+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What types of people are CK2 players?

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    29, translator, used to be a lawyer, dabbled with webdesign (coded since age 13 anyway), taught languages for a while. Always been interested in the middle ages, practically grew up on legends and history. Have a soft spot for monarchy and chivalry.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

30, used to be a chef, now studying behavior science now. Always had an interest in history, but it has always leaned more to the people than the accual battles and such, the intrigue is just delicious in the middle ages even from a psychological point of a view
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

No dancing in the turret. MichOrion's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Rome GoldMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

33 years old, I'm a soldier and a part-time student studying history.

The game I had been looking for my entire life was EU, which I picked up blind at a Best Buy. Since then I've tried several PI games each one as enjoyable as the first. I never anticipated a game as much as CK. When it got stuck in development for a while and finally came out, it felt like it did not live up to it's potential, I hope that CK2 will be the game I want it to be.
    "Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres; stripped of will and soul, only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for vengeance..."
    Rush-The Necromancer
    Without trucks, America stops!
    "Three-quarters of a soldier's life is spent in aimlessly waiting about." -Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

23 year old and I work as a shop clerk right now. I quit school after having chosen marketing oriented education path and discovered it wasn't something I wanted to make a career of. Next year I start wrapping up my pre-university level studies so that I can apply to uni couple years from now to study world history and East Asian research. I'm also self learning Japanese atm with a goal to learn Mandarin later on.

Discovered Paradox games when I was 13 (or was it 14) through HOI1.
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

As expected, 90% is from the middle class with college studies, most of them study economics and history, or work as accountants or IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogia View Post
    And i like games where i have power since it allows me to compesensate for being powerless in real life.
    This, is my true motive after CKII.

I'm a two-decade law student
    Former Fan of the Week

1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by thekinguter View Post
    As expected, 90% is from the middle class with college studies, most of them study economics and history, or work as accountants or IT.

This, is my true motive after CKII.

I'm a two-decade law student

It's a self-selecting sample. People with good jobs like to tell everybody, those who have crap jobs might hold back.

Huh, surprised at the age of most of the people here.

Well, I am 15 years old, currently in High School going for an Advanced Regents Degree. Much more mature for my age group, or so I feel.

I love this game, simply because it is not your average strategy game. Regardless if I am playing Empire Total war, or anything of that sort, these series of games, are just quite amazing. And, I can't wait to play crusader kings.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sheumgal View Post
    Huh, surprised at the age of most of the people here.

Well, I am 15 years old, currently in High School going for an Advanced Regents Degree. Much more mature for my age group, or so I feel.
    I was 16 when I joined this forum. Internet makes me feel old...
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

52, which I think makes me the second or third oldest person to have posted their age so far.

Quote Originally Posted by nyah View Post
    It's a self-selecting sample. People with good jobs like to tell everybody, those who have crap jobs might hold back.
    I doubt people are as embarrassed about their crap jobs as I think you're implying. I reckon the selection is more to do with the game. Paradox games require days of investment and a keen interest in both history and economics, or at least complex systems. They don't have quite so wide an appeal as "shoot the aliens."

Also, my mail room gig is a pretty crap, albeit easy. Stay tuned for next year when I'll be a prostitute.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

32 year old Hotel General Manager here. Degree in Graphic Design and Diploma in Computer Science. And most lovingly a HUGE love of History!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bgibbard View Post
    52, which I think makes me the second or third oldest person to have posted their age so far.
    well, now we are four .... I'm 52 y / old. I'm a musician/saxophonist.
    I love all the historical games of the paradox, but
    CK is by far the most original game that has produced

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SeverusFelix View Post
    I doubt people are as embarrassed about their crap jobs as I think you're implying. I reckon the selection is more to do with the game. Paradox games require days of investment and a keen interest in both history and economics, or at least complex systems. They don't have quite so wide an appeal as "shoot the aliens."

Also, my mail room gig is a pretty crap, albeit easy. Stay tuned for next year when I'll be a prostitute.
    Just seems a little snobbish to me to suggest that paradox make games for middle class people and the working classes are just interested in shooting games. Because obviously the intelligence required to play these kind of games isn't evident in those who do low paid jobs.

The participation is self-selecting here. What proportion of paradox game players, who read and post on the forums, who feel like telling everybody else their age and job, are employed as investment bankers?

"What proportion of paradox game players, who read and post on the forums,"

I'm saying that this is the selector-- people who read and post on the forums are more likely to have thinking-heavy jobs, or to be university students, because people on the internet are more likely to have thinking jobs or be university students. People who are interested in Paradox's games, which are not exactly the most accessible out there, are more likely to have a thinking job and be interested in economics, history, and run-on sentences. The fanbase is self-selecting, and not because people with lower-paying jobs are any dumber on average.

What I disagree with is this half-- "who feel like telling everybody else their age and job."

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I'm 25, soon a master in history, with focus on the middle east. Working as a pc assistant for students and employees on my university.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

21 years old, studying Chemistry in college.
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

18 years old, studying forestry in belgium. mostly working with the chainsaw and forest management

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.

Where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my head. It's quite breathtaking; I suggest you try it.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Shouldn't we have some kind of "chart", to see the bigger picture of this informal poll?
    Mes AARs:
    CK: (mort à cause d'imageshack)
    EU3 NA IN: In nomine imperia(interrompu pour un temps indéfini)
    Commerce, guerre et colonies, l'Archiduché d'Autriche (1483-1540)
    CK2 : --à venir éventuellement--

« [...] Nous ne sommes pas les derniers colonisés de la terre, mais les premiers affranchis du vieux monde des États-nation. »
    « [...] We are not the last colonized of the Earth, but the first emancipated from the old world of nation-states.»
    -Pierre Elliott Trudeau, 20 mai 1980

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Master View Post
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential.

Where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my head. It's quite breathtaking; I suggest you try it.
    Dr. Evil plays Paradox games. Why am I not surprised?

For myself, 19 year old university student majoring in history and political science. Started on Paradox by being addicted to the first CK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast