+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POP generator tool?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

POP generator tool?

Is there any pop generator? and/or could anyone who knows about these things make one?

Theres is random scenario mod right, i havent used it but ive had a wee look at the thread, and it must generate POPs right? so if it can do it, one which is only for POPs should able to be work too
    So it ought to be possible to have a wee programme that would create a POP for a country, using history files to know what provinces to put equally sized or dynamically generated or whatever pops in and using history files again for what culture to make them. or something like that anyway.
    Just as a foundation as without a foundation making POPs for whole new scenarios seems to look pretty much impossible so some kind of tool would be brilliant

Theres alot of Alt-History mods and others which would need something like this too popping up these days, so theres probably a good chance someones going to make one of these so im just asking in the hope someone has
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

This idea is honestly genius. You could click on a province and select an estimate population based on the province's geography and life rating, or you could manually select a population number and % makeup of the labor pool and the culture. Either way you do it, this could work out excellently.

This would indeed be incredibly useful (says the guy working through China's pop file D: ).
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    This makes me wish the Clausewitz Scenario Editor let you edit POPs. Something like this would be especially useful since going through the text files is a headache.

In all honesty, we could see half of the currently incomplete/paralyzed scenario mods be revitalized and completed thanks to a tool such as this due to the cutting of time and frustration that would be involved in doing the most tedious part of V2 modding: POPs. Sadly, I don't have the talent or know-how to make a tool to do this

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by EMT0 View Post
    In all honesty, we could see half of the currently incomplete/paralyzed scenario mods be revitalized and completed thanks to a tool such as this due to the cutting of time and frustration that would be involved in doing the most tedious part of V2 modding: POPs. Sadly, I don't have the talent or know-how to make a tool to do this
    aye, thats why i was hoping there was one. just the tracking down of the provinces in the pop files is murder enough as theyre hidden away in modern countries. If you could just get all the ones for one country in the one file, you could atleast have a place to start from, and if it was possible to give the generator an option to use entred national population and culture, class, religion, etc percentages and have it generate everything then even better.

The way i imagine it might go is you ask it for a POP file for a tag, it looks in your history files and definitions.csv and makes a file called tag.txt [tag being the countries tag] which has a pop entry for every province that country owns, named and numbered. and with equal token size pops for use as a foundation or randomly generated ones or something.
    But i wouldnt have the first clue about how to go about making one.
    But theres a random scenario mod, and EU3-converters so it must be possible, so heres hoping someone who knows how to do these things takes an interest!
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Anyone know enough to do this? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Anyone know enough to do this? Please?
    Im sure quite alot of people want something like this quite desperately.

Don't Press the O

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Would help out greatly with my World War 1 mod that we will begin working on again after AHD comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    This makes me wish the Clausewitz Scenario Editor let you edit POPs. Something like this would be especially useful since going through the text files is a headache.
    Does that work with 1.4?
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

Does anyone think there would be any point at all in more or less asking Paradox very nicely to spoil their fans and give us something like this? If so, I'll happily get on my metaphorical e-hands and e-knees for this.

Quote Originally Posted by EMT0 View Post
    Does anyone think there would be any point at all in more or less asking Paradox very nicely to spoil their fans and give us something like this? If so, I'll happily get on my metaphorical e-hands and e-knees for this.
    Unless they already have one, i dont think theyd have the time, what with having new games about to come out and making new ones and everything. Paradox being a company needs to pay for time, modders dont.

Don't Press the O

Corporal
    EU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Hi everybody,

I have been working on a tool which facilitates the creation of POPs and I am testing it at the moment.

The way it works is that it reads a text file in which you can specify the total population for a group of provinces, the distribution of cultures and professions etc. using short codes and fractional numbers and then it will create the Vic 2 readable text output. In a way it is not a rocket science program and functionality is limited, but it can speed up the creation of a pop file markedly. Moreover, you can do things like multiplying the whole population specified in the file by a constant factor and recreate it in a second, if you want to create pops for a scenario 20 years ahead, say.

Well, I'll keep you guys updated. I have plans to release this soon, but on the other hand real life is quite real for me at the moment, and I hardly find time for things like Vic 2. But who knows, there is a weekend coming...

Regards

Hierakares

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hierakares View Post
    Hi everybody,

I have been working on a tool which facilitates the creation of POPs and I am testing it at the moment.

The way it works is that it reads a text file in which you can specify the total population for a group of provinces, the distribution of cultures and professions etc. using short codes and fractional numbers and then it will create the Vic 2 readable text output. In a way it is not a rocket science program and functionality is limited, but it can speed up the creation of a pop file markedly. Moreover, you can do things like multiplying the whole population specified in the file by a constant factor and recreate it in a second, if you want to create pops for a scenario 20 years ahead, say.

Well, I'll keep you guys updated. I have plans to release this soon, but on the other hand real life is quite real for me at the moment, and I hardly find time for things like Vic 2. But who knows, there is a weekend coming...

Regards

Hierakares
    You are a legend.

completely awesome! thanks!!!

Don't Press the O

Once you finish this, modders will worship you on your own pedestal nearly as tall as Paradox's own, for the great service you're doing for us

Someone has put one out here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility i havent looked at it yet but it looks to be of interest to anyone subscribed to this thread.

Don't Press the O

I personally support both potential POP modding tools, this way there'll be use of whichever one is most convenient.

Corporal
    EU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Hi,
    I did not know that there was another person working on sth. similar, thanks for pointing out.
    the basic functionality of the program posted by Kalelovil looks very similar to what I am working on. I guess it's a good idea if both programs are developed further.

Mine is basically working, I just do not find the time to write a short description of its functionalities at the moment. Please be a bit more patient...

Regards

Hierakares

Hi,
    I did not know that there was another person working on sth. similar, thanks for pointing out.
    the basic functionality of the program posted by Kalelovil looks very similar to what I am working on. I guess it's a good idea if both programs are developed further.

Mine is basically working, I just do not find the time to write a short description of its functionalities at the moment. Please be a bit more patient...

Regards

Hierakares
    Take your time, we appreciate all the effort you put into this

Hi,

Regards

Hierakares
    Hey Awesome! and thanks, cant wait to see what yourve come up with. Good Luck and no worries, take your time as you need it.

Don't Press the O

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast