• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yes exactely. used editpad lite even repeatedly, but i reached the limit
edit: anything could do, dont care about deleting last wars and stuff, just need it to run for some more time

Last edited:
never mind, got it. i had a hunch i could delete dead people, but it was crashing. i felt it had something to do with how they are blood connected to living people, so i tried to use chexstas formula for edit lite, but replaced history for father, mother and children and at the very end i was able to make those dead bastards rot away fom my savegame cementry :D

Any chance someone can upload the file again? I'd suggest Mediafire, if I recall correctly, the files stay online for as long as you have them synced to some place in your pc (therefore, they are permanently on the web).

Thanks in advance!

so. i dont have the precious file u are looking for, but i have far more effective method to reduce the file size. what i learned from dude named cheexsta:

"None compatible with the most recent versions of the game, no. What I've done in the past was download EditPad Lite - it's free and has a powerful Regular Expressions search engine. Make a backup of your savegame file before you do anything!

Open your savegame file in EditPad and bring up the search dialogue (button on bottom left corner). Click the button that says "Regex" and the "Dot" button next to it, so they are both selected. In the "Search" box, type:
Code:

^\t\thistory.*?^\t\t}

And in the "Replace" box, type:
Code:

\t\thistory={}

Click the "Replace All" button and let it do its thing. This will delete all character history."

than u need to get rid of dead characters:

use formula: ^\t\tfather.*?^\t\t} --> "literally nothing, i mean litarally"
analogivally to: ^\t\thistory.*?^\t\t} --> \t\thistory={}

than do the same with mother and children to destroy blood connections, otherwise it crashes

and at the very end delete characters to certain point of birthdate, they are lined from oldest to youngest. i suppose u should be careful not to delete someone who is living, but i didnt try it, maybe it will work anyway, dunno.

this should trim the file to similar size as starting one, the file uploaded in this thread deletes just history, which means it wont help much in later game.
hope u use it for ur liking.

edit: the program is called 'editpad lite' i personally have version 7

Last edited:
Well, here's a new version he came up with. From the changelog:

2.0b1
-added GUI
-testing a fix to a problem where rebel controlled provinces default to
rebel ownership
-testing a fix to a problem where a country can call allies into a war
where they have a ceasefire agreement with the opponent

www.megaupload.com/?d=N9QOPJZE
Hello Victor,

Could you please repost a new valid download for this updated trimmer tool, or better send it to master_dani30@yahoo.com.

I really need it.

Thank you in advance!

so. i dont have the precious file u are looking for, but i have far more effective method to reduce the file size. what i learned from dude named cheexsta:

"None compatible with the most recent versions of the game, no. What I've done in the past was download EditPad Lite - it's free and has a powerful Regular Expressions search engine. Make a backup of your savegame file before you do anything!

Open your savegame file in EditPad and bring up the search dialogue (button on bottom left corner). Click the button that says "Regex" and the "Dot" button next to it, so they are both selected. In the "Search" box, type:
Code:

^\t\thistory.*?^\t\t}

And in the "Replace" box, type:
Code:

\t\thistory={}

Click the "Replace All" button and let it do its thing. This will delete all character history."

than u need to get rid of dead characters:

use formula: ^\t\tfather.*?^\t\t} --> "literally nothing, i mean litarally"
analogivally to: ^\t\thistory.*?^\t\t} --> \t\thistory={}

than do the same with mother and children to destroy blood connections, otherwise it crashes

and at the very end delete characters to certain point of birthdate, they are lined from oldest to youngest. i suppose u should be careful not to delete someone who is living, but i didnt try it, maybe it will work anyway, dunno.

this should trim the file to similar size as starting one, the file uploaded in this thread deletes just history, which means it wont help much in later game.
hope u use it for ur liking.

edit: the program is called 'editpad lite' i personally have version 7

Do you know how to delete characters to certain point of birthdate, is there a formula/code in edit pad lite for this one?

You realise you quoted a post from a little over 4 years ago? And brought a nearly 2 year thread back from the dead?

True Dacian@:
no there is no formula, you just cant delete someone who is in any kind of relation to the living or the game will crash. backup the file and try your best, its not as hard as it seems ;)