+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas momod

Quote Originally Posted by Willum View Post
    it is very satisfying to be able to lose the game, which makes succes all the the more rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clophiroth View Post
    For that, I love this mod :P
    Mmm.. Connoisseurs, aren't we?

I suppose you still want screenshots and comments
    Hell yeah, and thanks for that. But am i the only one not able to see your pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Discordia View Post
    Is there any way to make the electors hate your guts without insta-killing your ruler and heir in that shame of the empire event?
    Ech, you really should ask Helius about that, i don't have time to look into this myself.

is it normal for interest rate to skyrocket from stability? I mean, it reads there that each level of stability reduces interest by 1%, and initially it was like 50 a month, so I got an advisor which dropped it to around 14 a month. When I lost 2 points of stability (3 to 1) and got production woes on top, it went from 14 to 230 a month.
    Stability does reduce interests, as a few other things. I've checked them, everything is fine.

Christmas momod for MMU
    "an evil MM on steroids" -Deus ret.
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM
    "playing - so far so good" -marwis

Cmm v.1.22 released!

Same as usual; unzip, copy and paste in the 'mod' folder over MMU 1.26, replacing all.

Contents:

>added some missing localisation
    >removed unused high culture/state events
    >fixed some events triggering inappropriately
    >tweaked AI trade competitiveness
    >tweaked rule by the sea's values; there are now 4 declinations tied to trade policy instead of 2
    >tweaked staple port's local tariffs' value, from 0.40 to 0.25
    >tweaked defensiveness values (ideas, buildings, advisors and production efficiency get less; KoSJ's forts get more)
    >tweaked reconstruction modifier's build cost bonus
    >tweaked offensive/defensive slider values
    >tweaked colonisation dynamism application modalities: a country with Colonial Ventures, Viceroys, Land of Opportunity or Quest for the New World will win 1 rank of modifier; a country with 2 of these ideas will win 2.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

>tweaked colonisation dynamism application modalities: a country with Colonial Ventures, Viceroys, Land of Opportunity or Quest for the New World will win 1 rank of modifier; a country with 2 of these ideas will win 2.
    Oh, that's nice.
    I'd wish to see that for early military tech (like, if you have one or two military ideas you'll get a level ahead till maybe military tech level 21). I might implement that for my games.

The way I understand it early military tech levels are indicative of how medieval nations didn't have professional standing armies and relied on mercenaries and peasant levies...so I was wondering if there was a way to implement it by raising armies through a (fairly cheap) province decision but with rather high upkeep costs. I.e. you'd want to disband them if there's no need for them.
    Now the question would of course be how to teach the AI to use that...maybe the high cost would be the result of a practically non existing forcelimit?
    Then again, why fix what isn't broken so you may just wanna dismiss this as random musings.

Btw, revolutionary France is pretty scary.

How come they will NEVER EVER settle for peace. Okay, when I got them to 99% they offered me 300 ducats and releasing a vassal...when all I wanted was Metz.
    I'm still kinda hoping he'll eventually dismantle the empire so I can form Germany though.

Here's a pic from just prior to those wars (and those damn interests, it became 2 years of minting at 100% just to ensure I could make those payments and be rid of that. I just checked on that game...I also had a trade crisis, that would add another 5%...but still, 230 a month seems a bit extreme.

http://250kb.de/u/120321/j/c41cuouCzBOt.jpg

Here you can see how I took a brief respite from fighting (maybe a year before this screenshot, offering France 25 ducats after taking some of their territory) to get a nice Reconstruction event and build up my defences. Not that it'd matter much when doomstacks of 100k simply storm everything.
    http://250kb.de/u/120321/j/VJXpUQuJKxzf.jpg
    Last edited by Discordia; 21-03-2012 at 00:51.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

You should hire a couple 6 star bankers until you can pay off most of the principal. They adjust all interest rates, even on loans that are currently running.

Well, I hired one...and luckily it was only some 20 months.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Have you fixed the conversion-bug in East Asia to Catholic? In my Korea´s game, I had to fix it myself... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Discordia View Post
    Oh, that's nice.
    Isn't it?

Have you fixed the conversion-bug in East Asia to Catholic? In my Korea´s game, I had to fix it myself... :P
    Do you refer to this? If yes, it was fixed by Dharper and included in Cmm v.1.1. Otherwise, please give me some details and i'll look into it.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Dear Magna Munders, i once again could use some help. If by any chance, you love Wagner and invading Russia, and if you also find that HOI3's naval system is less realistic than Civ's, then please try Z-Plan and help me do justice to 3/4th of the earth.

A lot of work has been put into this mod, but unfortunately it lacks sufficient testing. Our fellow Paradoxians on HOI3's forums don't seem to have the guts to help me with that, so i come to you. I'll post some explanations in Z-Plan's thread.

Thanks, have a good day!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles

Well, I was playing with the newer version (no the one that you have just released, the one older) and when I was playing with Korea, I keep receving the events for 20 years without effects... Them started to show just after I included that fix myself :S

I keep receving the events for 20 years without effects...
    Mmm Dharper insisted on the fact that the conversion was a slow process, so maybe you should give it some more time. Just to make make sure we're talking about the same thing, the event you kept receiving was 'Christian Missionaries', wasn't it?

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

Yes. Christian missionaries. But, just after change it myself, the modifiers suddenly begun to work... Too weird, I think :S

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2

First of all, I absolutely love your mod. I'm really enjoying my current game as England (formed GB early through a personal union with Scotland, established the 13 colonies as well as some other colonies etc.)

However, I've run into a bit of trouble on my current mission:

EU3_1.jpg

I've sent a flotilla of 20+ big ships to the coast of Transkei, but I can't seem to fulfill the second requirement. I've tried sending armies into those South African provinces, but that doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Yes. Christian missionaries. But, just after change it myself, the modifiers suddenly begun to work... Too weird, I think :S
    Good, good. And what exactly did you change?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitharr View Post
    First of all, I absolutely love your mod.
    Oh baby i can't hear enough of this! Seriously, i'm glad.

However, I've run into a bit of trouble on my current mission
    As i understand it, you have to discover all provinces around Coast of Transkei. But you seem to have done that already.. Maybe i'm getting it wrong here, i've never really got into missions before. Let me play a little bit with it, i'll let you know if i find anything.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

1º: I only included Dharper´s fix... Maybe, you forget to upload the fixed archive? :P

2º: Related to the mission... As he need to discover all provinces around Transkei, maybe, he need to discover the Wasteland one too?

I think I put in the pictures as links. The links work fine for me, so I dont know what else to do.

For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne

2º: Related to the mission... As he need to discover all provinces around Transkei, maybe, he need to discover the Wasteland one too?
    Doesn't seem to work either :P

EU3_2.jpg
    Last edited by Vitharr; 24-03-2012 at 16:08.

Try to colonize a province that neighbour Transkei. :P

1º: I only included Dharper´s fix... Maybe, you forget to upload the fixed archive? :P
    I don't think so, but i'll double check it.

I think I put in the pictures as links. The links work fine for me, so I dont know what else to do.
    Dammit! i still don't have access to them.

However, I've run into a bit of trouble on my current mission
    The best solution for now is the laziest one, i've simply removed the broken requirement.

Put SRI_sequences.txt in the mod\MagnaMundi Ultimate\missions folder.

Good day everybody!

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

The best solution for now is the laziest one, i've simply removed the broken requirement.

Put SRI_sequences.txt in the mod\MagnaMundi Ultimate\missions folder.

Good day everybody!
    You have my thanks! While waiting for a solution, I unified Japan as Otomo

You have my thanks! While waiting for a solution, I unified Japan as Otomo
    You're welcome! I'd love to see your progress as England during the next centuries, don't hesitate to post more pictures.

Christmas momod for MMU
    Z-Plan for DIG and FTM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast