+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Idea for the community: Passing on savegames

We probably won't be able to play the Pope, but I'm glad there's a lot of interest from the community
    I lay awake, and strap myself to the bed.
    Put a bulletproof vest on, and shoot myself in the head.

What about interrealm alliances?

Check out the Lotharingia and Lowland mod for CK2!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Darrigan View Post
    We probably won't be able to play the Pope, but I'm glad there's a lot of interest from the community
    In theory you couldn't play the Pope in CK1 either.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a simple mod making him playable within a week of CK2's release.

Nick

How about choosing a country and people currently? I'd say king of England! Or would it be too easy?
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Social-liberal
    Issues: Secularism, anti-militarism, Interventionism, full citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: N/A
    Revolt Risk: 50%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 10

To early to pick a character, and I would give Darrigan the honer of choice.
    Never underestimate the power of Google

I guess so. Let's start it a few days after the release! Would be awesome...
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Crusader Kings IIRome GoldRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Where do I sign?
    « La terre entière, continuellement imbibée de sang, n'est qu'un autel immense où tout ce qui vit doit être immolé sans fin, sans mesure, sans relâche, jusqu'à la consommation des choses, jusqu'à l'extinction du mal, jusqu'à la mort de la mort. »

Joseph de Maistre

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Willem IV View Post
    To early to pick a character, and I would give Darrigan the honer of choice.
    I agree, but if many people "sign up" and we go with the small group policy many people have suggested the people interested in f.e. specific regions, cultures or rules could group together and chose a lord to play since we would have more than one group.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

@olvirki, I agree with you. As it seems there will be several groups, and you could put the england-lovers in one, and the iberian guys in the other. There is no problem with this all.

It's just 40 days waiting, before we can get our hands on the game. I'm (personally) not ready discussing the 'house rules' I like. And if the most want to play larger groups (for example) they can. I was only weighing the pro's and con's of several suggestions. But most off all, let's keep this thread alive for the next 40 days.

I was thinking of perhaps playing something South-Italian. But to be honest, I don't really care in what region/as what character we start. But I'd prefer to not start out as a king/emperor. It would be more fun to start out as a duke or, better yet, a lowly count.

I'd also like to hear from you what you would be interested in

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B II
    In theory you couldn't play the Pope in CK1 either.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a simple mod making him playable within a week of CK2's release.

Nick
    You've got a point there. Maybe after the first one, we could start as the Pope. But I'm not really sure if a player will be able to do all the cool papal actions. The pope would also constantly be spammed by messages from AI characters to excommunicate certain persons.

But this has got me thinking. Maybe we could eventually play Venice, a republic, and hold elections on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Willem IV View Post
    @olvirki, I agree with you. As it seems there will be several groups, and you could put the england-lovers in one, and the iberian guys in the other. There is no problem with this all.

It's just 40 days waiting, before we can get our hands on the game. I'm (personally) not ready discussing the 'house rules' I like. And if the most want to play larger groups (for example) they can. I was only weighing the pro's and con's of several suggestions. But most off all, let's keep this thread alive for the next 40 days.
    Indeed. There can be several groups. It's not cause I started this thread that all of you have to kiss my ring and ask for my permission to start a pass-on game youself
    (Though, it would be nice.)

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I like the sound of this.

Personally I probably end up with playing the Duke of Holland, but i don't like to share that one.

I would love to try the 'de Vermandois' family, a single province minor, but with a great ancestor.
    South Italy sounds fine, or maybe the Provence, create the kingdom of Burgundy and go Crusading.
    But for me the fun would be to start something I never think about.

I was thinking of perhaps playing something South-Italian.
    That is fine with me. I have never played in Italy before, so this might be interesting.

I'd also like to hear from you what you would be interested in
    Personally I am most interested Britain, the Celts especially but also the Norse and the Anglo-Saxons. And note that I also like the Britons in France, they are after all Celts as well. The reason for why love the Celts so much is probably that there are two Celtic kingdoms to form and I love to form kingdoms (which makes Italy a interesting place as well), I love playing any underdogs of history for ahistoric reasons, plus I don't like doing worse as the country I am playing as it did in history and because of my Celtic ancestors (Icelanders are mostly a mix of Irish and Norwegians).

This where I play in single player though and I am would like to try something new. Italy sounds good to me.

It would be more fun to start out as a duke or, better yet, a lowly count.
    I agree, it is fun to build up an empire from something small.

It's not cause I started this thread that all of you have to kiss my ring and ask for my permission to start a pass-on game youself
    (Though, it would be nice.)
    lol
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

Wheatly from portal 2

Here is a succession AAR that has been around for a while.

EDIT
    Link removed.

Direct linking to another forum/website is not allowed, see the forum-rules

Ohh, anyway, it was about the dependence of Charlemagne.
    Last edited by olvirki; 31-12-2011 at 15:42.

Wheatly from portal 2

Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult

I was thinking of perhaps playing something South-Italian.
    I'm with you on this !

I would be into playing this, there was also an euIII bavarian aar like this that i enjoyed reading.

If there is a random dynasty button in the final version hopefuly we could use that to pick our dynasty.

nono, won't be fun. Some duke in South Italy sounds just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Clendor View Post
    nono, won't be fun. Some duke in South Italy sounds just fine...
    Yeah im sure all the non southern italian dukes and counts will be an utter bore

Quote Originally Posted by Dogia View Post
    Yeah im sure all the non southern italian dukes and counts will be an utter bore
    The problem I personally have with picking a random dynasty is every time I pick a random dynasty I end up as an boring dynasty. I find it more fun to go around and find some interesting character/dynasty to play.

Btw, I randomized in CK1 by closing my eyes, scrolling up and down and then pick one at random.

Wheatly from portal 2

Well.. since the game is on the edge of being released, I thought I'd dig up this thread. Someone else made a new pass-on campaign thread as wel, ut unfortunatly it's already full.

I'm looking for 6 people who are willing to join in. I'd also like their prefered character to start with.
    I'm personally not so fond of Byzantium...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast