+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: do we need more goods? if so, which?

  1. #41
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Why did you pick brass? I was trying to find clip art and the only thing that comes to mind is a musical instrument like a horn. Is this what you had in mind as this is what I have done so far?

    Maybe steel - but really for the time period it would be cast iron - as a trade good would be better than brass? Or maybe metal working as this is more in the time period and was big for the NE American colonies?

    I will leave as brass unless you want to change.

    I have the first 40 done graphics wise. 11 left to go then the goods.gfx file.
    Last edited by 17blue17; 29-04-2012 at 02:10.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    No its not too late. And I can always change items. I just can't change the order of the graphics. So tar is changed to horses BUT it will go on the list in the same place tar was other wise I have to redo the graphics I have done already. So in the prices.txt and trade good text you need to have horses where tar was going to be.
    ok, thanks horses will be much better than tar lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Why did you pick brass? I was trying to find clip art and the only thing that comes to mind is a musical instrument like a horn. Is this what you had in mind as this is what I have done so far?

    Maybe steel - but really for the time period it would be cast iron - as a trade good would be better than brass? Or maybe metal working as this is more in the time period and was big for the NE American colonies?

    I will leave as brass unless you want to change.

    I have the first 40 done graphics wise. 11 left to go then the goods.gfx file.
    yes, you are right, brass doesnt make sense. hmmmm, maybe paper? or books? would it be tier 1 or 2, if paper?
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

    John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

  3. #43
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    ok, thanks horses will be much better than tar lol

    yes, you are right, brass doesnt make sense. hmmmm, maybe paper? or books? would it be tier 1 or 2, if paper?
    tier 2. Lumber would be tier 1.

    Some mods have services as a trade good for capital cities. Could be a tier 2 for your capital if you have the right level of government tech or something.

    Furniture is also a good tier 2 and would work for provinces that other mods use for Ebony.

    And as I already said metal working (tier 2) was the main trade good for cities in Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut in the colonial USA, and for some provinces in Spain, Norway/Sweeden, and Damascus Syria etc.

    Pepper (tier 1) is good for India to split from the Indonesian area generic spices.

    Herring was the high priced version of fish. So it could maybe be a tier 2 if you viewed it as specializing for provinces that border the Atlantic coast of Europe or North America. Countries were willing to fight for rights to Herring fishing areas.

    I don't know. Look back at the earlier posts as you usually choose the opposite from me.

    Just let me know what you want.
    Last edited by 17blue17; 29-04-2012 at 21:38.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    tier 2. Lumber would be tier 1.

    Some mods have services as a trade good for capital cities. Could be a tier 2 for your capital if you have the right level of government tech or something.

    Furniture is also a good tier 2 and would work for provinces that other mods use for Ebony.

    And as I already said metal working (tier 2) was the main trade good for cities in Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut in the colonial USA, and for some provinces in Spain, Norway/Sweeden, and Damascus Syria etc.

    Pepper (tier 1) is good for India to split from the Indonesian area generic spices.

    Herring was the high priced version of fish. So it could maybe be a tier 2 if you viewed it as specializing for provinces that border the Atlantic coast of Europe or North America. Countries were willing to fight for rights to Herring fishing areas.

    I don't know. Look back at the earlier posts as you usually choose the opposite from me.

    Just let me know what you want.
    thanks, lol.
    tools (part of metal working , right?)
    thanks

  5. #45
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    thanks, lol.
    tools (part of metal working , right?)
    thanks
    Well metal working makes tools and other things. Kind of a black smith. Your Medieval hardware store kind of thing. Nails, hinges, horse shoes, eating utensils, door knockers, etc etc etc. Better name is metal_working rather than tools.

    So metal_working will replace brass.

    I have updated the list below for the order of the goods in the price and tradegood files.

    I will be done with the art work shortly then I have the goods.gfx file to do.

  6. #46
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Ok I am going to send you a PM with my part of the update. I can't really test without your parts but it should work if all our names match.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Well metal working makes tools and other things. Kind of a black smith. Your Medieval hardware store kind of thing. Nails, hinges, horse shoes, eating utensils, door knockers, etc etc etc. Better name is metal_working rather than tools.

    So metal_working will replace brass.

    I have updated the list below for the order of the goods in the price and tradegood files.

    I will be done with the art work shortly then I have the goods.gfx file to do.
    ok, ill use that name, thanks. i finished tradegoods file yesterday and ill plan on doing prices today or this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Ok I am going to send you a PM with my part of the update. I can't really test without your parts but it should work if all our names match.
    ok, great, thanks alot
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

    John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    ok, ill use that name, thanks. i finished tradegoods file yesterday and ill plan on doing prices today or this week.

    ok, great, thanks alot
    I added the prices file data and the localisation data along with your files today but the mod crashes while its loading. so there is something i am supposed to add or i named something wrong or made a error. not sure which.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

    John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

  9. #49
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I added the prices file data and the localisation data along with your files today but the mod crashes while its loading. so there is something i am supposed to add or i named something wrong or made a error. not sure which.
    You did both the price and tradegoods files changes?

    You made sure your names in price and tradegoods are exactly spelled the way I have them in goods.gfx?

    You added my gfx\interface\resources.dds?

    You added my interface\goods.gfx? As I typed it - or did you retype it? If you retyped it then try the copy I gave you.

    You added my interface\provincepanel.gfx? As I typed it - or did you retype it? If you retyped it then try the copy I gave you.

    You added all my gfx\mapitems files?

    I don't think we renamed any existing trade goods so that should not be a problem.

    Double check the above. If you can't find it then post a copy of the mod for me to look at.
    Last edited by 17blue17; 01-05-2012 at 03:22.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    You did both the price and tradegoods files changes?
    yep
    You made sure your names in price and tradegoods are exactly spelled the way I have them in goods.gfx?
    oh LOL i forgot those two interface files somehow, sorry. ill test again and see what happens.

    Edit:
    had to change 3 mapitems tga names,
    same 3 changed in goods.gfx
    province panel , you only changed frame number?

    Edit2:
    still crashes
    You added my gfx\interface\resources.dds?
    yes

    You added my interface\goods.gfx? As I typed it - or did you retype it? If you retyped it then try the copy I gave you.
    yes, after i read your post here.
    You added my interface\provincepanel.gfx? As I typed it - or did you retype it? If you retyped it then try the copy I gave you.
    yes, after i read your post here.
    You added all my gfx\mapitems files?
    yes, previously.
    I don't think we renamed any existing trade goods so that should not be a problem.
    I agree.
    Double check the above. If you can't find it then post a copy of the mod for me to look at.
    ok, thanks. i will double check the order of goods in our files tomarow or wed. probably and then post it if i cant find the problem.
    the only other thing i did that it might be was in the colors for the tradegoods.txt i used x.xx decimal places where previously there was only x.x in the file. not sure if that matter. i could try testing with only x.x

    if you end up trying to find the error for me, please check my goods prices and offer your opinion as i just did a quick not so thoughtfull edit and also did not edit most of the effect of the cloned goods yet. if you feel ambitious you could also look as my TN goods manufactured file and offer event opinions which is some cases are again half thought out clones.
    Last edited by Darken; 01-05-2012 at 07:35.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

    John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

  11. #51
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    yep

    if you end up trying to find the error for me, please check my goods prices and offer your opinion as i just did a quick not so thoughtfull edit and also did not edit most of the effect of the cloned goods yet. if you feel ambitious you could also look as my TN goods manufactured file and offer event opinions which is some cases are again half thought out clones.
    I would be glad to look for the crash as I like the challenge and it can be kind of fun for me up to a point.


    As for suggesting prices.........I can see many long long long discussions and lots of stress, stress, and more stress.... as I like high prices and you like to discuss...... every single penney ......

    I would instead suggest you look at the 63 trade good mod and MEIOU as they all have similar goods and then make a quick average of those for the base price.

    I have never had any luck with the supply and demand system in EU3 and I think it just burns computer resources so I suggest you keep it simple.


    As for your tier 2 idea I don't understand what you are trying to do so I will respectfully pass and go back to goofing off....... and avoid the stress.



  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    I would be glad to look for the crash as I like the challenge and it can be kind of fun for me up to a point.


    As for suggesting prices.........I can see many long long long discussions and lots of stress, stress, and more stress.... as I like high prices and you like to discuss...... every single penney ......

    I would instead suggest you look at the 63 trade good mod and MEIOU as they all have similar goods and then make a quick average of those for the base price.

    I have never had any luck with the supply and demand system in EU3 and I think it just burns computer resources so I suggest you keep it simple.


    As for your tier 2 idea I don't understand what you are trying to do so I will respectfully pass and go back to goofing off....... and avoid the stress.


    lol, thanks. i understand.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

    John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

  13. #53
    i made some exclusions in the common files. fixed. so i hope to get 14.113 out soon with 14.114 as a the balanced version with the gun prohibition events hopefully.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

    John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

  14. #54
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    i made some exclusions in the common files. fixed. so i hope to get 14.113 out soon with 14.114 as a the balanced version with the gun prohibition events hopefully.
    So you got the new trade goods working? Good.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    So you got the new trade goods working? Good.
    yeah . thanks.
    so there will probably be balancing that needs to be done for 14.114 along with other stuff i want to add.

  16. #56
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    yeah . thanks.
    so there will probably be balancing that needs to be done for 14.114 along with other stuff i want to add.
    Just a FYI on the new game (buffalo) trade good. A map from my mod showing areas that should start with Buffalo or have a strong chance to get buffalo as their trade good through your event system:



    The buffalo should change to other goods like livestock, grain etc between 1825 and 1880 with most of the change happening around 1870 or so.

  17. #57
    thanks this will help for that good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts