+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac OS X version for Steam

Mac OS X version for Steam

Paradox, you are doing a great job porting your games to Mac OS X. However, on Steam it seems like "In Nomine" is the latest available expansion for Mac. Am I missing something? Since Mac version of "Divine Wind" is available on Gamers Gate, I assume this is just a matter of publishing. Are there any plans for publishing Mac-version of most recent EU3 expansions?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

The MacOS versions of Paradox games are developed and sold by a separate company, Virtual Programming. Any information on this issue would be between them and Steam.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

WATLAH ! Paradox Support Rep
    61 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by wicharek View Post
    Paradox, you are doing a great job porting your games to Mac OS X. However, on Steam it seems like "In Nomine" is the latest available expansion for Mac. Am I missing something? Since Mac version of "Divine Wind" is available on Gamers Gate, I assume this is just a matter of publishing. Are there any plans for publishing Mac-version of most recent EU3 expansions?
    There are Mac versions of all the expansions, just not necessarily from Steam. GamersGate has them for instance. You'd need to contact Steam to ask them to publish DW, or just buy Chronicles.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

I don't get it. If OSX versions of the latest expansions are already out for a couple of months (more?), why aren't them on steam already?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by OryBand View Post
    I don't get it. If OSX versions of the latest expansions are already out for a couple of months (more?), why aren't them on steam already?
    You'd have to ask Steam or VP; has nothing to do with Paradox. I would assume it isn't just a delay and they must simply have not made any distribution deal.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    There are Mac versions of all the expansions, just not necessarily from Steam. GamersGate has them for instance. You'd need to contact Steam to ask them to publish DW, or just buy Chronicles.
    On Steam, only the base game (EU3 Complete) is flagged as Mac supported. Heir To The Throne and Divine Wind and Chronicles are listed as Windows only, making buying Chronicles pointless since it'll force the expansions to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jayc4life View Post
    On Steam, only the base game (EU3 Complete) is flagged as Mac supported. Heir To The Throne and Divine Wind and Chronicles are listed as Windows only, making buying Chronicles pointless since it'll force the expansions to be installed.
    EU3 Complete is the version I play. I would have got Chronicles on Steam, but they didn't allow that for Macs. Unfortunately, since a Mac is all I have anymore, I can't keep up to date with this game.

Does anybody else still play EU3 Complete, especially Mac users?

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    EU3 Complete is the version I play. I would have got Chronicles on Steam, but they didn't allow that for Macs. Unfortunately, since a Mac is all I have anymore, I can't keep up to date with this game.

Does anybody else still play EU3 Complete, especially Mac users?
    Yes, I boot-camp to Windows every time, unfortunately.

I've contacted VP and apparently they're willing to transfer my Steam purchases to Deliver2Mac (their Steam-like service). Perhaps I'll be able to play Chronicles on my Mac after all. Will keep you updated once I resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by OryBand View Post
    Yes, I boot-camp to Windows every time, unfortunately.

I've contacted VP and apparently they're willing to transfer my Steam purchases to Deliver2Mac (their Steam-like service). Perhaps I'll be able to play Chronicles on my Mac after all. Will keep you updated once I resolve this.
    So, what happend? You see, i'm in the same situation as you and i've managed to contact VP to tell them that i bought both EU3 Complete + Divine Wind buy i need Hier to play on meta server, and as they dont have that game on STEAM i'm asking them to transfer all my money onto deliver2mac instead.

WATLAH ! Paradox Support Rep
    61 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

You realise Steam and VP are entirely unrelated companies? I doubt they can or will transfer your money between themselves; as I said in the other thread you'll need to get your money back from Steam, and buy from VP independently.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Unfortunately they haven't replied yet, even though I've sent them 2 or 3 emails already. They completely ignore me.

+ Reply to Thread