+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Savegame Trimmer Tool for Vae Victis

New Savegame Trimmer Tool for Vae Victis

Here is a tool that was made by a friend of mine (tal). He's also a member of this forum (find him and spam his PM box!) but he's either too modest or too lazy to log in and share it with the rest of you. I like to think it's the modesty....

Anyways, here is a tool that will trim your savegames by removing dead characters, battle history, character histories and such. It was designed to work with EU:Rome with the 2.32c patch of Vae Victis, and the EPIGONI MOD, Version 2.01b. It should in theory work for other savegames using Vae Victis (unless the mod made some major changes to the savegame format...), but it is what it is. As an example, a 43.5mb savegame was trimmed to 9.7mb and worked as it was supposed to.

Here's the link for the download:

www.megaupload.com/?d=UAZN9680

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I'll gladly try this and report back! Thanks!
    Appius ait fabrum esse suae quemque fortunae.
    (Appius said that each one is the crafter of his/her own fate)
    Ps. Sall. 1, 1, 3

Audaces Fortuna juvat, timidosque repellit.
    (Fate helps the audacious and scorns the fearful)
    Reference not found

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tried it very briefly with a savegame from Magna Terra under the 2.35 beta patch and it appears to work just fine. 48MB went down to 12 and it still loads at least

Will test it out more when I have time.
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

This is a great idea. I have tried it on a save game from the Magna Terra mod. I am afraid that there appear to be some issues with it. Because it deletes the country history it seems to mess with some information that is needed for game play:

1) Normally you cannot call an ally into a war if they have a ceasefire agreement with the opponent (if you try it will say "They are already at war with the same enemies"). For some reason when I run the trimmer on the save game file it then allows me to call in those allies that are still being held by ceasefire agreements and it also allows the AI nations to call in those allies. So that after running the trimmer I found that I was back at war with the various nations that I had only a few months back signed treaties with.

2) Another thing that I noticed is that my provinces that had been conquered by rebels immediately were converted into independent nations at the turn of the first month after using the trimmer. Normally the provinces have to be held by the rebels for a number of months before they would declare independence. So I am guessing the trimmer must have erased some vital information about how long those provinces had been held by rebels...

It may be that these 2 issues are restricted to the Magna Terra mod, but i doubt it as they seem to be quite fundamental game rules. I would say that it would be better if you could choose different options about what info to erase, for example if I could run it and specify to only delete character info and not nation info, neither of the two problems that I identified above would have come up.

On another totally different issue, the readme instructions are somewhat lacking. I had to install Java on my computer and I also had to add a path to the Java "bin" directory to the "Path" variable of the system variables to get the trimmer to work in the first place, instructions are here for anybody that has a similar issue:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Well, here's a new version he came up with. From the changelog:

2.0b1
    -added GUI
    -testing a fix to a problem where rebel controlled provinces default to
    rebel ownership
    -testing a fix to a problem where a country can call allies into a war
    where they have a ceasefire agreement with the opponent

www.megaupload.com/?d=N9QOPJZE

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

+2 consuls for you, this looks very handy
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Updated version doesn't work for me, it gets stuck on "Removing Battle History" (I think it was, I can't remember). I left it going all night just to be sure, it didn't move from there.
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is this being hosted anywhere else since Megaupload's recent issues?

ditto on the Megaupload issues, my government is preventing us from accessing the file.

Anyone have any file storage sites to recommend? I always just used megaupload...

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

gamefront.com?
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

I clicked on the gamefront link and it said "The file you are looking for seems to be missing. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is an error." Even though the website seems to know the file name, size, date added etc.

Is it possible to re-upload? Thanks.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

The trimmer took my file down 75%. I also had to set up a system path variable for java.exe to work, but that wasn't hard. I used it to try and fix a recurring crash on a certain date, sadly, it didn't fix that. At least it made my file more viewable for troubleshooting though.
    War therefore is an act of violence intended to compel our opponents to fulfill our will -- Clausewitz

Hi! I lost this very useful tool. A new upload link would be very appreciated!

Cheers! This is very appreciated

could you reupload? pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by -lolmaker- View Post
    could you reupload? pretty please
    Try the cheexsta fix in the epigoni mod forum, it does not remove dead characters but it removes the history thus halving the savegames
    Byzantine.Hellenistic.Ottoman.Sogdian

i know that one, but its not enough, even after i use it the file is about 50 mb large

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast