• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This sounds very fun :
I would really like to play as the king of Navarra, playing a basque country with unique succesion laws can only be fun.

However I don't understand the limit to 6 people, why not as many as there are volunteers ? You should just pass the save to the guy who voluntereed after you. Of course you might never play this game again if people keeps showing up to play it but that's not a problem : I would be glad to just play 10 years or so and then see how the kingdom does without me. This is a great concept and I think you should push it to its extreme limits : you play once and then you're dead, no more game for you (untill the next one obviously).

An "historian of the court" would be much needed to make an AAR out of this by the way.

I would gladly be part of this, as long as it stays strictly singl-player. It would be really fun to watch the dynasty history afterwards to se all the rulers adn who made the biggest difference and soforth. Perhaps we should go for some rule that everyone should play according to their rulers traits? A 'content' ruler won't go to war for other lands etc.

It is indeed supposed to be singleplayer only. One person at a time, until his guy is dead.
I will let everyone play the game according to his personal, RL personality. That's the entire point of letting different people play different characters. I think there's no need to limit yourself to traits. Someone who ends up with a content, shy, chaste dude won't have a lot of fun. I think that RPG'ing while considering the traits, is more something to be done in a real singleplayer campaign...

This sounds very fun :
I would really like to play as the king of Navarra, playing a basque country with unique succesion laws can only be fun.

However I don't understand the limit to 6 people, why not as many as there are volunteers ? You should just pass the save to the guy who voluntereed after you. Of course you might never play this game again if people keeps showing up to play it but that's not a problem : I would be glad to just play 10 years or so and then see how the kingdom does without me. This is a great concept and I think you should push it to its extreme limits : you play once and then you're dead, no more game for you (untill the next one obviously).

An "historian of the court" would be much needed to make an AAR out of this by the way.

I have also thought of just starting the campaign and passing it on without assembling a group at start, but that would lead to a lot of practical problems...
The size of the group could vary, though. But I think we need to know beforehand who is all in line to play.

I would like to be a part of this game. I would prefer to play a Breton, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or an Anglo-Saxon character. But again, that is what I play in singleplayer and I would be ok about trying something new.

Last edited:
I would be interested too! Think about it, someone receives a great kingdom, and 2 generatios (players) later they are down to a county :p
Id play any character really. Though id prefer someone close to arabs so i can do crusades.

Here is the list of players so far:

* Darrigan: Anything, preferably a non-Byzantine character
* Archam: Navarra
* Furga: No preference
* Olvirki: A Breton, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Norwegian, Swedish or an Anglo-Saxon character
* TMA_Cool: Anything. Preferably something close to Muslim-held regions.

We could use two more players, but eventually we could as well launch with this group.

I like the idea of playing Navarra, btw :)

I LOVE the Idea, i would like to participate, but right now i'm not sure if i get the money together for the game until release. Have a shortage of money and not sure if i can buy it at release. But when i get it, i would love to join in :)

Preference: Tuscany/Something german (But i would play everything)

This sounds fantastic! If there is any room left I would love to play in these. I preffer to play anywhere away from the muslims, like denmark, sweden, norway but it doesnt matter that much really.

Alright, this is the group:

Player-pool:

* Darrigan: Anything, preferably a non-Byzantine character
* Archam: Navarra
* Furga: No preference
* Olvirki: A Breton, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Norwegian, Swedish or an Anglo-Saxon character
* TMA_Cool: Anything. Preferably something close to Muslim-held regions.
* Valiant_Hogers: Something reconquista-ish
* xcrissxcrossx: Anything

Back-up players:

* The Miracle
* laremi

Sign-up is hereby closed. If you really want to join, you can still sign up for a back-up position, but since we already have two, I fear chances are slim you'll actually get the chance to play. Alternatively, you are free to start up a pass-on campaign yourself!

What happens next?

I will PM everyone either tonight or tomorrow with a small proposition on some (practical) rules. Please, reply to the message even if you agree to everything and have nothing to add.

Starting character: the King of Navarra, since he is the best consensus on the players' preferences.

Allright good then !

Sign-up is hereby closed. If you really want to join, you can still sign up for a back-up position, but since we already have two, I fear chances are slim you'll actually get the chance to play. Alternatively, you are free to start up a pass-on campaign yourself!

I think we shouldn't be that strict about can or can't join the group. Having a stable base of players seems reasonable but allowing more people in from time to time wouldn't hurt.

No, indeed. That's why I said everyone can still apply to the group of back-up players. But I don't want anyone to be dissappointed because they didn't get the chance to actually play...

Hey I would love to play. I started one of these with my friends in EU3 and it was a lot of fun. btw its called a Succession game. anyway idc where we start. I would rather start next to or near a group of non christians but it doesn't really matter. just five more days!

Id like to start first if that ok with everyone, as on the 15th on the evenning i go away for 2 weeks. Then someone can sub for me. Is that ok?

Will the game work if someone start the game with DLC enabled and someone without it try to start the game? Maybe everyone already pre-ordered the game? ;)

Good question. I'm not really sure, but I think since two players with different players can play together online, they should as well be able to do a succession game..

Good question. I'm not really sure, but I think since two players with different players can play together online, they should as well be able to do a succession game..

At least it should work with the graphical improvements coming with the game. It might be different when gamechanging DLC is released, that might be harder to bring around if everyone doesn't have the same DLC.