+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaya Mod - new countries and religious events for the Indonesia and Malaysia region

Malaya Mod - new countries and religious events for the Indonesia and Malaysia region

Malaya Mod 0.03 - Download Here!

Okay, got this idea while playing some mods with a Golden Bull of 1356 start rather than the Lancaster start in 1399.

The Malay region in vanilla EU3 (and most mods) consists of 5 countries at game start - Malacca, Aceh, Brunei, Majapahit and Makassar - each country is also completely independent of the others, and with the exception of Majapahit, all are Sunni Muslim.

The aim of this mod is to make the region better reflect historical reality. This means splitting up the monolithic Brunei and Aceh sultanates into smaller historical Hindu kingdoms, filling up easten Indonesia with territory controlled by the rival kingdoms of Ternate and Tidore, making almost all the countries in the area Hindu right off the bat (but also incorporating events and decisions to allow kingdoms to convert to Islam, as they did historically) and, in pre-1402 games, showing most of the Malay region as vassals of the Majapahit empire.

The end result looks something a little like this:

Update: Version 0.01 released! (2 January 2012) Note that this is my first time actually creating a full mod package, so I apologise if I screwed up catastrophically somewhere.

Update: Never mind. I dun goofed with the layout of the folders somewhere in the mod preventing it from booting correctly. Expect a functional release tomorrow.

Update: Version 0.01 released (again)! (3 January 2012)

Update: Version 0.02 released! (26 January 2012)
    Last edited by Krankovich; 08-02-2012 at 09:22.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tucked away safely in your darkest nightmares
    Blog Entries
    Best of wishes. That area really needs some love
    My AARs:
    Baghdad in the Sky with Diamonds (last updated 27/08/13)
    So Long Mom, I'm Off to Drop the Bomb - A Fallout 2 AAR (last updated 08/06/14)

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I'm working on a mod of this region as well. Great minds think alike, eh?
    My nationalism hurts, the horrors of how The East Indies is treated as barbaric empty lands in most games, not just eu. Are you by any chance Indonesian or Malaysian?
    I've done some map-modding, haven't touched the history files at all yet.
    "If you want to see it well, you do not stand in one place." - Chinua Achebe

Quote Originally Posted by theconfusedone View Post
    I'm working on a mod of this region as well. Great minds think alike, eh?
    My nationalism hurts, the horrors of how The East Indies is treated as barbaric empty lands in most games, not just eu. Are you by any chance Indonesian or Malaysian?
    I've done some map-modding, haven't touched the history files at all yet.
    Nope. I'm Australian, ethnically British-German. Hence why I'd hoped for someone more apt at reading Malay language stuff might be able to help me with dynastic research.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Woo, you're using Death and Taxes . More to the point would you like me to include this in the upcoming release of Death and Taxes 4.0, it looks really good and would add a lot to Asia. Please let me know soon. Thanks.
    -Luke
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Woo, you're using Death and Taxes . More to the point would you like me to include this in the upcoming release of Death and Taxes 4.0, it looks really good and would add a lot to Asia. Please let me know soon. Thanks.
    -Luke
    Sure, got no problems with that.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Krankovich View Post
    Sure, got no problems with that.
    Great Have you done history from 1356 all the way through to 1861?
    Last edited by lukew; 26-12-2011 at 21:41.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

[QUOTE=Krankovich;13225544]

The aim of this mod is to make the region better reflect historical reality. This means splitting up the monolithic Brunei and Aceh sultanates into smaller historical Hindu kingdoms, filling up easten Indonesia with territory controlled by the rival kingdoms of Ternate and Tidore, making almost all the countries in the area Hindu right off the bat (but also incorporating events and decisions to allow kingdoms to convert to Islam, as they did historically) and, in pre-1389 games, showing most of the Malay region as vassals of the Majapahit empire.

Also, as a bit of a preview, here's a screenshow from the work I've done so far. Far from complete (haven't even started on Sumatra and Sulawesi yet), but it should give you an idea of what I'm aiming for here.

[QUOTE]

Nice work so far, if you add Sunda (Western part of Java), i could add the monarch list for it. Maybe for other countries too.

Great Have you done history from 1356 all the way through to 1861?
    For the kingdoms I've done so far, yes. At least, as far as times of religious conversion and territorial shifts go. Haven't done much with the monarchs yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudertum View Post
    Nice work so far, if you add Sunda (Western part of Java), i could add the monarch list for it. Maybe for other countries too.
    That'd be awesome, thanks.

Threadbuster, by order of CC HisMajestyBOB's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

This is great!
    It's always nice to see neglected areas get more love.
    Maybe this mod could be included in the OSC mega-mod when finished?
    Why, Thor, god of thunder, is trying to break into my building!

Quote Originally Posted by HisMajestyBOB View Post
    This is great!
    It's always nice to see neglected areas get more love.
    Maybe this mod could be included in the OSC mega-mod when finished?
    Sure, why not.

Speaking of things getting finished, here's a bit of an update.

That cream-coloured country that holds Palembang and a few other places is the remnants of Svirijaya, the last great Malay empire before the emergence of Majapahit. They're going to get events to allow them to "found the City of Malacca" (in game terms, turn Malacca from a low-population fish-producing village into a large spice-trading city with a centre of trade, tax boost and a few other goodies, relocate their capital there and change their country tag to Malacca) if they get into a war with another Malay country and have a warscore of -60% or worse. This is to simulate the last of the Svirijayan princes surrendering the old imperial capital and their other territories like Singapore to the Majapahit before going on to found the city and kingdom of Malacca. In addition, I'm thinking of giving Svirijaya cores on all their old imperial territory and giving them the chance to beat back the Majapahit and re-establish their old empire - sort of like the Southeast Asian equivalent of playing the Byzantines versus the Turks.

The dark grey country with the sideways-German flag on the west coast of Sumatra is the Pagaruyung Kingdom. They start as Buddhist (due to the fact that the kingdom's founder and ruler at the time of game start, Adityawarman, was a Buddhist), but the population is largely pagan. The kingdom and populace convert to Islam (much like most of the other kingdoms in the archipelago) over the course of the timeline. I modified their capital province to produce Gold (because the kingdom was established to control the gold industry and trade, after all). Hopefully this doesn't mess things up too bad.

Once I finish doing up Deli/Aru, I think I'll move on to fixing up the island of Java before moving onto Sulawesi.

Also, question - Sound Toll modifier for controlling the provinces on both sides of the Straits of Malacca (Malacca, Johor and Siak), good idea or no? I'm fairly certain that Tomé Piresr of Portugal once noted, "Whoever is lord of Malacca has his hand on the throat of Venice", so giving a trade boost for holding those provinces would make sense, I think.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Nice! Malaysian here, though I don't know enough about local history in that period to contribute in any concrete way. Looking forward to playing some Malayan nation in D&T.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Oh man. I played a Majapahit game once and did a little research and found out that the game doesn't represent the region at all. This mod makes me happy. Also, there should definitely be some kind of Sound Toll.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by BootOnFace View Post
    Oh man. I played a Majapahit game once and did a little research and found out that the game doesn't represent the region at all. This mod makes me happy. Also, there should definitely be some kind of Sound Toll.
    There's already a sound toll in D&T, you're welcome to copy that.

Update: Java's mostly done. Now for Sulawesi. You can see a bit of historical progression in these two shots - the first one's at game start when Hindu-Buddhist kingdoms like Majapahit and Sunda were prominent, the second one's during the heydey of the Sultanate of Demak, when Islam was really starting to pick up pace in its spread through Java and the rest of Indonesia.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I always wondered if I was the only one that noticed how unhistorically weak Majapahit was in EU3. I think I might try this out once it is out of the beta version.

This is looking better and better by the day, do you know when it will be released so we can start playing it?

This is looking better and better by the day, do you know when it will be released so we can start playing it?
    While I initially said I'd be done with the initial version by the end of this week, I can only say "When it's done" at this point. But if you want a ballpark figure, the best I can give you is sometime next week. If you want a worst-case scenario figure, then January 11.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Hey Krankocivh, may i please have the permission to jack some of your countries and stuff, and add them to MPM? Since my mod is based on adding more provinces and content in general, and i have no idea whatsoever about this region. it would help me greatly if i god something to start with - like correct country layout etc, i can always add as many provinces i need.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Sure, if you want. But I don't think I'd be up for retooling the mod for more provinces - I'd have to include another dozen or so country tags, for starters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast