+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 33 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 734

Thread: "Vacca Pugnax" — Thursdays, 18:30 CET

  1. #141
    On the other hand they dont really much space to expand nor any port to colonise from

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by yah View Post
    On the other hand they dont really much space to expand nor any port to colonise from
    +1
    The swiss have to break somebody's soul within the first 100 years to not be a stagnant nation 4 eva
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

  3. #143
    Well looking at the map, I'll have to sort out something with either Italy or France to get myself a port, lest I blob into the HRE or bully TO and take there ports.

    Souls? We're bankers, not much to worry about in that regard.

  4. #144
    Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    134
    My opinion is that if we wanna another country in europe it should be

    1) Burgundy .
    I know it causes a bit of deathmatch between Bur and Fra, but difference between this and lets say HAB vs BAV is that Bur and Fra are already large countries at the start. And they are ready to have wars. Even if they fight, they will lose only 1-2 provinces with this rules and can get more from AI in meantime.

    2) Holland - it's very similiar to hanza and have almost the same area to expand like Hanza.

  5. #145
    Captain Sorgenkind's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aarau, Switzerland
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
    My opinion is that if we wanna another country in europe it should be

    1) Burgundy .
    I know it causes a bit of deathmatch between Bur and Fra, but difference between this and lets say HAB vs BAV is that Bur and Fra are already large countries at the start. And they are ready to have wars. Even if they fight, they will lose only 1-2 provinces with this rules and can get more from AI in meantime.

    2) Holland - it's very similiar to hanza and have almost the same area to expand like Hanza.
    to 1) at the beginning of the campaign I said I wouldn't play France with a Burgundy Player. Now I don't care since I made all my important deals, and Burgundy would go down the first session. I dow them, take 5 provs, wait 5 yrs and guarantee everything around them, war them again, take another 5 provs, wait 5 years and then annex them. With the deals I made theres no point for a Burgundy player imo, trust me there...

    to 2) there is already a Holland Player, or did I miss something?

    to Switzerland: It is one of the best options to play in EU3. Awesome sliders, awesome government, nice Forcelimit... With some good diplo they can rule the world...

  6. #146
    Lt. General Anders_de_K's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,618
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgenkind View Post
    With the deals I made theres no point for a Burgundy player imo, trust me there...
    Those deals were made with the presumption that there wouldn't be anyone playing Burgundy. If there is one, people have every right to change their minds about backing the Big Blue Blob.
    I'm Hansa in this game, but if I were England or Castille or Austria and had made any deals like that, I wouldn't have any qualms about changing my mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgenkind View Post
    With some good diplo they can rule the world...
    That would take some massive incompetence on the part of the other players.
    Most supporters of the Oslo Accords insisted that this agreement would solve all existing problems.

  7. #147
    I don't have much of a choice in the matter now do I? I'll choose Burg or Swiss, but I want to talk to at least the France player (PM me) before choosing. I guess Moldavia is off the table?

  8. #148
    Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Linköping, Sweden
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    I don't have much of a choice in the matter now do I? I'll choose Burg or Swiss, but I want to talk to at least the France player (PM me) before choosing. I guess Moldavia is off the table?
    Moldavia was off the table for days.

  9. #149
    Captain Sorgenkind's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aarau, Switzerland
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders_de_K View Post
    Those deals were made with the presumption that there wouldn't be anyone playing Burgundy. If there is one, people have every right to change their minds about backing the Big Blue Blob.
    I'm Hansa in this game, but if I were England or Castille or Austria and had made any deals like that, I wouldn't have any qualms about changing my mind.


    That would take some massive incompetence on the part of the other players.
    Don't be too sure about that, but everyone has his own opinion, so never mind But imo, it would suck for people to change deals just becoze someone decides couple of days before game start to play Burgundy

    And no, Switz is one of the strongest nations... They can do it on their own, without incompetence of other players

    Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    I don't have much of a choice in the matter now do I? I'll choose Burg or Swiss, but I want to talk to at least the France player (PM me) before choosing. I guess Moldavia is off the table?
    Message sent

  10. #150
    Lt. General Lama43's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgenkind View Post
    Don't be too sure about that, but everyone has his own opinion, so never mind But imo, it would suck for people to change deals just becoze someone decides couple of days before game start to play Burgundy

    And no, Switz is one of the strongest nations... They can do it on their own, without incompetence of other players



    Message sent
    Yeah they really could have beat the crap out of Europe if not that its leaders were peaceful pussies, and now it's too late to become a world power...

    Anyway yeah in EU3 they're strong, with some rapid expansion in South Germany they can become a great power

  11. #151
    Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    134
    Hmm i forgot there is Holland
    In that case giving a player on Burgundy would be very bad.

    Btw., it's not a problem for me if Rae plays Moldavia. So if he wants it it's fine for me. If he gets annexed then it's his problem. Nothing to cry about.
    I dont see why should it cause problems for Byzantium, he dont even have cores on Moldavias culture group and he got entire east and south to conquer. Offcourse he may want to go north and annex eveything on his way, but there are other players in this campaign who may say "no"


    p.s. for all those who make deals at the start with blue blob (france ), helping him to get stronger faster, I'd say "shame on you". 1399 is the only time when you can demand from France (England can beat him 1v1 if he plays it right), later on you will only be giving to him ...

  12. #152
    Captain Sorgenkind's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aarau, Switzerland
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
    Hmm i forgot there is Holland
    In that case giving a player on Burgundy would be very bad.

    Btw., it's not a problem for me if Rae plays Moldavia. So if he wants it it's fine for me. If he gets annexed then it's his problem. Nothing to cry about.
    I dont see why should it cause problems for Byzantium, he dont even have cores on Moldavias culture group and he got entire east and south to conquer. Offcourse he may want to go north and annex eveything on his way, but there are other players in this campaign who may say "no"


    p.s. for all those who make deals at the start with blue blob (france ), helping him to get stronger faster, I'd say "shame on you". 1399 is the only time when you can demand from France (England can beat him 1v1 if he plays it right), later on you will only be giving to him ...
    Why does everyone think Im a monster?
    I saw what a too aggressive France can cause for problems (the ppl from Vacca Foeda II remember it aswell I guess), so I will not be the same. I promised and swore that to myself. A France like that is enough for the rest of the year (and i mean 365 days, not 2011). So therefore I will not play that agressive, so don't worry, im not a monster...

  13. #153
    Lt. General Kommando23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,359
    Available choices for Rae (or anybody else who still wishes to join for that matter) are: Morocco, Switzerland/the Palatinate/Hesse, Oman, Brunei/Malacca. Also a belated happy new year to everybody.
    Last edited by Kommando23; 02-01-2012 at 19:15.

  14. #154
    Lt. General Kommando23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,359
    Also the modified savegame is now available.

  15. #155
    Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Linköping, Sweden
    Posts
    3,197
    I'd just like to request my national focus be reset to Novgorod and have it allow me to move it when I want to, since the AI has moved it to a really stupid place.

  16. #156
    Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    134
    WOW are you kidding me with that edits of Byzantium ?

    He is starting now as one of strongest countries and have another 25 cores to conquer.
    This way in 1420 you will get a 40 province country with 0 INFAMY, cores everywhere and acceted greek, bulgarian and turkish cultures and +1,0 morale (from empire and byz decision)

    Now I uderstand why there is no place for Moldavia in this campaign and a bit no place for Poland as well, heh

  17. #157
    Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Linköping, Sweden
    Posts
    3,197
    Yeah I really am strongly against the Byz edits, seeing how easy it was for the Byz player in the last game to expand. Add to that holy war with 3/4 of your neighbours and he will be way too strong way too early.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
    WOW are you kidding me with that edits of Byzantium ?

    He is starting now as one of strongest countries and have another 25 cores to conquer.
    This way in 1420 you will get a 40 province country with 0 INFAMY, cores everywhere and acceted greek, bulgarian and turkish cultures and +1,0 morale (from empire and byz decision)

    Now I uderstand why there is no place for Moldavia in this campaign and a bit no place for Poland as well, heh
    Seems legit just calls for players to be more vigilant with deals with byz and more gang rapes all is good with logic
    Narnia.
    one day i will step out of the closet again

  19. #159
    Lt. General Lama43's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Turin, Italy
    Posts
    1,542
    Lol guys, maybe i do have the cores in Greece and most of Turkey but:
    -I have to convert basically everything (and with the westernization it's quite difficult to get the missionaries)
    -Weaker units at the start
    -No missions for PUing Mamluks and vassalizing the Balkan countries, as well as being unable to PU the muslim world in general, this means that my cores in Greece get compensated by the missing cores in Egypt and the Levant, as well as Arabia and Iraq. Maybe i won't get infamy for the reconquest, but with PUing i would get 0 infamy for the whole muslim world + cores in most provinces.
    -Worse sliders (more mercantilist, less innovative and so on)

    All in all they seem quite equal to me.

    Anyway i tried and reconquering the Ottomans is quite easy, thanks Kommando.

  20. #160
    Lt. General Kommando23's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,359
    Byzantium has holy war where the Ottomans have tribal conquest and PU possibilities anyway, in addition the Ottomans have holy war on all of Europe.
    Ottomans start at tech level five while Byzantium has 5% more tech speed (if I am not mistaken).
    Ottomans start with a larger army and navy.
    Ottomans have better slider positions.
    Ottomans start with more provinces.
    Ottomans start with buildings in every province whereas Byzantium has none. Just how many years of magistrates and ducats are that? Add to that that they can inherit the buildings of Arab-cultured nations.
    Byzantium has better national and religious decisions and missions.

    All in all I fail to see the great advantage of Byzantium.

    Also I love it when people are surprised by stuff that has been posted about a week ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 33 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts