Closed Thread

Thread: TN 14.112 for DW 5.1 שלום

TN 14.112 for DW 5.1 שלום

שלום
    TN mod 14.112 for DW 5.1 :
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/terra-nova...va-mod-1299-vg
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hl3dxk25x7a49rf

Might not be save game compatible with TN 13.105 and earlier versions due to map changes.

Summary of changes:
    -fixed election system.
    -minor bug fixes.
    -minor game balance changes.

*****the mod will crash if you dont fix this billboard.fx**********
    billboard.fx:
    -it needs to be placed from the mod\Terra Nova\ folder into the vanilla EU3\gfx\fx\ folder. if not, then you need to rename the Terra Nova\interface\good.gfx file or replace it with a older TN one.

*****the mod might have terrian graphics problems if you dont fix this
    terräng-mall.dds:
    -it needs to be renamed from the mod\Terra Nova\map\terrian\terrang-mall.dds to terräng-mall.dds OR copy the vanilla file terräng-mall.dds to the mod\Terra Nova\map\terrian\ folder. After Changing my non-unicode text in windows so that i could read hebrew text in chat and text programs, I am unable to get this file to process correctly in the .exe file packager program.[/B]

Code:
    Version 14.112:
    ---------------
    common\
    advisor_types.txt:
    -fixed some advisors that didnt cost 20% (reported by Cykur).
    buildings.txt:
    -manufacturies are no longer considered manufacturies and only arts academy and universities can be built (unless you cheat).
    Ideas.txt:
    -changed revolution and counter rev to 'art of war', changed effects.
    on_actions.txt:
    -fixed a possible bug where there was lacking percentages which seems to have fixed the election system.
    static_modifiers.txt:
    -positive stability now reduces war exhaustion (based on feedback from rwglaub).

events\
    TN Buccaneer.txt:
    -fixed a bug that didnt allow the last BUC province to be annexed.
    TN Nations.txt:
    -adjusted the MTTH for years in the PRU event based on advice by 17blue17.
    TN Rebels.txt:
    -added a CB to the REB Island event.
    TN Republics.txt:
    -added some tags to ensure proper election cycles.
    TN Ribelanto.txt:
    -renamed the file to Rebels.
    TN Unknown.txt:
    -diamonds will be a bit more rare in events before 1866 (based on suggestions by Cykur and 17blue17).
    -balanced the appearence rates of Gold, Silver, Iron, and Copper based on feedback from 17blue17 and Cykur.
    -gold and diamonds will happen half as often if there is a neighbor province with the same good.
    TN Vassals.txt:
    -added BUC modifier to AI vassal event.

gfx\
    interface\
    build_army_bg.dds:
    -modified the file so the close button can be used.
    build_buildings_bg.dds:
    -removed file.
    build_navy_bg.dds:
    -modified the file so the close button can be used.
    hre_bg.dds:
    -modified the file.

history\
    provinces\
    1074,1099:
    -added fort1.

interface\
    hre.gfx:
    -changed the path to the custom hre_bg.dds file.

localisation\
    TN Buildings.csv:
    -changed 'manufactury texts.
    TN IdeasH.csv:
    -changed the name and description for revolution and counter rev.
    TN LoadingH.csv:
    -fixed a loading tip.
    TN SystemH.csv:
    -changed colors of Colonization log.
    I think this version will work with 7-11-11 and 6-29-11 betas but its best to use 7-12-11 or 5.1.
    Last edited by Darken; 04-05-2012 at 03:37.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

Anybody else having problems downloading? I keep getting a message from the webpage saying please try late if this error message persists. There is no error message.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

The problem is only with this file. I had no problem when I went back to the previous version and tried to download.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

i wasnt able to download it either. maybe it will take a day for the server to get it fixed? maybe ill send them a messege. I will try to upload it to mediafire and add the link.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hl3dxk25x7a49rf

Colonel

Thanks! Downloaded fine.
    Last edited by rwglaub; 02-01-2012 at 21:02.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Corporal
    Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I did the corrections as listed but the game still crashes on startup. After renaming the goods.fx file do I replace it with an older version? That wasn't quite clear in the instructions. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alrhuff View Post
    I did the corrections as listed but the game still crashes on startup. After renaming the goods.fx file do I replace it with an older version? That wasn't quite clear in the instructions. Thanks
    well, i forget what older version you would need. its probably best to ust rename or delete the goods.gfx file if you are not willing to put the billboard file in the vanilla folder. This might might you are missing on map goods graphics without the goods.gfx file i think.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

Corporal
    Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that I either move the billboard.fx folder OR I rename the goods.gfx file? Not both, right?

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that I either move the billboard.fx folder OR I rename the goods.gfx file? Not both, right?
    right. not both.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy

Martin Luther King

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

yes. You need to move the billboard.fx file (just the file itself) from the mods main directory into the main games gfx\FX directory or rename the goods.gfx file in the mod.

Its best just to move the billboard.fx file into the main game as:

1) It will not hurt or goof up the main game or any other mods.
    2) Both the TN mod and the MEIOU mod both need this file to function.

EDIT: I see Darken responded while I was typing. Well two responses are better than none.....

Corporal

Well, I've done all this, tried both options and the game still won't load. I tried running it as administrator, as well. I can't get the MEIOU mod to run either, so maybe it's something to do with my system. Magna Mundi runs alright though.

I do appreciate the quick feedback and if you have any other suggestions I'll be happy to try them.

Well, I've done all this, tried both options and the game still won't load. I tried running it as administrator, as well. I can't get the MEIOU mod to run either, so maybe it's something to do with my system. Magna Mundi runs alright though.

I do appreciate the quick feedback and if you have any other suggestions I'll be happy to try them.
    do you have windows 7 or vista? try copying EU# and the mod to a non program files location or turn off UAC or make sure you have admin abilities, etc.

Corporal

Yes, I have Windows7. the game is not in the program files and I run it as administrator. Still no go. Thanks for help. I guess there's just something screwed up on my pc, although what it could be I don't know. Could a firewall affect the download somehow? The game is a fresh download from Gamersgate, so I don't think it's corrupted in any way.

As I said, I can't run the MEIOU mod either. I don't know if that tells you anything. MagnaMundi runs fine though.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Yes, I have Windows7. the game is not in the program files and I run it as administrator. Still no go. Thanks for help. I guess there's just something screwed up on my pc, although what it could be I don't know. Could a firewall affect the download somehow? The game is a fresh download from Gamersgate, so I don't think it's corrupted in any way.

As I said, I can't run the MEIOU mod either. I don't know if that tells you anything. MagnaMundi runs fine though.
    You do have DW right? Not just HTT?

The current version of MagnaMundi is only for HTT and should not work with DW so that tells me you do not have the DW expansion from Paradox or if you do have DW it is not installed correctly.

In comparison the current versions of TN and MEIOU are for the DW expansion and require the DW expansion to have been installed over HTT plus downloading and installing the DW 5.1 final patch. Of course if you do that then MagnaMundi will no longer work. Best to have two installs of the game - one install like you have now patched to HTT and the other installed and patched to DW. Paradox allows multiple installs on the same computer.

There is an older version of the TN mod that will work with HTT but not the current version in this download thread.

The version for HTT is linked below

WARNING - IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE PARADOX FINAL PATCH FOR HTT AS THE FINAL PATCH HAD SOME BUGS. INSTEAD IT NEEDS THE PARADOX HTT 4.1 BETA PATCH FROM 4-29 which you can find in the main Paradox tech support forum.

If you have already installed the final HTT patch then just download the last HTT beta 4.1 April 29 patch and extract somewhere temporary and then copy the exe from this temporary install and paste in to your game. Meiou also has an older version for HTT which again needs the same HTT beta 4.1 April 29 patch and I think all the other mods who had HTT versions also worked well with the April 29 beta.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post11633252
    Last edited by 17blue17; 21-01-2012 at 07:59.

Hi,

I also have the same problem. Just downloaded the mod and tried to run it on a fresh DW 5.1 but whenever I try to start a game I get a CTD. Here's the system_error log:

Code:
    [effecthandler.cpp:89]: D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed for file: gfx/FX/billboard.fx. Couldn't open file.
    [meshtype.cpp:324]: Error opeing file:  [File not found]
    [texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: .
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: TAC, near line: 743
    Unexpected token: FUJ, near line: 744
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 745
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 750
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 754
    There was another error about a missing texture called build_buildings_bg.dds but I fixed that one by copying the file in question from the game's gfx/interface folder.

Quote Originally Posted by _Alex_ View Post
    Hi,

I also have the same problem. Just downloaded the mod and tried to run it on a fresh DW 5.1 but whenever I try to start a game I get a CTD. Here's the system_error log:

Code:
    [effecthandler.cpp:89]: D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed for file: gfx/FX/billboard.fx. Couldn't open file.
    [texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: .
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: TAC, near line: 743
    Unexpected token: FUJ, near line: 744
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 745
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 750
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 754
    There was another error about a missing texture called build_buildings_bg.dds but I fixed that one by copying the file in question from the game's gfx/interface folder.
    You missed some of the instructions on the download thread. You need to do the following to fix the crash:

*****the mod will crash if you dont fix this billboard.fx**********
    billboard.fx:
    -it needs to be copied from the mod\Terra Nova\ folder into the main game EU3\gfx\fx\ folder.
    *****the mod might have terrian graphics problems if you dont fix this

terräng-mall.dds:
    -it needs to be renamed from the mod\Terra Nova\map\terrian\terrang-mall.dds to terräng-mall.dds

Sorry, I totally missed that. Perhaps it would be better to make it red?

Quote Originally Posted by _Alex_ View Post
    Sorry, I totally missed that. Perhaps it would be better to make it red?
    good idea
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy

Martin Luther King

Closed Thread