• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about choosing a country and people currently? I'd say king of England! Or would it be too easy?

I guess so. Let's start it a few days after the release! Would be awesome...

Where do I sign?

To early to pick a character, and I would give Darrigan the honer of choice.

I agree, but if many people "sign up" and we go with the small group policy many people have suggested the people interested in f.e. specific regions, cultures or rules could group together and chose a lord to play since we would have more than one group.

@olvirki, I agree with you. As it seems there will be several groups, and you could put the england-lovers in one, and the iberian guys in the other. There is no problem with this all.

It's just 40 days waiting, before we can get our hands on the game. I'm (personally) not ready discussing the 'house rules' I like. And if the most want to play larger groups (for example) they can. I was only weighing the pro's and con's of several suggestions. But most off all, let's keep this thread alive for the next 40 days.

I was thinking of perhaps playing something South-Italian. But to be honest, I don't really care in what region/as what character we start. But I'd prefer to not start out as a king/emperor. It would be more fun to start out as a duke or, better yet, a lowly count.

I'd also like to hear from you what you would be interested in :)

Nick B II said:
In theory you couldn't play the Pope in CK1 either.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a simple mod making him playable within a week of CK2's release.

Nick
You've got a point there. Maybe after the first one, we could start as the Pope. But I'm not really sure if a player will be able to do all the cool papal actions. The pope would also constantly be spammed by messages from AI characters to excommunicate certain persons.

But this has got me thinking. Maybe we could eventually play Venice, a republic, and hold elections on the forum? :)

@olvirki, I agree with you. As it seems there will be several groups, and you could put the england-lovers in one, and the iberian guys in the other. There is no problem with this all.

It's just 40 days waiting, before we can get our hands on the game. I'm (personally) not ready discussing the 'house rules' I like. And if the most want to play larger groups (for example) they can. I was only weighing the pro's and con's of several suggestions. But most off all, let's keep this thread alive for the next 40 days.

Indeed. There can be several groups. It's not cause I started this thread that all of you have to kiss my ring and ask for my permission to start a pass-on game youself :D
(Though, it would be nice.)

Personally I probably end up with playing the Duke of Holland, but i don't like to share that one.

I would love to try the 'de Vermandois' family, a single province minor, but with a great ancestor.
South Italy sounds fine, or maybe the Provence, create the kingdom of Burgundy and go Crusading.
But for me the fun would be to start something I never think about.

I was thinking of perhaps playing something South-Italian.

That is fine with me. I have never played in Italy before, so this might be interesting.

I'd also like to hear from you what you would be interested in :)

Personally I am most interested Britain, the Celts especially but also the Norse and the Anglo-Saxons. And note that I also like the Britons in France, they are after all Celts as well. The reason for why love the Celts so much is probably that there are two Celtic kingdoms to form and I love to form kingdoms (which makes Italy a interesting place as well), I love playing any underdogs of history for ahistoric reasons, plus I don't like doing worse as the country I am playing as it did in history and because of my Celtic ancestors (Icelanders are mostly a mix of Irish and Norwegians).

This where I play in single player though and I am would like to try something new. Italy sounds good to me.

It would be more fun to start out as a duke or, better yet, a lowly count.

I agree, it is fun to build up an empire from something small.

It's not cause I started this thread that all of you have to kiss my ring and ask for my permission to start a pass-on game youself
(Though, it would be nice.)
lol

I would be into playing this, there was also an euIII bavarian aar like this that i enjoyed reading.

If there is a random dynasty button in the final version hopefuly we could use that to pick our dynasty.

nono, won't be fun. Some duke in South Italy sounds just fine...

Yeah im sure all the non southern italian dukes and counts will be an utter bore

The problem I personally have with picking a random dynasty is every time I pick a random dynasty I end up as an boring dynasty. I find it more fun to go around and find some interesting character/dynasty to play.

Btw, I randomized in CK1 by closing my eyes, scrolling up and down and then pick one at random.

Well.. since the game is on the edge of being released, I thought I'd dig up this thread. Someone else made a new pass-on campaign thread as wel, ut unfortunatly it's already full.

I'm looking for 6 people who are willing to join in. I'd also like their prefered character to start with.
I'm personally not so fond of Byzantium...