+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why the changes?

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

Why the changes?

Can you please explain what the major changes (and there are a few) in this version and why you made them?
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by rwglaub View Post
    Can you please explain what the major changes (and there are a few) in this version and why you made them?
    Code:
    Version 14.112:
    ---------------
    common\
    advisor_types.txt:
    -fixed some advisors that didnt cost 20% (reported by Cykur).
    buildings.txt:
    -manufacturies are no longer considered manufacturies and only arts academy and universities can be built (unless you cheat).
    Ideas.txt:
    -changed revolution and counter rev to 'art of war', changed effects.
    on_actions.txt:
    -fixed a possible bug where there was lacking percentages which seems to have fixed the election system.
    static_modifiers.txt:
    -positive stability now reduces war exhaustion (based on feedback from rwglaub).

events\
    TN Buccaneer.txt:
    -fixed a bug that didnt allow the last BUC province to be annexed.
    TN Nations.txt:
    -adjusted the MTTH for years in the PRU event based on advice by 17blue17.
    TN Rebels.txt:
    -added a CB to the REB Island event.
    TN Republics.txt:
    -added some tags to ensure proper election cycles.
    TN Ribelanto.txt:
    -renamed the file to Rebels.
    TN Unknown.txt:
    -diamonds will be a bit more rare in events before 1866 (based on suggestions by Cykur and 17blue17).
    -balanced the appearence rates of Gold, Silver, Iron, and Copper based on feedback from 17blue17 and Cykur.
    -gold and diamonds will happen half as often if there is a neighbor province with the same good.
    TN Vassals.txt:
    -added BUC modifier to AI vassal event.

gfx\
    interface\
    build_army_bg.dds:
    -modified the file so the close button can be used.
    build_buildings_bg.dds:
    -removed file.
    build_navy_bg.dds:
    -modified the file so the close button can be used.
    hre_bg.dds:
    -modified the file.

history\
    provinces\
    1074,1099:
    -added fort1.

interface\
    hre.gfx:
    -changed the path to the custom hre_bg.dds file.

localisation\
    TN Buildings.csv:
    -changed 'manufactury texts.
    TN IdeasH.csv:
    -changed the name and description for revolution and counter rev.
    TN LoadingH.csv:
    -fixed a loading tip.
    TN SystemH.csv:
    -changed colors of Colonization log.
    i plan on overhauling the trade goods so that there is two sets of goos for each 'type' basicly a raw good like iron for example and then a good like weapons for example. Therefore I removed the 'manufactury' buildings.

The election system was fixed.

revolution and counter rev didnt work correctly and was poorly modeled by PI anyway.

balanced some of the goods events.

i hope this answers some of your questions, if not please ask me further.

the terrain file was named with a non-unicode character i guess. which conflicted with my computer due to my use of the Hebrew langauge in my typing sometimes. So, the file was not properly handled by the installer program i use. I will have to find a better one in order to fix this.
    Last edited by Darken; 05-01-2012 at 21:06.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

+ Reply to Thread