+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Pecunia Infinita" — Mondays, 19:00 CET

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

"Pecunia Infinita" — Mondays, 19:00 CET

This is a sort of continuation of my previous game, somebody requested it, so why not!
    For those wondering about the title, it's a part of the phrase "Nervos belli, pecuniam infinitam" (Sinews of war, infinite money) adapted to be used alone (at least stydying Latin at school allows me to do this stuff ), so yeah infinite money for everybody!

Options: All normal except spread of land and sea provinces on 100 and no lucky nations
    Session duration: 19:00-23:00 CET
    Starting date: 9th January 2012
    GM: Lama43
    Co-GM: Histaxin
    Host: Lama43.

Out of game communications will be through Razalhague's Mumble channel (uk.teamspeak.cc:64741), also in case you don't have a microphone, Mumble is bugged for you or you just hate it there's this chat: http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0205815/VF/chat/

Unlike the previous game there are no strong limits on the maximum players, this means that if the only available countries are Moldavia, Navarra, Pskov and so on the recruitement will close (it doesn't mean that they're banned)
    Rules

Absences:

In case of an unwarned absence the first session the absentee's country will be considered free and can be picked by another player, in case it happens after the first session the player has 2 sessions of protection after which he will be kicked from the game
    It is the responsibility of the player to actively find a sub for his country, however the GM will do an announcement on the thread to find subs.
    If a player misses a session and cannot find a sub, their nation will be controlled by the AI. Any human player finding themselves at war with the country should end the war as quickly as possible, minimising damage to the absent player's country.
    If a player rage quits their country is unprotected and any peace under 100 warscore can be applied.

Rehost:

Each player has the right to 2 rehosts per session. If there are technical issues there won't be a rehost until these might be fixed, this means no consecutive rehosts for a single player. In case a player doesn't show up during a rehost because he's AFK (or for any other reason) he will have to wait 30 minutes, unless a rehost for another player is needed.
    When rehosting the checksum must be BJLT, so you'll need to quit and restart the game as quickly as possible in case it's AJLT or others.

General Rules:

War Taxes are permitted.
    Agreements between players, private or public, will not be enforced. However, agreements that form part of a peace deal will be.
    If you feel you have been seriously mistreated by another player, contact the GM discreetly.
    Do not wreck your nation. No mass-releasing of vassals out of spite, and no refusing to peace for no reason other than pettiness.
    You can only declare war on a player's vassal if you are already at war with that player, or you have a specific casus belli (like Reconquest, general CBs like Holy war or Cleansing of Heresy aren't allowed.)

Peace Rules:

A peace term can never be over 100% Warscore for person and the release of provinces counts as double the Warscore. This is to prevent games where one single nation or alliance can bully everybody.
    Annexing people is possible, however the defeated player needs to own only one province.
    Alliance leaders may not sign peace without the explicit consent of all members of their alliance. Minor members of the war may peace out separately, but still the other alliance must agree on that.
    When declaring war, the attacker must state his goals, and if the player surrenders to those terms the winner(s) must stop any further action until peace has been reached, that means retreat from battles and stop sieging. It's not possible to revoke the surrender.
    Selling provinces (for ducats or not) can ONLY be part of a peace deal if the province is a distant colony (like an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean) and if it's not a core of the defender, also the sale must be agreed by both sides.

Gaming the System:

Generally all exploits are forbidden, here's a list of the common ones:

Releasing and reconquering vassals on which you have a core in order to burn infamy, however it is possible to diplo-annex them 10 years later.
    Selling or donating manufactories, CoTs or missionaries to other players.
    Selling provinces to another player for the sole purpose of said province being removed from the Empire and then returned.
    Selling provinces when the buyer can't see said province and/or has no discovered path to access it.

Keep in mind that this is just a list of examples, it does NOT mean every other exploit is allowed.

Player list:

Lama43: Brandenburg
    phantomdentist: Novgorod/Russia
    jpuldk: Castille
    KneeHi: Portugal
    The-King: England
    Histaxin: France
    jpvg: Hansa
    Kommando23: Milan
    Lamertu: Holland/Netherlands
    Krijger9: Ottomans
    Hagbard00: Poland
    DuffyZeEmu: Denmark/Scandinavia
    Sorgenkind: Austria

Stats:

1st session
    2nd session
    3rd session
    4th session
    5th session
    6th session
    Last edited by Lama43; 19-02-2012 at 17:59.

not sure if i can definitely make it at that time, but i will post my preferences anyway

Novgorod
    Milan
    Switzerland
    Venice
    Holland

MSN:
    dentistphantom@hotmail.co.uk

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty II Collection

Im in

Castille
    Holland
    Milan
    Brandenburg
    Manchu

Lets do eet

Portugal
    England
    Venice
    Castille
    France

Professional Kangaroo Boxer The-King's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Castille
    England
    France
    Ottomans
    Holland

Since DeI will end soon, im in.

Castille
    England
    France
    Ottomans
    Novgorod

For the first few sessions at least, i should be able to host. So add me as a secondary host if you need 1.
    Last edited by Histaxin; 04-01-2012 at 16:47.

i havent played online before so if its ok for a noob im in , by the way whats the starting date and is it vanilla or mod

france
    astria
    ottomans
    muscowy
    england

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

Milan
    Denmark
    Ottomans
    Morocco
    Hansa

I don't sleep anyway, so.

England/Holland/Minamoto/Sicily/Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    Since DeI will end soon, im in.

Castille
    England
    France
    Ottomans
    Novgorod

For the first few sessions at least, i should be able to host. So add me as a secondary host if you need 1.
    There's a problem, with the current appliances you would get France, do you really want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Reaper View Post
    i havent played online before so if its ok for a noob im in , by the way whats the starting date and is it vanilla or mod

france
    astria
    ottomans
    muscowy
    england
    I would prefer not putting a newbie in such an important country like France. Mind making another list?

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    There's a problem, with the current appliances you would get France, do you really want it?
    Mhm, since ive mostly played land nations, id prefer playing a naval nation so i can do some blockading myself for a change.

But France is fine as well.

And id like you to change that rule

"There is no absolute limit on the number of provinces which can be demanded from a player in a war. However, the other players will want to keep the balance of power so expect a punitive war in case you treat harshly a player. Also i'd like to keep this game fairly weak-friendly, so remember that it isn't a deathmatch to annex all the other players."

to the usual 100% rule at least. The only game with no provinces rule ive been in (Vacca Foeda 2) quite nicely showed that there has to be some rules in that aspect otherwise it will be severely abused and quite likely end prematurely.
    Last edited by Histaxin; 04-01-2012 at 19:24.

fair enough new list is

austria
    bohemia
    portugal
    muscovy

I've never done an MP before, here's to my first game. They start at midnight for me, which is about an hour after I get off work. I may occasionally come home late, hopefully not.
    I basically want a land focused nation. As long as I'm not gonna get squashed in the first century of the game, I don't care what.

Sweden
    Teutonic Order
    Denmark
    Brandenburg
    Novgorod

If there's no player in Russia, I'll take Novgorod as my favoured nation. Since it's my first game I figure Scandinavia is out of the way and nobody's really attracted to it, but Russia's too important to leave open.

Also, I have an obscenely fast internet connection. 7mb/s download, and 1.5 mb/s upload, located in Florida. So if you need an alternate host, you can throw me in there.

The checksum is BJLT, right?
    Last edited by Vainfall; 04-01-2012 at 20:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Histaxin View Post
    Mhm, since ive mostly played land nations, id prefer playing a naval nation so i can do some blockading myself for a change.

But France is fine as well.

And id like you to change that rule

"There is no absolute limit on the number of provinces which can be demanded from a player in a war. However, the other players will want to keep the balance of power so expect a punitive war in case you treat harshly a player. Also i'd like to keep this game fairly weak-friendly, so remember that it isn't a deathmatch to annex all the other players."

to the usual 100% rule at least. The only game with no provinces rule ive been in (Vacca Foeda 2) quite nicely showed that there has to be some rules in that aspect otherwise it will be severely abused and quite likely end prematurely.
    There are still some naval nations left like Venice and also Hansa but don't expect to expand a lot in Germany
    You're right, i made a somewhat more restrictive rule than the 100% warscore though since through that game i also discovered 100% is a really big limit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vainfall View Post
    I've never done an MP before, here's to my first game. They start at midnight for me, which is about an hour after I get off work. I may occasionally come home late, hopefully not.
    I basically want a land focused nation. As long as I'm not gonna get squashed in the first century of the game, I don't care what.

Sweden
    Teutonic Order
    Denmark
    Brandenburg
    Novgorod

If there's no player in Russia, I'll take Novgorod as my favoured nation. Since it's my first game I figure Scandinavia is out of the way and nobody's really attracted to it, but Russia's too important to leave open. and yes, I'm obsessed with Scandinavia / Prussia. :P

Also, I have an obscenely fast internet connection. 7mb/s download, and 1.5 mb/s upload, located in Florida. So if you need an alternate host, you can throw me in there.
    Fine with Sweden but don't expect it to be a land nation, you'll have to confront with Brandenburg here
    Anyway i myself have around 10 Mb/s upload so no need of your services, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post

Fine with Sweden but don't expect it to be a land nation, you'll have to confront with Brandenburg here
    Anyway i myself have around 10 Mb/s upload so no need of your services, thanks.
    I don't think Brandenburg will have too many designs on Norway, maybe Denmark, though. My ambition is really quite modest, I just want to take Norway, Denmark, possibly Estonia although that's usually a russian SOI.. and than watch the game unfold. Maybe I'll take a few colonies if I can. I Just want to chill and watch everything. I know I'll be involved in war eventually, but this is a learning experience for me.

If you have such internet, why would you even mention needing a secondary host? Damn european infrastructure ¬¬

Quote Originally Posted by Vainfall View Post
    I don't think Brandenburg will have too many designs on Norway, maybe Denmark, though. My ambition is really quite modest, I just want to take Norway, Denmark, possibly Estonia although that's usually a russian SOI.. and than watch the game unfold. Maybe I'll take a few colonies if I can. I Just want to chill and watch everything. I know I'll be involved in war eventually, but this is a learning experience for me.

If you have such internet, why would you even mention needing a secondary host? Damn european infrastructure ¬¬
    Oh great, then we can be friends!
    Anyway, that's because my speed isn't even near to the highest, for example Histaxin has around 50 Mb in upload...

I'm open to Swedish-German diplomacy. My natural ally anyways. Are you talking about mbp/s or mb/s? Theyre related but different. I know European infrastructure is better then American but 50 mb/s upload is ridiculous. Mbp/s is believable, thats about 10 mb/s. Mbp/s is what isp use to rate their speeds.

frankfurt
    holland
    milan
    Hansa,
    westernized mutapa
    Last edited by Krijger9; 05-01-2012 at 01:42.
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

Actually I'm gonna have to drop out of this one. I was looking into joining a few games, and I think somewhere along the line I mixed up timezones with this game and another one, because I just realized this is at 1300 my time, which is 10 hours sooner than I thought it was. Unless you can switch to a sunday or saturday, but I don't expect you to do that for one player.
    Last edited by Vainfall; 05-01-2012 at 07:18.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ottomans
    Mamluks
    Naples
    Poland
    Byzantium (if no Ottomans)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast