+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: "Vacca Pugnax" — Thursdays, 18:30 CET

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

"Vacca Pugnax" — Thursdays, 18:30 CET

10th Session on March 15th, 18:30 CET. JOIN THIS CHAT BEFORE GAME!

Using EU III: Divine Wind. Patch: 5.1 Check sum: BJLT

This is the continuation of Vacca Foeda II. For those who wish to participate and enjoy the game's relaxed atmosphere, our only request is that upon signing your name for the game you are willing to commit to the vast majority of sessions, and accept that prior warning must be given if you know you are going to miss one. To join the game, simply post below with a selection of your five most preferable countries in order of preference. I will decide which countries need players the most. (Players known to be reliable will receive preferential treatment.)

This campaign's concept can be described as "friendly" and "semi-competitive". Essentially this means to me that the game is supposed to be fun most of the time for almost everybody. It is the difference between defeating your opponents and crushing them and between fair and crippling demands. Strive to dominate the game but do not smother it and give newbies and weaker nations a chance. Try to engineer the fall of the strongest players instead of kicking the ones that are already down. This may at times be a difficult balance to maintain but I find it well worth the effort. If this is not for you then you should maybe join one of the more ruthless campaigns out there.

Times:
    On Thursdays, 18:30-22:30 CET

Team Vacca:
    GM: Kommando23
    Co-GM: Sorgenkind
    Host: Lama43

Settings:
    Standard with "Lucky Nations" off.

Rules
    General Rules:
    1. Do not harass or insult players.
    2. Do not wreck your nation on purpose.
    3. Do not declare war for the sole purpose of gaining war taxes or the crusade bonus.
    4. Bargains between players will not be enforced except for immediate exchanges (i. e. give me/do A for B) when they have been made public.
    5. Do abstain from gamey behaviour. (Like but not limited to giving away missionaries, removing cores or HRE membership by selling provinces, releasing vassals to reduce infamy, annexing other player's vassals when not at war with them). Ask when in doubt.
    6. The GM's or Co-GM's word is law - all rules are thus subject to change as they see needed over the course of the game.
    7. Every non-western tech nation may have a its ruler's ADM value changed to 7 once in the campaign. To do so post the request in this thread.
    8. If you DoW a player's AI vassal with the holy war or cleansing of heresy CB you may only acquire the provinces of infidel (prior) or heretic (latter case) states in this manner.

Re-host and Absence Rules:
    1. If a player drops or arrives late rehosts will be granted generally within ~1 year of game time. If the nation is at risk from war or rebels or suchlike a rehost will usually be granted much sooner. If a player drops repeatedly, rehosts may be postponed until other players have the need as well. When you drop, your nation will be ghosted. Ghosted nations may not be attacked and adjacent players should do their best to clean out rebels if they appear.
    2. AIed player nations are off-limits.

Presence and Communication Rules:
    1. Players absent from the game without notifying the GM or any other player until the following Sunday may be removed from their nation.
    2. It is a player’s responsibility to find a sub if they are not able to show.
    3. We will use this chat for pregame communication. To encourage communication between sessions please post your MSN contact.

Peace Rules:
    1. Peacing a player nation through an AI nation is forbidden.
    2. An alliance's* demands may never exceed 100 % Warscore as well as (player's provinces/10+1, rounded up**) provinces for a single opponent (this equally applies to released nations). Overseas provinces not connected to their capital, vassal cancellations, provinces you have a core on and the revocation of cores count as half a province each.
    3. A player may ask their enemies for their demands at any time during a war and they are obliged to state them publically. If he accepts the terms, further hostilities between the parties must be avoided and the war must be ended as soon as possible. Once a proposal has been accepted it can no longer be withdrawn from either side and the war is over.
    4. If you surrender at any point during the war it is definitive. The war is over, you lost and you have to accept your opponents' terms.

* Note that it does not matter whether you declare wars independently or not, while the game may not consider you as an alliance the GM most likely will.
    ** I. e. 1-10: 2; 11-20: 3; 21-30: 4; 31-40: 5; 41-50: 6 etc. You get the idea.

Editing policy:
    Edits will be done to compensate for AI mismanagement of a country or to adapt a country to a new player's style of playing. Other edits will have to be approved by several players and objected by none to be considered.

Players and Nations:
    Great Britain- Kommando23 (notalliswell@hotmail.com)
    Spain- Rayzee
    Portugal - Ele
    France - Sorgenkind (jaacen_solo@hotmail.com)
    Netherlands - Falahk (gorgitkilla@hotmail.com)
    Austria - phantomdentist (dentistphantom@hotmail.co.uk)
    Russia - anubisfike (no MSN-Messenger)
    Prussia - Grandprince (ste543@hotmail.co.uk)
    Byzantium - Lama43 (LamaGT@hotmail.it)
    Manchu - Torbjorn (elliot_r_79@hotmail.com)
    Switzerland - Ksyi

Game Data:
    Savegame
    Game Statistics
    World maps

Previous Maps

(1575)

(1605)

(1632)

Current Map (1660)

Last edited by Kommando23; 15-03-2012 at 19:16.

Lost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty II Collection

im in

holland
    milan
    ming
    novogrod/moskowy
    manchu

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Ottoman Empire (or the Byzzies if you do the same edit as you did in the previous campaign)
    England
    France
    Austria
    Milan

SengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by jpuldk View Post
    im in

holland
    milan
    ming
    novogrod/moskowy
    manchu
    Hey, great to still have you on board! Unfortunately I had already promised Holland to Falahk (since he has special needs) and forgot to write it down, sorry about that - the list should be complete now.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    -Hansa
    -Ming
    -Novgorod
    -Muscowy
    -Bohemia
    -Something Japanese and viable.

As for a rule suggestion, how about banning in-game alliances? Works very well to prevent the monkeyfuck gangbangs most commonly associated with multiplayer games.
    Defensive wars through Guarantees and/or Warnings are a lot easier to win when each aggressor has to DOW independently and can't peace out in one go. The only ingame losers are either the people normally profiting from aggressive alliances: Assholes and tier 2 countries.
    Most supporters of the Oslo Accords insisted that this agreement would solve all existing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_de_K View Post
    -Hansa
    -Ming
    -Novgorod
    -Muscowy
    -Bohemia
    -Something Japanese and viable.

As for a rule suggestion, how about banning in-game alliances? Works very well to prevent the monkeyfuck gangbangs most commonly associated with multiplayer games.
    Defensive wars through Guarantees and/or Warnings are a lot easier to win when each aggressor has to DOW independently and can't peace out in one go. The only ingame losers are either the people normally profiting from aggressive alliances: Assholes and tier 2 countries.

I won't join if Kommando would introduce this rule.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Austria
    France
    Ottoman Empire
    Brandenburg
    or whatever you want me in which is not naval

And the first 3 nations are not in preferenced order, they are in alphabetic order, as I do not care which one of those 3

Ingame name btw Barney_Stinson, not Sorgenkind just so everyone knows it already now :P

Edit: I agree with Lama there. I will not join if such a rule shall be enforced.

Bohemia
    Venice
    Austria
    Hansa
    portugal

no real particular order

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioMarch of the Eagles
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    It's just a suggestion. What exactly do you find so offensive about that rule?
    Most supporters of the Oslo Accords insisted that this agreement would solve all existing problems.

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed Grey78's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Ottoman Empire (or the Byzzies if you do the same edit as you did in the previous campaign)
    England
    France
    Austria
    Milan
    There is a way yo have playable bizzies without edits. Begining in 1404 or 1405 they are stronger that the OE.

It's just have fun. Of course there's always a chance of gang bang, but seriously, MultiPlayer is mostly about diplomacy (imho) and without those player alliances there's no diplomacy. And if no alliance, then no NAP, and when both is not allowed, then there is no Diplo.

@Kommando, if there is a Bohemia I cancel my option for Austria since I really wanna PU them :P

Minors won't grow, too powerful nations will remain too powerful. One can say that there are the guarantees but it's not so much different from an alliance.

Anyway starting in 1405 just for me isn't feasible.

A bear there was, a bear! Kapt Torbjorn's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Manchu w/ 0 centralization
    Last edited by Kapt Torbjorn; 26-12-2011 at 08:15.
    Showcased AAR 4/17/2010, Lord Strange's Cookie of British Awesomeness , Favourite EU3 History Book AAR Q2 2010, Favourite EU3 Narrative AAR Q3 2010

anyone know when the game will start, i dont have access to a game computer till after new year

Quote Originally Posted by Uladh88 View Post
    anyone know when the game will start, i dont have access to a game computer till after new year
    I guess same time as before since everyone mentioned above can play then (well, at least they were able to before )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgenkind View Post
    It's just have fun. Of course there's always a chance of gang bang, but seriously, MultiPlayer is mostly about diplomacy (imho) and without those player alliances there's no diplomacy. And if no alliance, then no NAP, and when both is not allowed, then there is no Diplo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Minors won't grow, too powerful nations will remain too powerful. One can say that there are the guarantees but it's not so much different from an alliance.
    There's actually a lot more diplomacy wen the "alliances" boil down to "will the other guy actually honour his guarantee when I get attacked?"
    A guarantee is a lot more different from an alliance, since you can't mutually guarantee each other. And they are purely defensive, unlike the alliances that seems to always come into play (like England+ Spain+Swiss vs Austria & friends). At least with Guarantees and Warnings only the attacking side won't have the obvious advantage.
    Small countries won't grow as incredibly fast as they always seem to do, but the idea of a major helping a puny 2PM to expand offensively without a proper CB is realisticly unsound. Defending a minor? Sure, that's what Guarantees are for.
    No alliances makes it more "everyone for himself" and not "let's have a semi-permanent alliance through the entire game and have a de facto victory in 1600."
    It's worked very well in the Monday game I'm in, though we've never had more than nine players there, on variably sized countries.
    Last edited by Anders_de_K; 24-12-2011 at 23:34.

SengokuVictoria 2

I think it's a bit too controversial for now but I'd like to try it out in your campaign if you happen to restart it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Uladh88 View Post
    I'd propose Jan 5th so you can easily join!

Quote Originally Posted by Kommando23 View Post
    [*]Kommando23 (England)
    scotland
    leinster
    tyrone
    france
    burgundy

merry christmas

SengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by phantomdentist View Post
    scotland
    leinster
    tyrone
    france
    burgundy

merry christmas
    Lol, go pester the cabal people with picks like these my lusty little elf!

France
    Burgundy
    Venice
    Milan
    Vijaynagar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast