+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 284

Thread: "Pecunia Infinita" — Mondays, 19:00 CET

  1. #81
    Lt. General Kommando23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    Not necessarily, but in this case its kinda obvious that he would stop another nation from puing an AI nation inmidst his vassal territory. Additionally its not smart from lama to not make deals with hansa and austria/poland about how to divide northern germany. If he had used diplomacy he would be a lot stronger now.

    In a lot of games hansa doesnt care bout europe and moves to NA/CA/india asap. But the last divide et impera game proved quite nicely that if your not in europe, your nothing. Netherlands annexed ming and south/east asia but could not effectively interfere with any european wars and was essentially a hedgehog waiting to get dowed by russia/OE.
    That's a rather Eurocentric perspective, from over here it looked exactly the opposite way.

  2. #82
    Lt. General Lama43's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    Not necessarily, but in this case its kinda obvious that he would stop another nation from puing an AI nation inmidst his vassal territory. Additionally its not smart from lama to not make deals with hansa and austria/poland about how to divide northern germany. If he had used diplomacy he would be a lot stronger now.

    In a lot of games hansa doesnt care bout europe and moves to NA/CA/india asap. But the last divide et impera game proved quite nicely that if your not in europe, your nothing. Netherlands annexed ming and south/east asia but could not effectively interfere with any european wars and was essentially a hedgehog waiting to get dowed by russia/OE.
    You do realize that jpvg was/is a wandering jew, right?
    About that hedgehog thingy, it depends. He left ALL of his continental possessions and had no navy. No wonder he couldn't pose a threat to Europe.

  3. #83
    Lt. General Kommando23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    You do realize that jpvg was/is a wandering jew, right?
    About that hedgehog thingy, it depends. He left ALL of his continental possessions and had no navy. No wonder he couldn't pose a threat to Europe.
    Another Eurocentrist. Europe couldn't pose a threat to me, you mean?

  4. #84
    Major Lamertu's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    663
    I'll try to join next week's session as well, as Viyajanagar?

  5. #85
    There can only by War india
    Become an ottomanish vassal

    And live
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijger9 View Post
    There can only by War india
    Become an ottomanish vassal

    And live
    Take care of the hordes first, then you can talk. Which will take another 50ish years, so plenty of time for hindustan to form and consolidate :P.

    France might be interested in guaranteeing Indian independance from the evil muslims, given a small incentive ;-).

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    Take care of the hordes first, then you can talk. Which will take another 50ish years, so plenty of time for hindustan to form and consolidate :P.

    France might be interested in guaranteeing Indian independance from the evil muslims, given a small incentive ;-).
    =(

    It seems the french do not favor the ottomans in any way or manner, the ottomans shall take france words of wisdom and offers to be bribed by any nation *after handeling timu a bit*
    to fight france if the price is right
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

  8. #88
    Yea, if you dow ppl, some ppl start to dislike you but if your bribed, the good old "im only a mercenary" works fine .

    And i dont "dislike" the ottomans, i just dont see why they should have any business in india ;-).

  9. #89
    Major Lamertu's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    And i dont "dislike" the ottomans, i just dont see why they should have any business in india ;-).
    Me neither ^^

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    Yea, if you dow ppl, some ppl start to dislike you but if your bribed, the good old "im only a mercenary" works fine .

    And i dont "dislike" the ottomans, i just dont see why they should have any business in india ;-).
    We do not forgive, we Do not forget, We are ottomans
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

  11. #91
    Captain Sorgenkind's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aarau, Switzerland
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijger9 View Post
    We do not forgive, we Do not forget, We are ottomans
    Exact the same can be said about the austrians =)

  12. #92
    Major jpvg's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slagelse, Denmark
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    I'm sorry but i'm failing to understand the second part of your post. You didn't even ask me to peace out, you just pressed annex and bye bye.
    The last part explains why I pressed annex immediately. I can expand it where I can for you if needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    I was JUST writing that i'll agree to the terms.
    I am not psychic, I was in the belief that you would try to stall the war as long as possible for Austria to enter with more troops, I did not have time to wait as you had allready refused peace on multiple earlier occasions and Austria could be throwing 20-30k more towards the occupied BB areas, I simply didn't know, it was essential for me to get an end to the war as fast as possible to get room to make a lasting deal with Austria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    And remember, peace terms will always be enforced by the GM, i'm not corrupt or something as you have most likely noticed.
    That requires you surrender, you didn't. As long as you didn't surrender, the only thing I could do was to annex or forcepeace you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Also you didn't say "don't touch Oldenburg" when i PUed them
    I did however ask you to lift your siege so my own troops could stand on Oldenburgs provinces, I thought your war was about getting the vassal to the west and at the same time I could just get my Oldenburg which I had been feeding with provinces. When I realized that your goal was to PU Oldenburg, it was too late so I just stayed in the war until you were pulled in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    that if your not in europe, your nothing.
    Like taken out of my mouth Hixt!
    Former Games : Revenge of The Habsburgs, Primus Inter Pares II+III, Ex Castris Virtute II, Testing Grounds, Nemesis, Sound of Drums, In Absentia, Fruit I+II, End of Days, Imperium Malleus, Novus Aevum, Vespere Jovis, Pecunia Infinita, Cabal is for Winners, Vacca Polska & Victis Honor.

  13. #93
    Lt. General Lama43's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    The last part explains why I pressed annex immediately. I can expand it where I can for you if needed?



    I am not psychic, I was in the belief that you would try to stall the war as long as possible for Austria to enter with more troops, I did not have time to wait as you had allready refused peace on multiple earlier occasions and Austria could be throwing 20-30k more towards the occupied BB areas, I simply didn't know, it was essential for me to get an end to the war as fast as possible to get room to make a lasting deal with Austria.



    That requires you surrender, you didn't. As long as you didn't surrender, the only thing I could do was to annex or forcepeace you.



    I did however ask you to lift your siege so my own troops could stand on Oldenburgs provinces, I thought your war was about getting the vassal to the west and at the same time I could just get my Oldenburg which I had been feeding with provinces. When I realized that your goal was to PU Oldenburg, it was too late so I just stayed in the war until you were pulled in.


    Like taken out of my mouth Hixt!
    You didn't give me the time to write that i surrender. I couldn't stay fully occupied without trading.
    And AFAIK that was Austria's only stack.

  14. #94
    Major jpvg's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slagelse, Denmark
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Kommando23 View Post
    That's a rather Eurocentric perspective, from over here it looked exactly the opposite way.
    The point is that as long as you got possessions in europe and are able to put up a hell of a fight, you matter in the big picture even if you only put up half of the troops of the #1 landpower, you are able to sign deals and agreements, moving to ie Ming leaves you dead in the water seen from a diplomatic viewpoint, there will be 1-2-3-4 people that you can interact with. Staying in Europe greatly increases your possibility to interact and influence the world around you and therefore you are a better option for friendship.

    I suppose there is exceptions but 9/10 times this will be the case and in most case I would advice new MP players to move but the power, the glory & the honor is in Europe, not that surprising for a game called "Europa Universalis"
    Former Games : Revenge of The Habsburgs, Primus Inter Pares II+III, Ex Castris Virtute II, Testing Grounds, Nemesis, Sound of Drums, In Absentia, Fruit I+II, End of Days, Imperium Malleus, Novus Aevum, Vespere Jovis, Pecunia Infinita, Cabal is for Winners, Vacca Polska & Victis Honor.

  15. #95
    Major jpvg's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slagelse, Denmark
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    You didn't give me the time to write that i surrender. I couldn't stay fully occupied without trading.
    And AFAIK that was Austria's only stack.
    But there is no way I could know that you would agree to my terms upon reaching 100%, you didn't agree when I wiped Austrias stack, you didn't agree with 3/4 areas occupied, there was no way I could know that you would surrender now as I already had my 100% from simply occupying you. I deducted that you were gonna try to stall me to get DK/NL/Austria into the war by refusing peace forcing me to peacestab you for ~1 year, there is no way I could know any better, I offered you the same peace over and over and you refused it. I decided to simply end the war fast while I could.

    And I did not have an alliance with Austria, a NAP or otherwise a deal that would secure me from potentially 40?k angry austrians if he had em, there was no way I could know that he didn't, had he send more troops to begin with I would have rushed in and attempted to assault you instead of wiping his stack.
    Former Games : Revenge of The Habsburgs, Primus Inter Pares II+III, Ex Castris Virtute II, Testing Grounds, Nemesis, Sound of Drums, In Absentia, Fruit I+II, End of Days, Imperium Malleus, Novus Aevum, Vespere Jovis, Pecunia Infinita, Cabal is for Winners, Vacca Polska & Victis Honor.

  16. #96
    There is a good chance that i won't be able to make it tomorrow, work load and whatnot. So if anybody fancies subbing the mighty nation of novgorod it would be greatly appreciated!

  17. #97
    Lt. General Lama43's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomdentist View Post
    There is a good chance that i won't be able to make it tomorrow, work load and whatnot. So if anybody fancies subbing the mighty nation of novgorod it would be greatly appreciated!
    Ok.

    We need a sub for Novgorod, show up tomorrow if you're interested
    Last edited by Lama43; 15-01-2012 at 22:04.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Ok.

    We need a sub for the OE, show up tomorrow if you're interested
    I need a sub??
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

  19. #99
    Lt. General Kommando23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijger9 View Post
    I need a sub??
    We need a sub for Novgorod, show up tomorrow if you're interested

  20. #100
    Lt. General Lama43's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijger9 View Post
    I need a sub??
    Oh sorry, got confused with NC2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts