+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to invade an Island?

How to invade an Island?

I am ethiopia, and I have invaded eritrea. So far i have all of their land, except the island with the town of Arnat. this is their capital, as it is the only thing they have. But i have tried, embark, which doesn't work, and an air invasion, which also isn't working. the weight is all good and fine, but the island seems impossible to get to. How can I capture the island?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Europa Universalis IV

It's just an idea but I think the game prevents you from making invasions in a place that has zero supply.
    "Computers are like old testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy." - Joseph Campbell

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria II: A House Divided

For an air invasion , the units you want to drop need to be "air droppable". Theres an icon indication which units have that ability on your pop up and Technical Readouts.

Playing as Ethiopia, Im guessing you have no ship transport for a sea invasion. Merchant Marine will only work from Friendly ports/piers to other friendly ports/piers. For a sea invasion, you will need to aquire some amphibious transport ships to carry your units across the ocean hex.

Please register your game. Im hesitant to help those who havent registered.

Thought I did register the game >.<
    Ok well it is registered now, and thanks for the help.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020

Np, If you have more questions you might try looking for information on the dev forums.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/

Posting questions there usually get a quicker response.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Europa Universalis IV

As air drops go on islands, don't drop them on an island without at least a pier/port because you won't be able to get the unit off of the island without them or at least the ability to build one.
    "Computers are like old testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy." - Joseph Campbell

How do i contact a board adminstrator on bgforums because activation thing isnt working?

Try Balthagor. Either PM or his email which is in his sig.

Heres the email.

Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com
    You can PM him on these boards or the Dev forums.

Quote Originally Posted by murlocmancer View Post
    How do i contact a board adminstrator on bgforums because activation thing isnt working?
    Don't feel bad.. I went to update my Email address and they make you reactivate when you do, and the same thing happened to me. So I threw a hissy fit until they re activated me. Their servers get blocked by alot of ISPs. (guess they found the cheapest servers they could and it just happens to be where the spammers mail from )

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

Yes this has happened to my ally Ethiopia (playing as democratic Iran!) DWO Eritrea 1 day after independence and its now early 60s and still holding out on island!
    [INSERT]

+ Reply to Thread