+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions/Quick Answers Thread

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyhadata View Post
    Yes this seems to get some results, though whenever I do that then start up the game, it shows me a blank map, and I am not quite sure how to fix this.
    You must follow the installation instructions in the download thread exactly. Do you have the latest beta patch and did you delete the map cache folder like it says?

Hey

I have a problem running the game after following all the steps described (all patches (beta from the 26th of september), the mod, the fix done and the map cache deleted). It starts loading and when it shows "Loading Databases" the game crashes immediately. I can't explain why...

Im running it on steam, does it matter?

Otherwise I have no idea what it could be... Should i just reinstall it and try again?... (What happens if I don't delete the map cache?)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by milk_milk View Post
    Hey

I have a problem running the game after following all the steps described (all patches (beta from the 26th of september), the mod, the fix done and the map cache deleted). It starts loading and when it shows "Loading Databases" the game crashes immediately. I can't explain why...

Im running it on steam, does it matter?

Otherwise I have no idea what it could be... Should i just reinstall it and try again?... (What happens if I don't delete the map cache?)
    Sounds like a bad install. Remember that removing Vic2 with steam does NOT remove any files from other mods which are unique to the mods-- it only removes Vic2 files. So you need to manually delete the entire folder in your steamapps folder. Assuming you did that, yes, you should try reinstalling. And you do want to delete the cache folder, as otherwise you'll get a crash whenever a country tries to use the new strait crossings.

I just noticed the mistake. The unpacker had "Skip existing files" enabled. Sorry for bothering you and thanks for the quick answer anyway...

What's the event like for the installment of the military dictatorship in the Empire of Brazil, if there is one?
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    What's the event like for the installment of the military dictatorship in the Empire of Brazil, if there is one?
    There's no such event that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    There's no such event that I'm aware of.

Ah. I thought there was an event for the Brazilians, since by 1889 there was a very unpopular over-throw of Emperor Pedro II that formed a military-dictatorship/democracy, and I could've sworn there was some sort of event for it.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

This has probably already been answered, but is PDM compatible with AoC?

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyBoxer View Post
    This has probably already been answered, but is PDM compatible with AoC?
    No, they are two different big mods with big changes to the base game.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Alright, I had a feeling that was the case, thanks.

Would there be any basis, since my 'Carlist Spain regains South American colonies' idea has apparently been nada'd, for the Spanish to be considered to annex the Republic of the Yucatan?

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    Would there be any basis, since my 'Carlist Spain regains South American colonies' idea has apparently been nada'd, for the Spanish to be considered to annex the Republic of the Yucatan?
    If you mean "add cores to the Yucatan", then no-- what possible justification would there be for that? If you wish to conquer the Yucatan, then conquer the Yucatan. You don't need cores there, nor would the rest of the world suddenly go "yes, that's Spanish territory" and allow Spain to run rampant, infamy-free, just because they decided they needed to have South America back? Monroe Doctrine be damned?

There's already a chain that starts with the Peruvian-Spanish war and allows Spain the chance to get some South American countries back as vassals if it defeats them (and the USA does not intervene). That's about as far as I personally would take it.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

What are the effects of plurality? I noticed it doesn't influence conciousness directly.
    Nationality: Flemish
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Reactionary
    Issues: Lim. Citizenship/Protectionism
    Cash Reserves: Average
    Militancy: 4 (+0.02)
    Conciousness: 8 (+0.05)

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Oberst View Post
    What are the effects of plurality? I noticed it doesn't influence conciousness directly.
    It gives an RP modifier.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Is the 'gain core' event identical to what it is in vanilla Vic2 (Nationalism & Imperialism, Great Power)? I'm playing Spain right now and I'd be very happy to finally get cores on my Cuban and conquered South American possessions.

It doesn't exist in PDM.

First Lieutenant
    Victoria 2

Krakau, die Hauptstadt West-Galiziens, Vereinigte Staaten von Groß-Österreich
    In my France game (PDM 4.5.0) I went for an advanced idea lowering my pop growth rate. I embraced the idea around 1879 and I still can't see any effect it has on my pop growth as late as in 1930. Other benefits (culture tech research boost for example) also seem to be absent or at least game does not inform my in no way about them. Is it WAD?

Also, is a newly embraced idea only "implemented" after national confusion modifier expires?
    "Beati in regno coelesti", sagt er sanft wie ein Lamm, "videbunt poenas damnatorum, ut beatitudo illis magis complaceat."

Quote Originally Posted by Carles li Reis View Post
    In my France game (PDM 4.5.0) I went for an advanced idea lowering my pop growth rate. I embraced the idea around 1879 and I still can't see any effect it has on my pop growth as late as in 1930. Other benefits (culture tech research boost for example) also seem to be absent or at least game does not inform my in no way about them. Is it WAD?
    Is it WAD that you're not better informed of the effects? Whether it is or not, there's not really anything we can do about it.

Also, is a newly embraced idea only "implemented" after national confusion modifier expires?
    No. The National Confusion modifier prevents you from changing it again.

First Lieutenant
    Victoria 2

Krakau, die Hauptstadt West-Galiziens, Vereinigte Staaten von Groß-Österreich
    As a matter of fact, I really can't see any of those effects. For example my pop growth seems to be unaffected, although the idea I embraced should lower my global pop growth by -0.3%.
    "Beati in regno coelesti", sagt er sanft wie ein Lamm, "videbunt poenas damnatorum, ut beatitudo illis magis complaceat."

Quote Originally Posted by Carles li Reis View Post
    As a matter of fact, I really can't see any of those effects. For example my pop growth seems to be unaffected, although the idea I embraced should lower my global pop growth by -0.3%.
    Maybe it doesn't work. That would suck. If so, then it never worked. Though I've found with other things that the effects of NV's just aren't visible (like the tech group-specific research boosts, for instance) even though they are indeed working. Either way, it's not a quick question/answer situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast