• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm 140% sure (mostly from Dvelopers sayings) that there will be a demo. Also, I really really hope for a pre-demo!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?575832-Playable-demo

That's what devs say :

We make demo's for all our games.

If you're thinking about my post about an open beta, it's not the same thing, a demo can be a lot more limited in scope.
the latter as a reply to someone saying that it was confirmed that demo wasn't going to be released because it would damage sales.

Further on, that's what passionate fans remark :

Sengoku's demo was before release. Not very long before it, but it was before it. :)

All demo's have been released for the game was released, usually a couple of days or 1 week before that.

So, if 2+2=4 , I'd say we could expect a (limited but playable) CKII demo around 1 week before release ! :D
(Xain gains the "Lustful" trait)

Last edited:
I can see it not appearing on Steam. A few other Paradox games such as Victoria 2 and Sengoku don't have demos.
I know there are demos of those games, I'm just saying that they are not on STEAM and therefore the CKII demo may not be on STEAM.

Any news? I cant wait anymore to play :D

If I remember rightly the Sengoku demo came out on Monday and the game itself was released on Tuesday. Am I mis-remembering? Need more demo time. About 25 days should do.

I would think one-to-two weeks before release would be a good time to release a demo.

If I remember rightly the Sengoku demo came out on Monday and the game itself was released on Tuesday. Am I mis-remembering? Need more demo time. About 25 days should do.

It would be a bit silly to release the demo a day before the actual game. I can understand for people who want to try-before-they-buy, but really, for people who already know they are going to buy, I think we can wait one more day for the actual game.

It would be a bit silly to release the demo a day before the actual game. I can understand for people who want to try-before-they-buy, but really, for people who already know they are going to buy, I think we can wait one more day for the actual game.

No. Not true at all. I would like my cake and to eat it too!