• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
32 year old Accountant. One of the few professions which were around in CK days also. :D

19 year old, creative writing major, American

I just think history is so important. If you look at it objectively, you'll be able to see how hard it is to define things as black and white, even WW II wasn't as black and white as it's often painted. I like paradox games because they capture this perfectly; furthermore, they allow you to play out the proverb "never judge a man till you've walked two days in his shoes" (or something like that.) Essentially, I enjoy playing as different nations and seeing the challenges there leaders faced, which also allows you to see why they were sometimes forced to take unsavory actions.

Short answer, Because history and strategy are awesome and mixing them is the best.

Oh, and the Medieval Era is my favorite setting to play in; I wouldn't want to live back then though, no running water or internet just doesn't cut it for me.

20yr old anthropology major, punk-rock aficionado and at times subversive left wing activist. I like seeing Europe get steamrolled by the Mongol hordes.

16 year old gymnasium student,wannabe left wing activist/protester and punk guitarist/drummer.

24 year old master student in International&European Law and Philosophy with a strong interesting in history. Free time megalomaniac and world conqueror.

18 years old (or young depending on how you look at it). I am studying to become a programmer, hopefully working at or with paradox in the future, and i would vote orange too but there is no such thing in old Svea Rike :(

36 year old lazy hippie park ranger with way too much free time on his hands

And i like games where i have power since it allows me to compesensate for being powerless in real life.

26 year old Texan. Currently an office mail clerk in California, formerly crewman on cargo vessel in Oman, security guard outside of Seattle, and house painter. I play games because I am good at them, unlike holding a job. I play paradox games because they are excellent, well-researched, and extremely complex.

How did political views suddenly get put into this? Who was the first? STONE HIM!

Free time megalomaniac and world conqueror.

I think that sentence probably neatly sums up every Paradox customer...

17 year old student, I hope to be able to study medicine and later do research within that field.

Personally I love making up intricate schemes, thus this ought to be the perfect game

I assume he's no fan of punk.

I was disappointed myself when I remembered that gymnasium in Europe is more or less equivalent to American High school. I was envisioning a trapeze artist.

I assume he's no fan of punk.

I was disappointed myself when I remembered that gymnasium in Europe is more or less equivalent to American High school. I was envisioning a trapeze artist.

Heh,that would be great.Could play the guitar while hanging from the ceiling.

36 years old, sociologist and economist, teaching and researching at university. I love politics and history, so CK is a no-brainer... well, almost every Paradox title is for me :D

21 year old student studying my first degree in International Politics. Been a PI fan ever since I read the review of CK1 in the Finnish 'Pelit' magazine. Although it was awarded a mediocre score (as many paradox games do unfortunately) I knew it was the game of my dreams! :D