+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 62 87 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions/Quick Answers Thread

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

How would I go about (vastly) reducing the promotion of craftsmen? I'm still sick of seeing Russia fully industrialize by the 1860s. I'm running PDM 4.5.2.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is it normal that you have "endless" tons of money at game start ? (and that with many pops unemployed)
    (f.e. prussia 3000-4000 gold each day)

Will this get "harder" the more the game advances ?
    1st time i took a look into this mod today

Thanks in advance

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Is it normal that you have "endless" tons of money at game start ? (and that with many pops unemployed)
    (f.e. prussia 3000-4000 gold each day)

Will this get "harder" the more the game advances ?
    1st time i took a look into this mod today

Thanks in advance
    The economy won't settle down until quite a few months after the game starts. Yes it's normal that there's a lump of cash, pops also get a lump of cash from what I remember.
    It's definitely tighter after the first few months.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

ok than this mod is probably not what i hoped it is.

Thank you for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Dichromate View Post
    The economy won't settle down until quite a few months after the game starts. Yes it's normal that there's a lump of cash, pops also get a lump of cash from what I remember.
    It's definitely tighter after the first few months.
    There's a big payout to the nations, but POPs no longer receive anything. They do have their initial savings, but they burn through those in 4-5 days. And you have to remember that money's worth less than 1/10th of the vanilla value, as well - so if you're earning 400/day you're actually only getting a profit of about 30ish in vanilla terms.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

The 3.0.3 changelog includes several repeats from the 3.0.2 changelog, but having checked the 3.0.2 files it seems at least most of them were successfully added in the first place. Is this intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsane View Post
    The 3.0.3 changelog includes several repeats from the 3.0.2 changelog, but having checked the 3.0.2 files it seems at least most of them were successfully added in the first place. Is this intentional?
    Meh, c&p'd the wrong fileswap thread post.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Playing Prussia recently I noticed that I couldn't use the unification CBs against Denmark or France. When I clicked on them, the proceed key was greyed out. Instead I had to use the acquire province CB. I'm wondering why this is. I'm not playing the latest version (4.4.1, iirc).
    "The best flank defence is the confusion of the enemy." - Guderian

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Agenor View Post
    Playing Prussia recently I noticed that I couldn't use the unification CBs against Denmark or France. When I clicked on them, the proceed key was greyed out. Instead I had to use the acquire province CB. I'm wondering why this is. I'm not playing the latest version (4.4.1, iirc).
    4.4.1? Do you mean 4.5.2?

If it's really 4.4.1, then I have no idea what the deal was in that version for the Unification CB-- that was a long time ago. Could have been a bug which was later fixed.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

Berlin. Hint not Berlin in Colombia or Kentucky
    im playing pdm 4.5.2 with mexico and even though usa and i had an alliance and good relations they declared war on me. (i am an democracy due to a jacobin revolution) why do they declare war and is there anything to avoid it.
    Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.
    Otto von Bismarck

The working classes in every country only learn to fight in the course of their struggles
    Rosa Luxemburg

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

Berlin. Hint not Berlin in Colombia or Kentucky
    has this thread any purpose? i have waited 3 days for my "quick" answer. thank you for nothing.
    Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.
    Otto von Bismarck

The working classes in every country only learn to fight in the course of their struggles
    Rosa Luxemburg

Anti-Emperor
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck1899 View Post
    has this thread any purpose? i have waited 3 days for my "quick" answer. thank you for nothing.
    Few still play without AHD, and your situation is very specific. Perhaps you could provide more details or upload a savegame? Personally I would suspect an event of some kind, do you still have the Manifest-destiny cores (i.e. everything north of today's Mexico)?

And when playing Mexico the most reasonable strategies to pursue are from my experience either embracing your trimming to present day borders and work from there (i.e. possibly colonization, Latin America or immigration+industry) or be extremely militant from start to finish, try to get Texas without too many difficulties ASAP, and then secure an alliance with GB and when you've secured enough POPs and brigades you can go over the infamy limit.

I can't seem to get PDM working, I keep getting a runtime error whenever i try to start the mod. The game stops loading when it hits 'initializing maplogic'. Any help will be much appreciated. APD 3.0.3, Victoria 2 2.31 patch
    Last edited by BrownPaperBag; 14-05-2012 at 20:45.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Did you try to go to Document and settings/paradox interactive/victoria 2/PDM
    and delete map cache here ?

I found the problem, it was the map cache, just had to do a little searching around. Thanks.
    Last edited by BrownPaperBag; 16-05-2012 at 17:32.

Just curious how many treaty ports are available from China?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Hong Kong, Shanghai are separate regions.

Then you have Qingdao, Port Arthur in a region.

Machu is controlled by Portugal from the start.

That's all that I know of right now.
    Comm Cody on some forums, 2nd_Lt_Cody on others, and Pvt. Adams [29th ID] or 2nd_Lt_Cody on steam.
    I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing!
    Join the one big Kaiserreich Union!
    If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of sh*t.
    Leader of the Victoria III revolt!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1930sman View Post
    Just curious how many treaty ports are available from China?
    Seven. There's Hong Kong, Macao, Shanghai, Qingdao, Port Arthur, Weihaiwei and Jiaxing.

I recently bought AHD and decided to give PDM a go. I was and am blown away by how well balanced and hard the game now is (I played last in days of 1.3 patch). I have one question though, how can I increase administrative efficiency for conquered states? I play as Siam and have conquered 2 states from my neighbours, and although one of them has 1.7% bureaucrats, the state administration efficiency is at 0%. How can i increase it?

Do you know guys, how can i make guld rush as it is in vanilla again?
    Also is it possible to make the gold-rush immigration? For countries like Transvaal. Its historically correct thing.
    Last edited by 48th tennessee; 31-05-2012 at 10:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 62 87 112 ... LastLast