+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas momod

So I started my usual Brandenburg game and about 30 years into the game (after succesfully fabricating a core on Pommern) I figured it was time to annex them. I was allied with Poland, and I thought they would keep Bohemia in check. Unluckily for me, Poland had Pommerania in their sphere so I was in a war against Saxony, Bohemia, Poland and Pommerania with only Anhalt helping me.
    Since the AI is rather stupid and likes to park their doomstacks on my territory until dissolving into groups of like 2312/1732 from the orginal 9000/23000 they were mostly easy pickings, even if they never had any problem with just sending new doomstacks which they seemingly create out of thin air while late into the war (about 8 years in) I was essentially walking on my teeth in terms of manpower.
    I managed to convince Poland (who had already annexed Mazovia and inherted Lithuania) to settle for an offering of 50 ducats, but about a year later I had a backstab event. Which is probably new with the latest version. Now, I generally don't mind the idea, but it does seem rather frequent. Because right after annexing Pommerania I pretty much immediately settled for white peace with Bohemia...except that maybe half a year later they rejoined the war in yet another backstab event.

Does that even have any negative repercussions for them? They certainly didn't take any stability hits from breaking the truce.
    Anyway, for now it's forming another core and recovering from the 13 war exhaustion. Hoping I'll get a veteran's home.

Gee those bike trips are a real forum detox!

But hey, i'm glad to fall again.

Quote Originally Posted by Clophiroth View Post
    Isn´t each country in MM supposed to have 100% research efficiency, modified by her country´s modifiers?
    Yep, research efficiency eventually reaches 100% by tech group switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jak9090 View Post
    frankfuck we believe in you despite your funny name...magni mundi in your hands now..
    I sincerely hope it isn't! But thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneTaco View Post
    Totally... just wish this could be ported to DW to take advantage of building system and changes in the latest betas :-/
    I'll probably work more seriously on this when there's less sun and skirts out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeekim View Post
    I am playing Ottomans with CMM 1.24... few observations.
    1) I am 2 pegs towards Mercantilism and have taken "Protecting Domestic Merchants" national decision. Nigh on impossible to keep even few merchants in my own CoTs - finally I caved and joined Lübeck's trade league, which has enabled me to establish monopolies. Does not seem to make sense...
    2) Rebels constantly eat through my fortresses as if they were made of bread. I am not complaining - it makes for a somewhat challenging game. But did you really give them some secret boost or am I imagining things. If you did, that's awesome.
    3) "Shadow Caliphate" decision (chain?) seems like fun... but am I ever going to get a chance to actually try it out? I really dislike decisions tied to ruler stats - i.e. mercy of RNG. Could you be persuaded to tweak the prereqs? Be a great power/have a 6-star diplomat/have a massive army/have maximum prestige are some ideas which seem both reasonable and can be actively worked towards.
    1) I've never liked the way countries in a league shared their leader's trade skills; i'll try to cook something.
    2) Can't recall of any bonus given to the rebs!
    3) A lot of events and decisions have been tweaked to ask for less particular requirements, but in this case, the chain has to be triggered by diplomacy stats (yours and MAM's).

Quote Originally Posted by Discordia View Post
    That being said, it's time to get the latest version, playtest it, and moan about it
    Oh yeaaah

Btw, have the jewish decisions/events been fixed? In earlier versions of your mod I would never ever get jewish refugees, and as far as I could tell, the AI would never send any away either.
    Could anybody report the lost Jews? Has anyone had Jews coming in, coming out, anything? I guess i'll have to check dharper's fix again..

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    Yup, definetly if there is more people interested in porting this mod to DW, we have to organice somehow...
    Start a new thread maybe? Where volunteers would sign up and post their work. Unfortunately i won't be able to work on this for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimurrud View Post
    hi Frank, awesome initiative!
    Hi, thanks!

Anyway, maybe permanent inflation is less terrible than it seems to me, and someone with more insight in merchant nation mechanics can give his thoughts on the issue and correct me if wrong.
    Indeed, you shouldn't be too scared of inflation, and could even be glad you get some as it acts a bit like a dynamic difficulty modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkclown85 View Post
    Wow this looks like an awesome mod! I seriously consider uninstalling DW just to try this out!
    Hop in!

Since the AI is rather stupid and likes to park their doomstacks on my territory until dissolving into groups of like 2312/1732 from the orginal 9000/23000 they were mostly easy pickings
    ..that's why supply limit has been greatly increased, but as it doesn't seem to be enough, i'll have to lower the AI's land attrition.

about a year later I had a backstab event [..] which is probably new with the latest version
    You're a good beta tester!

Now, I generally don't mind the idea, but it does seem rather frequent
    Right; triggers will be tweaked.

Christmas momod for MMU
    "an evil MM on steroids" -Deus ret.
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM
    "playing - so far so good" -marwis

Quote Originally Posted by franckfuck View Post
    Right; triggers will be tweaked.
    How about no breaking truces and only countries adjacent to you?
    Since the AI seems to have no clearly defined wargoal, they usually settle for white peace pretty quickly. In the case of Muscovy (still playing Brandenburg) without any single battle fought or province blockaded.
    Though I guess the main trigger would be to incite your rivals and keep the human in check. Maybe give the AI some sort of CB, like intervention.
    The event would be found in housekeeping I guess. Due to the format I have trouble reading it in the texteditor, there wouldn't be a better program where it doesn't look so...well, messy maybe?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Franck... I remember than, in MM, you haven´t any decision to change techgroup/modernize. The events only remove the modifiers... Then, you will be stuck in a worst techgroup ever :S

Franck... I remember than, in MM, you haven´t any decision to change techgroup/modernize. The events only remove the modifiers... Then, you will be stuck in a worst techgroup ever :S
    Wjy would it matter? All techgroups are at 100% efficiency.

How about no breaking truces and only countries adjacent to you?
    I can't remember why but i didn't want to involve truces in the thing; it has obviously to be thought again.
    A CB was planned, but didn't work as expected, so i scrapped it.
    Try Notepad++ to open the files, and yes the events are located in housekeeping. The whole mechanism is meant to be refined so don't hesitate to post suggestions.

I'm sure it does evolve somehow, i've checked numerous countries in middle and late games, most have changed to a 100% tech group. If you're able to get rid of the modifiers but still are stuck with a <100% tech group, then there's a problem. Otherwise it's all good! Fatalism, man, fatalism.

Wjy would it matter? All techgroups are at 100% efficiency.
    Well.. some groups have less efficiency, but it's okay.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Could anybody report the lost Jews? Has anyone had Jews coming in, coming out, anything? I guess i'll have to check dharper's fix again..
    Actually the events and decisions i've been tracing all day are in SRI files. The AI expels Jews, but nobody seems inclined to welcome them.. Not very surprising, one might say. But what's bothering me is that i hadn't touched the files, so it should work the same way as in vanilla MMU. Well, i'm touching them now.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Well, breaking truces in my cases means that I'm in a three way war against Poland, Bohemia and Austria (each with their respective entourage), and then, maybe a year into a white peace or concession of defeat or whatever, they would just declare war on me again...
    And checking the game files, appearantly there are indeed some less than awesome tech groups, I just figured with Cusco (andean) having 100% everyone would.

As for the jews, I generally decide to accept them (when I'm at 3 stability and I get one of those rare events where all options give boni to stability...or don't add to tradition), I just never get any events to actually settle them in my lands.

Hurray! Jewish refugees have been found! They weren't very far, but sometimes the obvious is the hardest to see..

There: hotfix.7z

Unzip, copy and paste in the 'mod' folder, as usual.
    Last edited by franckfuck; 05-07-2012 at 15:55.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Quote Originally Posted by Yeekim View Post
    I am 2 pegs towards Mercantilism and have taken "Protecting Domestic Merchants" national decision. Nigh on impossible to keep even few merchants in my own CoTs - finally I caved and joined Lübeck's trade league, which has enabled me to establish monopolies. Does not seem to make sense...
    Hmm apart removing the whole trade league mechanics nothing much can be done against compete skill sharing. However since v.1.223 merchant republics will tend to disappear if they're not successful enough.
    I know it might be a bit outdated now but could you provide some more details of your situation at that moment? The nature of the competition you had to face, but also your monarch stats, trade efficiency, stability, badboy, modifiers, etc.. Or if you have one, send me a save; you know the way!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Is the concert of europe addon in this mod? I dont see it in the list of decisions. You know, the mod that had alliances develop over time that are long lasting...at least I think it was called concert of europe. It was in original magna mundi mod if i remember

Usually some 50 years into the game a national decision called "show european great powers" or something along those lines should appear. Mind you, you can never actually enact that decision, but hovering your mouse over the effects should tell you who's in league with whom.
    Not sure if that's what you mean however, I'd assume it serves a similar function though.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Hurray! Jewish refugees have been found! They weren't very far, but sometimes the obvious is the hardest to see..

There: hotfix.7z

Unzip, copy and paste in the 'mod' folder, as usual.
    Is this fix also for 1.224 or only for 1.3b? In other words, do Jew decisions and events work fine on 1.224?
    You must unlearn what you have learned

Hey frankfuck,

I´m currently playing a Succesion game with my brother (upon death of the ruler we switch) as Brandenburg (the usual -> Prussia -> Germany game) and I would like to give you some feedback:

Attrition:
    Attrition is really important in this mod, at the beginning of the game a bit too important for my taste. It is next to impossible to siege several provinces without completely draining your manpower.
    While this effectively shuts down early expansion by the player it turns into a huge problem for the AI when facing revolts. Poland for example completely collapsed after inheriting Lithuania because of two (!) rebel stacks.

Backstab event:
    Frankly spoken, you should completely rework this event
    First of all it makes offensive warfare for small nations next to impossible. In this Brandeburg game, I dowed Pommerania with the Reconmquest casus belli from forging a claim on Vorpommern. I was only a month into the war when Bohemia bachstabbed me. Well... Bohemia and me had 100 relations and a Royal marriage. Why shoud they ever dow me? For al small nation with no reserves this kind of "random" wars can turn out very dangerous.
    Second, the bacjstabbing makes no sense: I was at war with Poland and allied to Teutonic Order. We fought together and occupied three provinces. Then Teutonic Order peaced out and I kept fighting for a few months. Teutonic Order backstabbed me almost immediately. WTF? We were ALLIED, had 200 relations and just fought together against our common ennemy! Besides... Teutonic Order had about 3k troops left
    The list of pointless DoWs in this game is already very long... Austria, France, Bavaria, Sweden pretty much anyone already DoWed me randomly. NONE of them ever got something out of these wars except of a few ducats. However for me as the player it becomes an increasing problem because these wars completely ruin all my relations with my neighbours. Additionally it just doesn´t allow me to build up a long-term alliance.
    What I suggest is that you:
    - Make this event much less frequent (being backstabbed in every single war after about 3 months is ridiculous).
    - Make this event only available for nations that have bad relations with you, are not allied to you and have no truce with you.
    - Make this event only available for AI countries that actually have the money, manpower and stability to succesfully go to war with you.

AI spawning ridiculous amounts of troops:
    No idea, whether you can influence this at all. During wras AI tends to mass recruit troops out of nowwhere. No idea whether these are mercs or regular troops but it is extremly annoying when a two-province Saxony fields like 25k troops over the course of one single war despite me repetitively destroying their armies.

Turkish expansion:
    OE gets this -10 RR from Turkish_manifest_destiny. It´s ok to buff them up but this is simply to much. Even in newly conquered territory their RR is usually smaller than 3%. This allows OE to expand far too quickly. In this game they conquered largs parts of Hungary up till Steiermark which then triggered an Imperial Crusade that completely buttfucked them. If they had expanded a bit slower and more stable none of this would have happened.

Jewish refugees:
    Jewish refugees are working perfectly fine with your hotfix!

I will post more feedback once the game is finished

On a sidenote: I would like to have a look at some of your event files. Are they just randomly added to existing files or is there some kind of system behind it?

I'd assume it serves a similar function though
    I'd assume it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Descri View Post
    Is this fix also for 1.224 or only for 1.3b?
    The fix works with both. When i have time i'll add an event notifying the player that refugees are seeking a home, and when they're not make the decision to welcome them unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Coincollecter View Post
    I´m currently playing a Succesion game
    I'd love to make one! Since i began modding i never got the time to do any real game.. Hey if you wanna launch one here it'd be great. With AARs of course!

Attrition
    Backstab event
    Turkish expansion
    All of these have been addressed lately. I'm glad 1.3 was released as 'beta'!

AI spawning ridiculous amounts of troops
    Isn't this tied to HRE mechanics?

Jewish refugees
    YeaaaAAAAH!!

I would like to have a look at some of your event files. Are they just randomly added to existing files or is there some kind of system behind it?
    Most of added events are located in Housekeeping.txt, but there are a lot of reworked events elsewhere. All the files you can see in the mod have been tweaked.

Sorry for the laconic answers but i'm trying to spend as little time as possible on the forums. I'm running out of it and i'd like to release a good v.1.31 before i leave for another road trip!
    Last edited by franckfuck; 07-07-2012 at 22:33. Reason: typo

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Okay here's a file without the backstab event, for those who wish to use the otherwise healthy 1.3b. It also includes a small fix for the auction event, in case the seller wasn't the owner anymore.

Housekeeping.txt

Put the file in the eu3\mod\MagnaMundi Ultimate\events folder.

Coincollecter, i realise i didn't thank you for your report, so thank you for your report!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

GRRR!

Playing as Muscowy right now. Was semi-succesful in a war against Poland-Lithuania where I regained all my cores from them aside from Chernigov. I would have gone all the way except that dastardly event "Enemies Backstab Us" fired for Novgorod. Still, no biggie. After fighting wars on two fronts for about a year, I managed to get out the war against Poland-Lithuania for 75 ducats with -10% warscore due to the huge failures of the battles between them and TO. Anyhow, I kept working against Novgorod and damaging them greatly, until I conquered Luki. I was on 20% warscore or so, had one of their provinces, was sieging their capital, had destroyed their armies and thought that a peace was in order. Much to my surprise, they would not even accept a white peace. Skip forward a year or two and I get that event-that-shall-not-be-named which brings me into conflict with Kazan and a few other nations east of me, at this point I have 30% warscore with Novgorod and they will still not accept a white peace. I could offer them 25 gold to get out... but I feel I need something from this war, except Ai is too foolish to see that they can gain nothing, and the greatest end to the war for them is for me to gain nothing either.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

lololololol

Finished war with Novgorod on white peace. More or less a stalemate situation with Kazan and Nogai. But... wait for it... wait for it... lol. Crimea Backstabbed me!
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Cmm v.1.31 released! Due to a lack of time the 'backstab' event has been removed for further fixing; there's a whole new balance for CoT attractivity and AI bonuses, among other things. You can still download previous versions in google docs by going in file/show revisions, should anything go wrong.

Contents:

>removed 'backstab' event
    >fixed and tweaked Jewish refugees mechanism
    >fixed province sale mechanism in case of ownership exchange
    >updated and tweaked power status mechanism
    >tweaked AI manufactory building
    >tweaked some modifiers

See you all in a week!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Thanks. I'll get right on it.

On a different note, I figured out a way how to convert to protestantism with little to no pain. I used to always go for take control in the "church of countryname" event but recently I figured a better way. Demanding concessions, still gives you one move towards centralization, but lets you pick any moment you wish to actually embrace protestantism. In doing so what you'll wanna do is save up 400 (plus whatever you'll need to get through the year, optimally 600), then invest into stability until you're at 2, plus 95% into stability level 3. Once you change to protestantism, you lose 4 stability, i.e. you'd be at -2, just enough to enact the drastic measures decision. By next month you should automatically gain a level and get the drastic measures modifier. At which point you should spend that saved up money, if you have some stability cost reducing ideas you might get it up to level 2.
    I'd imagine most players here know that already though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast