+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas momod

I have to ask, what is the "normal" inflation rate for the player at the start of the game? I am having a really hard time sorting my economy out, playing as Portugal is terrible for me as well. I had a force limit of 11 after all the modifiers. And I had to constantly mint money, and paying 50 ducats for a cavalry regiment is overkill. There are also some other factors that I find make the game unnecessarily more difficult. Keep in my mind that I'm not the most experienced player of the original mod aswell. My best game was as Brunswick, and that hardly amounted to much.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Weird bug. Playing as Manchu, I noticed that Genoa had taken the traditionally Portuguese exploration, and received Malacca by event. I figured it was in my Advantage to try to join the trade league and noticed that there seemed to be two separate Malacca's for trading purposes. One for Genoa, consisting of just Malacca proper. The other appearing to consist of everything else that should be in the CoT, however, there is actually no other CoT. Very Strange.

Good, but tough mod, btw.

EDIT: Is it possible for the event that checks what provinces you've lost in a war to recognize that rebels have it and not your enemy, or is that WAD?
    Last edited by Jaidal; 24-04-2012 at 04:42.

In my Burgundy game, I, as an Emperor, decided not to tolerate heresy in HRE.
    Sure enough, Protestant Hesse formed "The League of Marburg" to fight me. They declare that "Toleration is their goal".

They declare war on me, pretty much noone else joins them, and they get crushed.
    Now, no matter whether I force-convert or annex them, I get message about "League of Marburg defeated!", the "Restoration of Peace" event - and the HRE screen tells me that "Emprie now tolerates all Christian Confessions".

How come?

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCereal View Post
    I have to ask, what is the "normal" inflation rate for the player at the start of the game?
    Really, inflation shouldn't be your major concern, as the AIs now get some too, and unless you rely on very competitive merchant costs, you won't be crippled by it. Good deflationary tools come later in the game, so don't sacrifice your ambitions for a few points of inflation!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaidal View Post
    Weird bug. [..] there seemed to be two separate Malacca's for trading purposes. One for Genoa, consisting of just Malacca proper. The other appearing to consist of everything else that should be in the CoT, however, there is actually no other CoT. Very Strange.
    Looks strange indeed, could you post pictures of the situation?

Good, but tough mod, btw.
    Thanks!

Is it possible for the event that checks what provinces you've lost in a war to recognize that rebels have it and not your enemy, or is that WAD?
    It's possible but also working as intended: rebels don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeekim View Post
    In my Burgundy game, I, as an Emperor, decided not to tolerate heresy in HRE.
    Sure enough, Protestant Hesse formed "The League of Marburg" to fight me. They declare that "Toleration is their goal".

They declare war on me, pretty much noone else joins them, and they get crushed.
    Now, no matter whether I force-convert or annex them, I get message about "League of Marburg defeated!", the "Restoration of Peace" event - and the HRE screen tells me that "Emprie now tolerates all Christian Confessions".

How come?
    Ech.. You should ask Helius about that, my knowledge in this field is very limited.

Christmas momod for MMU
    "an evil MM on steroids" -Deus ret.
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM
    "playing - so far so good" -marwis

You asked for complaints, I'll give you complaints.

What is wrong in this pic?

My war exhaustion is increasing in peace time, and there is nothing I can do about it. The malus to stability investment makes it hard to regain stability with a limited economy, and the war exhaustion makes it impossible to expand my economy. War exhaustions selfamplifying nature may be a wee bit to strong. Agreed, recovering from a grisly war takes time, but that recovery should be so slow that it actually moves backwards?

One could argue, that it is my own fault for bringing the country in a -3 stab situation with a three star adm. ruler and an unhealthy insistence, that my bite must be worse than my bark despite fielding less than ten thousand men, but still...

The constituional republic is perchance a bit owerpowered. The +20% prod. eff., the better rulers, and the high adm eff. used to come at the cost of an unruly parliament and stab. troubles from Night of the long knives. Parliament is still a pain in the neck, but with the +1 stab every time a ruler is confirmed in office and the increased mtth for night of long knives, stab. has become a non-issue.

Now that LEF has become a republics only idea, full citizenship for jews has become impossible for monarchies, and even expanding their rights is harder, because it now only can be done through humanist tolerance, which is only seldomly worth the idea slot. A nitpick I know, but I like my jewsies.

Ohhh, and I still think that +0,25 infamy for the east Indian trade goods monopolies is a bit harsh. One should at least have an option to toggle the modifier off, or remove it through high market economy slider.

Minor issues, but you asked
    Last edited by Willum; 03-05-2012 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Willum View Post
    You asked for complaints, I'll give you complaints.
    Bring it on!!

What is wrong in this pic?
    I love this pic! I guess it's your "own fault for bringing the country in a -3 stab situation with a three star adm. ruler and an unhealthy insistence".

But..

War exhaustions selfamplifying nature may be a wee bit to strong
    Yeah it was easier until i gave up to the angry mob in v.1.21. Before that, and with appropriate measures WE couldn't rise in peace time unless under the most extreme circumstances. But as a human player you can anticipate this kind of situations, and should really avoid war when the country is not ready for it. This brings back pragmatism in the diplomatic game.

The constituional republic is perchance a bit owerpowered
    It seems so, i'll check government types and rebalance them.

Now that LEF has become a republics only idea, full citizenship for jews has become impossible for monarchies
    Full recognition of the Jews' citizenship began with the French Revolution of 1789 and spread very slowly to Europe during the 19th century, so i'm quite okay with that. I'll think of a possibility for constitutional monarchies or even other progressive types of government to allow the emancipation of Jews.

even expanding their rights is harder, because it now only can be done through humanist tolerance, which is only seldomly worth the idea slot. A nitpick I know, but I like my jewsies.
    The Humanist Tolerance idea divides wrong culture penalties by 2 as a Monarchy and nullifies them as a Republic, so it is more powerful than it seems. If you love your Jewsies, give 'em love!

Ohhh, and I still think that +0,25 infamy for the east Indian trade goods monopolies is a bit harsh. One should at least have an option to toggle the modifier off, or remove it through high market economy slider.
    I'll check this.

Minor issues, but you asked
    Man, it's perfectly fine! We're both here to improve the game, and as long as we behave in a civilised manner there should never be any taboos. And sorry to answer a bit late, i'm on the road again!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

A couple of years after that pic was taken, I got hit by a civil war, in which the pretenders occupied 3 out of 3 cores from the start, so I was forced to surrender instantly, which put my stab at +1 and my war exhaustion at zero. Even though I was a bit bitter because I lost my Sforza dynasty, my new 7-9-9 ruler soothed the pain. Loosing civil wars is surprisingly painless, in many situation actually humongously beneficial, WAD? It feels odd to be rewarded for my incessant warmongering with a genius ruler, and a cure for all my troubles.

The constitutional governments has the downside, that parliament often breaks alliances with rivals, which can make it hard to form a masive powerblock. This also applies to the AI, so during the late one rarely see a masive alliance between say Austria-Poland-France-Spain. (Which admittedly is the strongest I have seen)

Recently I saw a constitutional republic KOJ with the ecumenism idea, which made me suspect that traditionalist states are quite rare among the AI. This is understandable, as I have personally found it very hard to keep up in the tech race as traditionalist, unless I had a very large income, for example as Venice. May I suggest that the neighbour bonus is raised? Getting 25000 for a gvt. tech lvl. as a 5 province KOJ was borderline impossible.

And WOW, HT just became one of my favorite ideas.
    Last edited by Willum; 07-05-2012 at 15:23.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

As to what Willum said about the war exhaustion:

When you play as a japanese minor, you always have pirates blockading you for years until you or other minors take them out, so usually you have a full blockade right?

Well, this means that you can get horrendously high war exhaustion really easily. I was too the point, even with alot of small war exhaustion reducers and a -2 war exhaustion advisor i was gaining war exhaustion at peacetime! I don't think the increasing war exhaustion is bad if your country is in really dire straits stability wise along with a terrible ruler, but I was at FULL stability and gaining war exhaustion! Granted I had had a few wars and some shogun slap-down events but my country was doing fine otherwise, and my war exhaustion was extremely difficult to start bringing down.

This destroyed any ideas I had about expanding for decades as I fought to slow my rampant war exhaustion growth, even at +3 stability!

In my England -> GB game I have for a few times encountered an annoying bug (?) whereby my capitol falling under siege, e.g. by rebels, dramatically reduces my base naval forcelimit - and this persists after siege has been lifted.

In one instance, I instantly went from making ~400 ducats a year to losing ~2000 ducats a year due to navy upkeep rushing through the roof.

Oh, and a question - how can one switch from monarchy to repulic? I assume some way still exists...

The capital being cut off from the provinces affects everything, including prices on goods, casus belli requiring either neighbourship (colonialism) or a certain amount of ports (imperialism), and of course naval force limits. I found that defeating the besieging stack and waiting a month or two returned things to normal. I actually like the mechanism, as defending the capital now becomes even more important, and it simulates if not accurately, and for the wrong reasons, the loss of income and control, that would ensue, when the government was cut of from the country. If this persists more than a couple of months, which I've never seen it do, then it seems there is indeed a bug.

The best way to switch from monarchy to republic is through the administrative monarchy, which can become an administrative republic at the cost of 4 stab.

The best way to switch from monarchy to republic is through the administrative monarchy, which can become an administrative republic at the cost of 4 stab.
    Indeed, that is how it used to be, yet ever since I reverted to momod the option isn't there. I have gov tech 23 and I'm running administrative monarchy, but I can only switch to despotic monarchy.
    Never saw the option to form a republic in my Poland game either...

You are right... Weird, could have sworn I made that transfer earlier. Well, the only thing I can think of then is from bureaucratic despotism to dictatorial republic to administrative republic.

Loosing civil wars is surprisingly painless, in many situation actually humongously beneficial, WAD?
    Not Cmmish; i'll look into it as it shouldn't be that way.

May I suggest that the neighbour bonus is raised?
    I've tried *many* values, and it seems 25 works fine. Okay it might be my multiple of 5 fetichism speaking, so feel free to run some tests. Just change the value in MagnaMundi Ultimate\common\defines.txt, under '_CDEF_NEIGHBOURBONUS_CAP_'. And don't forget to report your results!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknight15 View Post
    This destroyed any ideas I had about expanding for decades as I fought to slow my rampant war exhaustion growth, even at +3 stability!
    Japan during the Sengoku jidai was a shitty place to raise a family.. How much WE did you have? I'll check the blocus vs self-sufficiency mechanisms again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeekim View Post
    Oh, and a question - how can one switch from monarchy to repulic? I assume some way still exists...
    the only thing I can think of then is from bureaucratic despotism to dictatorial republic to administrative republic.
    Yep, and bureaucratic despotism is accessible via enlightened despotism, itself needing despotic or absolute monarchy.

By the way, we just dumped our 3-3-4 leader, hurray!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Quote Originally Posted by franckfuck View Post
    Yep, and bureaucratic despotism is accessible via enlightened despotism, itself needing despotic or absolute monarchy.
    By the way, we just dumped our 3-3-4 leader, hurray!
    ... and bureaucratic despotism requires gov tech 55, iirc - so the game will essentially be over by the time one can actually make the transition?
    Could I persuade you to make an earlier transition possible? Maybe with high aristocracy and low stability, a revolution could occur to create a Noble Republic?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

From a gameplay perspective it is annoying not being able to switch to republic.

However it seems quite accurate, it is usually some kind of revolution that installs republics.

If you have max plutocracy and free subjects, or something, then there probably should be some more coup/revolution events. Monarchies need some kind of power base after all.

Willum, did the stab change and war exhaustion flush happened on surrender via the rebel tab, or by event? I can't find any trace of it, so it might be hardcoded.. Anyone knows about this?

Anyway, here's some more fixin':

Cmm v.1.222 released!

Contents:

>added some missing localisation
    >added decisions to evolve from an absolute monarchy to an enlightened despotism, and from an enlightened despotism to a constitutional republic
    >tweaked government tree (see additional notes)
    >tweaked some modifiers (blockades vs self-sufficiency, exotic trade goods monopolies)
    >tweaked some AI decisions concerning buildings
    >tweaked late nationalism modalities

I've reshaped the whole government tree, and rebalanced each government type's attributes. But as long as it will be that easy to adopt a new form of governance, some paths won't be opened to the player. Instead, a system of decisions should be put in place to allow more flexibility and realism.

Additional notes:

Administrative republic and bureaucratic despotism gain 5 points of administrative efficiency.
    Enlightened despotism is only accessible via an absolute monarchy under particular circumstances, and is the only conventional way for a monarchy to evolve into a republic.
    Noble republic and republican dictatorship are the only conventional ways to evolve into a monarchy.
    Constitutional governments are now dead ends.
    Tooltip localisation is now incorrect, and will take a while to fix.

Hope you like it boys!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Quote Originally Posted by franckfuck View Post
    Willum, did the stab change and war exhaustion flush happened on surrender via the rebel tab, or by event? I can't find any trace of it, so it might be hardcoded.. Anyone knows about this?

Hope you like it boys!
    I did not surrender by decision. I got hit by the regency war event, sided with the heir to the throne, which resulted in three pretender armies and instant take over of three provinces. I instantly lost the war, resulting in a collapse. I think they are hardcoded, but one could eventually put in an event along the lines of "The torments of an usurpator", giving neighbours a "Restoration" CB, reducing trust, and giving war exhaustion. I think the stab raise still should be there, simply because most new regimes have some sort of support.

And of course we love your work. And you.

Which reminds me:

I checked, and the only trade center appeal modifier Frankfurt has is full market economy, isn't this kind of trade dominance a little... odd?

I think the stab raise still should be there, simply because most new regimes have some sort of support.
    Meh, i guess we'll have to live with it.

isn't this kind of trade dominance a little... odd?
    Holy mama! There's definitely something wrong here.. Has it happened before? Usually at this stage we can see this kind of picture:

If you encounter other oddities don't hesitate to copy your saves, and do a clean reinstall of both MMU and Cmm.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Cmm v.1.223 released!

Contents:

>added an event for unhealthy merchant republics
    >added some missing localisation
    >tweaked a decision allowing to evolve into a merchant republic
    >tweaked administrative monarchy availability tech, from 16 to 12
    >tweaked electorate prestige bonus
    >tweaked AI government picking
    >tweaked AI religious conversions
    >tweaked AI MOS expansion events
    >tweaked Jewish merchant picture

Sorry for spamming, really

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Victoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I checked, and the only trade center appeal modifier Frankfurt has is full market economy, isn't this kind of trade dominance a little... odd?
    That's nothing, I once had a CoT which expanded from Europe to S.Africa, East Russia and Middle East. Maybe even further to unexplored areas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast