Thread: Kaz the Cossack A Fire and Sword AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Blog Entries

Kaz the Cossack A Fire and Sword AAR

'The Deluge'

That is what it is called in Polish History with their influence in the area shrinking. In my AAR, you will follow my exploits across the land to watch 'The Deluge' take place.

Hi everyone, and thank you for joining me in my AAR. This is my second attempt at an AAR. My other was in Vicky 2 with China. My AAR style is not your usual. I have a mixture of plot detail and show and tell with many images and some video.

This is version 1.143

Before we dive into the adventure. Let me fill you in on some background of our character.

Kazimierz is a Polish mercenary that fights for more than just money. He also fights to end tyranny. Poland may be Kaz's homeland, but he realizes they have not been kind to their Cossack neighbors. For that, Kaz will become a traitor to fight for the Cossacks and help their cause. Now, if the Tsar, Tartars, and Swedes get in the way, it is my intention just to make them collateral damage. I plan on working for the Cossack cause during my tenure throughout these troubled times.

Lets just use our imagination on this painting and say we are gathered around the table writing our demands to break free from any Polish influence and the Liberation of Ukraine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Repin_Cossacks.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	44914

I am here to help this army win their freedom.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Cossack_army_in_1648.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	749.9 KB
ID:	44915
    My Vicky 2 Chinese AAR ----- Vicky 2 Ottoman AAR
    Nations I have gone Wire to Wire with: HOI3 FTM - USSR
    EU3 HTTT - Castile and Ottomans - DW - Burgundy
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt
    Vicky 2 - China, Ottomans, and Sweden
    Winner of the fan contest to take part in the Paradox Interactive Convention at NYC 2011

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Kaz gets right to work. He hones his skills with Clermount. I am sure we will run into the French mercenary later in our journeys.
    My first victim.

My first noble steed.

Just hosed our first round of bad guys with the Frog and his friends.

A close up of Kaz as we go on our separate ways.

On to Poltava to recruit some men to fight for the cause.

The first mates to join me.

To boost some experience, we tackle some ruffians we come in contact.

A short vid of our skirmish

Some loot and upgrades we collected.
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt
    Winner of the fan contest to take part in the Paradox Interactive Convention at NYC 2011

Blog Entries
    I continued on to recruit more men.

These guys will be a good addition. Need to raise some cash so I can recruit some mercenaries from camps.

Found some Crimean deserters. These guys retreated to a defensive formation and were armed and armored well. They put up a great fight.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a77...8-30-07-43.jpg

Got some nice Armor out of this fight.
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Looking good so far.
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blog Entries
    So I needed money to pay my troops. One thing I do not want is angry men and to be in major debt at the same time. Instead of looting the first village we saw, we traveld to the first Polish village. I will have no sympathy looting them.

We come upon Ponyri.

We give the villagers the option just to hand over their goods and money and leave but they choose to resist us. Here are the final battle standings. I lose more men, but it is a real cost of war. I should have enough money now to recruit some mercenaries that can gain some experience. Lots of great things to sell from this raid as well.

EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Looks good, although tbf I only watched the video
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    Looks good, although tbf I only watched the video
    lol, I am going to add some new material in the coming weeks

Edit:
    Fyi, this AAR is on the back burner until maybe August. Making an AAR for Vicky 2 and moving to Europe will take much of my time away from this project.

Abandoned aar - mods feel free to do with this as you please.
    Last edited by GuileMike; 19-12-2012 at 04:53.
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt