+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: flame7926's Mod For PDM

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

flame7926's Mod For PDM

flame7926's Mod Tweaks

Winter - adds a winter province modifier to most provinces during the winter, depending on where the province is.
    Gaining Cores - Lets you gain cores, lowered by research, whether the provinces is a colony, whether it is primary culture, and what continent it is on.
    Satellite Events - A satellite can break free if it is a higher rank than its master, or if its capital is occupied by another country.
    Province Flipping - If you occupy an overseas province for 3 years, it can defect to you, so Canada wont be as hard to gain control of.
    Overseas Rebels - If rebels occupy an overseas state with cores of a non-existent country on it, then the country gets released with the rebel's ideology. Infamy and prestige added accordingly.
    Map Font - A new font for the map.

Download, then extract directly to your Victoria 2 folder, overriding all files.

Downloads:

4.4.8 - user mod.zip

4.4.9 - user mod.zip

4.5.1 - user mod.zip

APD 3.0.3 - user mod.zip

Winter Events:

Map Font:
    Last edited by flame7926; 18-05-2012 at 19:22.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I love the winter and satelite events! Good job!

Hope this gets implemented in PDM

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    flame7926's Mod Tweaks

Winter - adds a winter province modifier to most provinces during the winter, depending on where the province is.
    Gaining Cores - Lets you gain cores, lowered by research, whether the provinces is a colony, whether it is primary culture, and what continent it is on.
    Satellite Events - A satellite can break free if it is a higher rank than its master, or if its capital is occupied by another country.
    Province Flipping - If you occupy an overseas province for 3 years, it can defect to you, so Canada wont be as hard to gain control of.
    Overseas Rebels - If rebels occupy an overseas state with cores of a non-existent country on it, then the country gets released with the rebel's ideology.*

1. We don't need more attrition in the games, not by a long shot.
    2. That's really confusing, since how does one gain a core on a colony that it has only owned for one hundred years? If so, then there should be massive wars of reunification in Western Africa.
    3. No, absolutely not. It makes little sense for a satellite to instantly break away when another country breaks away. If they do that, then the satellite is utterly pointless; the Qing would lose their only ally within the first ten years, maybe five alone.
    4. Massively over-powered.
    5. That's already done, minus the ideology.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: 50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    If you blockaded the United Kingdom and occupied all their territory for three years, then you could potentially absorb the entire overseas empire. To improve this, I suggest limiting it to colonial territories on the same continent as the occupier. Therefore, the US can get Canada, the USCA can get Belize, China can get Hong Kong, Spain can get Gibraltar, and so forth.

However, even this can be a little too overpowered and result in territories changing hands far too often during lengthy wars AND create some funky things like some obscure European country taking Gibraltar or China taking parts of India (both being in Asia). This could even result in Mexico or the USCA (allies to the US) taking parts of Canada.

IMO, this would cause far too much trouble than its worth without making some really specific turn-overs.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post

1. We don't need more attrition in the games, not by a long shot.
    2. That's really confusing, since how does one gain a core on a colony that it has only owned for one hundred years? If so, then there should be massive wars of reunification in Western Africa.
    3. No, absolutely not. It makes little sense for a satellite to instantly break away when another country breaks away. If they do that, then the satellite is utterly pointless; the Qing would lose their only ally within the first ten years, maybe five alone.
    4. Massively over-powered.
    5. That's already done, minus the ideology.
    1. Yes we do, the supply limit is way too high, too easy to invade Russia in winter. Napoleon and Hitler failed because of it.
    2. If you have a primary culture of the province, or some other things, then it is recognized as yours, and that you have the right to reclaim it if you loose it.
    3. I dont understand what you are saying, there is nothing about another country breaking away.
    4. Not really, overseas war score is way too weak, and what war goes on for 3 years? I cant make a country make a peace treaty if its hopeless for them, so the provinces defect.
    5. I know, but I think ideology is important.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    If you blockaded the United Kingdom and occupied all their territory for three years, then you could potentially absorb the entire overseas empire. To improve this, I suggest limiting it to colonial territories on the same continent as the occupier. Therefore, the US can get Canada, the USCA can get Belize, China can get Hong Kong, Spain can get Gibraltar, and so forth.

However, even this can be a little too overpowered and result in territories changing hands far too often during lengthy wars AND create some funky things like some obscure European country taking Gibraltar or China taking parts of India (both being in Asia). This could even result in Mexico or the USCA (allies to the US) taking parts of Canada.

IMO, this would cause far too much trouble than its worth without making some really specific turn-overs.
    I think that if you are going after something specific, then you can get it before three years, the AI isnt normally in wars for that long, and if a player uses a feature how it isnt meant to, thats not my problem. But I was thinking of only making it colonies.
    I was also thinking of Africa, if France occupies a British colony in Africa for 3 years, then it makes sense for it to defect.

New version up with it only colonial provinces that can defect.
    Last edited by flame7926; 07-01-2012 at 23:18.
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon

Victoria 2

Finally someone made a mod that represents winter. Thank you sir !

I like the gain core events as well. But i was wondering if you could take a look at this and tell me if it would work.

Code:
    	trigger = {
    		province_control_days = 18250
    			limit = {
    				any_state = {
    					is_colonial = no
    					overseas = no
    				}
    			}
    		owner = {
    			OR = {
    				is_secondary_power = yes
    				is_greater_power = yes
    			}
    			war = no
    		}
    		NOT = {
    			is_core = THIS
    		}
    	}
    Basically i want to restrict your event to non colonial provinces and only mainland (like France doesn't end up getting cores on Madagascar ).
    Last edited by VaipaBG; 07-01-2012 at 23:30.
    България над всичко !

500k club

I think you could just put is_colonial = no and is_overseas = no.
    I don't understand province_control_days though, I had 20000 for it, but Germany got cores on Africa a few years after colonizing, so I changed it to just a mean time to happen.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

Does anyone know if this is savegame compatiable?

500k club

It should be. What year is it? Its better if you do it earlier in time, but it still works otherwise.

500k club

It should be. What year is it? Its better if you do it earlier in time, but it still works otherwise.
    Thanks, it is fairly early..

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Blog Entries
    Nr 4 is not even close to OP-- IRL, what will england do if USA did go to war?? They had to accept that Canada was lost... Not a chance in a milions years that there might be another outcome.. Most of canada is on the US border anyway.. As well as Spain and china... 3 years is a LOOOONg time..
    Jesus...hmm.. Lover of my soul :-)

Restoration-of-Charlemagne-(MMU)-from-Bergyndy ARR

500k club

New version for 4.4.9, mostly small fixes.

500k club

So just for clarification if you occupy lets say the Spanish Phillipeans in 3 or so years they will defect to you?

500k club

Yes, that is what the event is intended to do, is it not working?

500k club

Yes, that is what the event is intended to do, is it not working?
    No, I just occupied them and want to make sure I don't sit their for 3 years occupying them to fidn out I messed up.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Does grabbing that territory at least offer a bump in infamy? If not, that's quite the exploit you've created.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Does grabbing that territory at least offer a bump in infamy? If not, that's quite the exploit you've created.
    No there is no infamy gained from the event. However I don't see it a s OP. I like this system as it is somewhat historical and it makes it so grabbing far flung provinces way easier. Seriosuly taking some of Canada shouldn't require an invasion of the British Isles. Taking French Algeria shouldn't require you storming Paris etc....but, I can it see how it could be an exploit ( not that I care).

500k club

I'll add in an infamy gain, 1.5 per province. Six to 9 for an average state seems about right. A prestige gain too, the same.

How many provinces defected each time the event fired?

500k club

I'll add in an infamy gain, 1.5 per province. Six to 9 for an average state seems about right. A prestige gain too, the same.

How many provinces defected each time the event fired?
    Well I manually fired the event to test it out and 3 colonies all defected in one event.

500k club

Did it not fire by itself? How long had you been occupying the provinces?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast