+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Demise of Diplomacy" — Saturdays, 20:00 AEST

Professional Kangaroo Boxer The-King's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Phant View Post
    Alrighty, because I am really flexible and pick mostly based on what others pick, here are my top 5 picks:

1. Ottomans
    2. Castille
    3. Muscowy
    4. Venice
    5. England

I realise this may conflict with others but any of those 5 I would happily play.
    Most of those have been picked, I would suggest re-arranging your list because currently if you were to play you'd probably get venice.

Additional icons required Demi Moderator pevergreen's Avatar
    54 games registered

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Alrighty, because I am really flexible and pick mostly based on what others pick, here are my top 5 picks:

1. Ottomans
    2. Castille
    3. Muscowy
    4. Venice
    5. England

I realise this may conflict with others but any of those 5 I would happily play.
    You select 4 already picked nations, and another that is already against 4 other players?
    :P

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    You select 4 already picked nations, and another that is already against 4 other players?
    Hansa doesn't really have legitimate claims to venice though. Ottomans/Milan/Austria on the other hand might... But I would like to have Venice as a player

I will have no qualms about annexing savoy even if a player is playing them. I'm not going to give up free cores on rich land that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Venice is a solid MP pick, and will make trade leagues more interesting. In addition, what players (other than you, since you seem to want venezia) does Venice have issues with?

Quote Originally Posted by Pewt View Post
    I will have no qualms about annexing savoy even if a player is playing them. I'm not going to give up free cores on rich land that easily.

Venice is a solid MP pick, and will make trade leagues more interesting. In addition, what players (other than you, since you seem to want venezia) does Venice have issues with?
    But isn't that land part of the Holy Roman Empire! Surely the Emperor wouldn't let savoy fall to France!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'll have to talk to Tazen and maybe Austria... But I suspect I'll have to continue to hunt about for a nation to play. I was actually considering taking Venice, as well, but I won't if this guy takes it.

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Magicka

I know I am late on this but on the issue of too many players making it unstable I dont think it will be much of an issue. If you remember we had those players as milan an naples who simply stepped down after they were lagging to much.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

If he goes venice as I am Milan - if I get the chance to annex him I will :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankysh View Post
    If he goes venice as I am Milan - if I get the chance to annex him I will :P.
    I don't see how Milan can hope to annex Venice (fleet), and I don't see why they'd care much about Venice either; Venice is a naval power, whereas Milan is more of a continental power (at least for the first 100 years).

Usually MP venice v milan ends up something like this, which (at least IMO) is pretty reasonable for both players.

Last edited by Pewt; 12-01-2012 at 19:07.

I don't see how Milan can hope to annex Venice (fleet), and I don't see why they'd care much about Venice either; Venice is a naval power, whereas Milan is more of a continental power (at least for the first 100 years).

Usually MP venice v milan ends up something like this, which (at least IMO) is pretty reasonable for both players.

Or venice naval blockades milan owns it hardcore and they Take all of milanese lands.

Novas Aveum

kill them asap if your any good :P
    Last edited by Krijger9; 12-01-2012 at 22:38. Reason: Lulz
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

Quote Originally Posted by Krijger9 View Post
    Or venice naval blockades milan owns it hardcore and they Take all of milanese lands.

Novas Aveum

kill them asap if your any good :P
    Haha. Issue is, the more milanese land you take the harder it is to actually win a war (since they can trash you just as bad by occupying all your land territory).

In addition, I only killed Milan in NA because it turned out there was a real life friendship permaalliance going on which needed to be ended forcefully. Simply speaking in "Might makes Right" terms, you could make the same argument for attacking Austria or France.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind

Ok, I didn't think you were just going to go by people's first picks. That's fine. In that case I'll play Mamluks. I would play GH but poor Muscowy and Novgorod would die pretty quickly :/. Oh the succession crisis is pretty annoying too.
    What's Castille's stance on Portugal btw? Would knee-hi be interested in a long term Castille + Port Alliance?

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ok, I didn't think you were just going to go by people's first picks. That's fine. In that case I'll play Mamluks. I would play GH but poor Muscowy and Novgorod would die pretty quickly :/. Oh the succession crisis is pretty annoying too.
    What's Castille's stance on Portugal btw? Would knee-hi be interested in a long term Castille + Port Alliance?
    Um. You could play Portugal, I no longer have the time to play as them, thats why I'm looking for a different nation to play.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind

Take venice man, I don't really want to play it. Too much work to become stronger than Human frances/austrias :P
    (providing they aren't just better than me)

Take venice man, I don't really want to play it. Too much work to become stronger than Human frances/austrias :P
    (providing they aren't just better than me)
    I'll just be taking whatever nation is in the best situation after the first session. If that happens to be Venice, well awesome, but I suspect Austria will annex them before the end of the session.

Always willing to work out a deal. If you get port you can message me on steam. Name is FreiKorps.KneeHi in the steam group.

ottos, milan, austria, hansa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vainfall View Post
    ottos, milan, austria, hansa.
    Ottos: Sell Albania & Athens to them, don't take Montenegro.

Milan: They're land, you're naval and on an island. They can't do much so they'd be unwise to try.

Austria: Same as Milan, plus they have no conflict with you.

Hansa: Well, you've got to have at least some enemies!

Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

nvm

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

1.Vijayanagre
    2. Dai Viet
    3. Poland
    4. Naples
    5. Morocco

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast