+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this Mod all about ?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries

What is this Mod all about ?

MEIOU : What is this Mod all about ?

What Kind of Mod Are We Looking For ?

In February or March 2011, a player started a discussion on the MEIOU subforum of Paradox Plaza about the category of mods that MEIOU should be placed in : map mod or total conversion mod. To be honest, neither of the two labels satisfied me :
    Although the initial aim of MEIOU was changing and improving the map, given the work I've put into, the amount of script fuzzbug has corrected, improved and added, and the interface and graphics built by Solo_Adhιmar... well, "map mod" comes quite short when attempting to describe MEIOU.
    In my opinion, the main examples of total conversion mods are Magna Mundi (MM), Rising Nations (RN) and The Dark Years (TDY), and there are a few others. RN and TDY change the scope of the game, by changing the era (to, respectively, the 20th century and Medieval Age). MM has a completely different vision of the game, that eventually led them to make their own game based on the Clausewitz engine used by EUIII. Although we have set the start date slightly earlier, converion mod is not the intent of this mod.
    In that discussion, a player came up with a label that I like : Content Extension Mod. What does it mean ?
    I love Europa Universalis III, otherwise I wouldn't have even thought about spending countless hours on it since january 2007. I, and the other members of the MEIOU team, feel that it falls a little short on some aspects, and some other features had some room for improvement.

When Europa Universalis III came out in January 2007, many players complained about the loss of the historicity of EUII, that Paradox had made a sandbox game along the lines of Civilization, with just a historical setting on a real world map. I, along with many others, saw it as an opportunity, an opportunity for "historical plausibility". I remember being frustrated several times in EUII because, playing as Spain, with a sound economy and stable nation, I'd go bankrupt, just because Spain historically did.... however, in history, Spain had overextended itself, had relied too much on the gold of the Americas, and had pretty much ruined its own economy. So one of the goals of the MEIOU team is to understand not just why and how an event happened, but also how the situation could change to make it not happen.

All in all, MEIOU is a mod for EUIII that aims to provide an experience which is both more realistic, detailed and varied than vanilla. It aims to achieve more realism by modelling more of the forces in play in the world, not by forcing the game into paths that real history happened to follow. The greater detail includes:
    • a more detailed map with many more countries and provinces
    • additional decisions, events and missions
    • additional advisors, cultures, trade goods and policy sliders
    • modified versions of other great mods such as SRI and Dei Gracia
    • many new feaures such as building improvements, trading posts and Treaty of Tordesillas

The greater detail gives the player (and the AI) more choices to make, thereby making each game more varied, and, ultimately, more interesting.

Versions of the mod :

MEIOU : Bartolomeu's Expedition
    Version for the base Europa Universalis III

MEIOU : Napoleon's Ambition
    Version for the Napoleon's Ambition expansion

MEIOU : Joan's Vision
    Version for the In Nomine expansion or Europa Universalis III "Complete"

MEIOU : Philippe's Heirdom
    Version for the Heir To The Throne expansion

MEIOU : Tokugawa's Destiny
    Version for the Divine Wind expansion or Europa Universalis III "Chronicles"

Useful links :

MEIOU Online Manual (under construction)

MEIOU on Facebook

MEIOU on Twitter
    Last edited by gigau; 14-01-2013 at 09:26.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    MEIOU Online Manual , a google site under construction...
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    I forgot that if you have ideas and text suggestions to improve the Online Manual, please feel free to post them here, send them to me by private message or at gigau_@hotmail.com.
    •

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    Added the following links in the first post :

MEIOU Online Manual (under construction)

MEIOU on Facebook

MEIOU on Twitter
    •

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Love the mod

+ Reply to Thread