• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(370150)

Recruit
4 Badges
Aug 27, 2011
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Hello and Sorry to be a bother. I know that most of you guys are volunteers and enthusiasts with lives involving other things besides helping the guy that just wants to play and doesn't have a clue about what any of this stuff means.

•Publisher version of Game and the patch you are using (1.01, 1.02, etc)
I am using Victoria2 Version 1.3 with oldvic and all of the spites. All purchased through Steam.
•Operating system (Win9x, WinMe, Win2000, etc.) and build.
I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
•Computer Make, Model, CPU & speed
eMachine model eMD528, x-64 based PC, Intel(R) Celeon(R) CPU 925 @ 2.30 GHz, 2294 MHz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s), Phoenix V1.07 4/24/2011
•Memory (RAM - the more you have, the better off you will be!)
Installed physical Memory is 2.00GB Ram
•Free disk space on the hard drive where the game is installed
838 MB available of free space 2.08GB available for virtual memory
•Video Card brand, model number, current driver version and video memory
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series express Chipset Family w/ driver 8.15.10.1892 and 7.03MB
•Sound Card brand, model number and current driver version
Intel(R) High Definition audio HDMI 6.10.1.2077; 136KB....I don't know if that's it or if this is...RealTek High Definition Audio 6.0.1.6156; 2.31 MB Sorry about that
•DirectX Version Installed
I don't know...it just downloads it again every time
•Other potentially useful hardware components or configurations
I use a wireless mouse.
•Mention that you read this thread before posting
I think that’s everything you asked for in the sticky
•A clear and detailed – yet concise – description of the problem you’re having. The more detailed information you give us, the faster we’ll be able to solve your problem.

My Vic2 game experienced some issues with my desktop after working fine for six months. After giving up on solving the issues, I just bought another computer since I needed it for work. I followed all of the tips and advice from a previous forum in regards to a total clean install and everything. It's a brand new computer, but I'm experiencing the following problems.

1. No matter how many times I validate game cache (or whatever it's called) I still end up with the same 2-5 things that get re-downloaded. I do it before every game and every time I end up re-installing DirectX and C+++. Why? Are there multiple copies of this on my computer now? Will I have to do this every time to simply be able to start a game?

2. Even after doing this I cannot play the game as Great Britain or Punjab. I cannot also load a saved game. So far my record is having the game run for 60 some hours because I'm on a role or whatever, but it always crashes or freezes sometime between 1865-1875...depending on how much of that time is actually spent playing.

3. I cannot download Victoria 2 1.4 patch. the .rar file just does not open. I also am confused as to where I am supposed to save that since it is a manual download and not an update through steam.