+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: San Francisco & New York to Become Two Newest Cities in Motion!

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

San Francisco & New York to Become Two Newest Cities in Motion!

Iconic American Metropolises Coming to Transport Sim in Expansion Pack

Click image for larger version

Name:	cim_u.s._cities.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	45050

NEW YORK 2012 01 05 — Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order are taking its innovative transportation-sim game, Cities in Motion, on a coast-to-coast tour of the United States. In Cities in Motion: U.S. Cities, an expansion pack coming out the 17th of January, two iconic American locations will join the mix, allowing players to challenge their civic planning skills in both San Francisco and New York.
    Both cities will be available to play in campaign and sandbox mode, and will include new vehicles, new transportation types, and plenty of new American buildings, landmarks, and commuters.

View the Cites in Motion: U.S. Cities Announcement Trailer here:

In Cities in Motion: U.S. Cities, players will have a chance to try and serve the City by the Bay, as the city’s colorful citizens and tourists alike cross the Golden Gate and ride SF’s famous cable cars, a new addition to players’ transport options. Or, they can try to tackle the traffic in the Big Apple, making use of trolley buses as they move harried New Yorkers, and the just as harried cab drivers, from borough to borough.

More info about the game
    Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/citiesinmotion
    Twitter -- http://www.twitter.com/citiesinmotion
    Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/
    Webpage: http://www.citiesinmotion.com

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2

Let the first comment be mine: WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Great job, I am so impatient for 17th of January

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Magicka

Well, the middle of January is super!!! Ill get my new phone, and now this!!!!! Thank you-

Row such good news!

I also want a mediterranean city, such as Rome, or especially Barcelona

So something with specific vehicle type are trolleybuses and cable cars, not just two new metrotrain skins.

Must buy - definitly.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars

Awesome! Looking forward to trying San Francisco

Hmm, Cable Cars seems normal trams, and trolley buses, is this a variant of trams?
    Is it possible to build "cable cars", and "trolley buses" on the same place like a street?
    CIM2:CIM1 Addons & Mods:
    ModManager - Big Underground Metro Station v5 - Elevated Tram Tracks - Tram Puzzle Pieces 0.6 - Extended Moneybar 0.4
    Creating Mods: CIM Internals Scratchpad - Modified gs_tools 2011-12-24

As a SF Bay Area resident I am thrilled to see "Baghdad By The Bay" being introduced to this game I love so much!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by eis_os View Post
    Hmm, Cable Cars seems normal trams, and trolley buses, is this a variant of trams?
    Is it possible to build "cable cars", and "trolley buses" on the same place like a street?
    I think you're right, the Cable Car is just the tram renamed for the San Francisco map. To my mind this is a cable car. As for the trolley bus, i guess that will replace the tram only in New York (like the Monorail did in Tokyo)?

Quote Originally Posted by slornie View Post
    I think you're right, the Cable Car is just the tram renamed for the San Francisco map. To my mind this is a cable car. As for the trolley bus, i guess that will replace the tram only in New York (like the Monorail did in Tokyo)?
    I fear so, yes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fra...ble_car_system
    CIM2:CIM1 Addons & Mods:
    ModManager - Big Underground Metro Station v5 - Elevated Tram Tracks - Tram Puzzle Pieces 0.6 - Extended Moneybar 0.4
    Creating Mods: CIM Internals Scratchpad - Modified gs_tools 2011-12-24

WOW it's GREAT! Ohh, I can't tell anything.

But, hmm, trolleybus with one trolley pole?

Awesome!

Looks good!

This should be interesting!

It's just a pity that the Steam coupons don't work on stuff released in 2012, so hopefully this will be a decent price.

Looks great but as a New Yorker, I'm more than a bit underwhelmed. New York City is all about the hustle & bustle of the subways, elevateds, commuter rail roads and thousands of buses. NYC has not a single trolley line and the politics over here would never allow for one.

Now what would have been nice is if the trolley lines and elevateds play a large role in the early scenarios, but later on it's all about the subways & buses almost exclusively. A little more research and this would have been an awesome expansion pack. I was hoping at the least for a new type of subway station that you can place directly beneath the street a la NYC, with exits on both sides.
    Last edited by northshore line; 05-01-2012 at 18:21.

Cities in MotionMajesty II Collection

Trolley bus - YES! Hopefully it can be adapted to use on all maps. And thank you for having overhead wires for it as well. Day 1 for me.

General Demi Moderator giladteller's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

Looks like a great expansion! Can't wait to put my hands on that one!
    When I am using this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Please PM me, or any other moderator if you have any issues with how we run the forums.

Signature?
    I don't sign on anything without my lawyer!

My Blog | Cities in Motion WIKI | Cities in Motion 2 WIKI
    CiM Wiki on social networks:
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

But San Francisco is real realistic, if I can use Bus, TrollyBus, CableCar, Tram and Metro all together on the Map. If not, I'm very disappointed.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by northshore line View Post
    Looks great but as a New Yorker, I'm more than a bit underwhelmed. New York City is all about the hustle & bustle of the subways, elevateds, commuter rail roads and thousands of buses. NYC has not a single trolley line and the politics over here would never allow for one.

Now what would have been nice is if the trolley lines and elevateds play a large role in the early scenarios, but later on it's all about the subways & buses almost exclusively. A little more research and this would have been an awesome expansion pack. I was hoping at the least for a new type of subway station that you can place directly beneath the street a la NYC, with exits on both sides.
    I agree. It would be nice to have the metro stations be placed beneath the streets with two entrances like the elevated station. I hope there is a NYC subway type and not the BART system. At least there's some American building types. I noticed they included the "cruciform" housing project type tenement that's so common in NYC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast