• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
23 years old studying applied genetics, one more year to go for my undergraduate. Then off to graduate school. paradox games are where I can make 'what if' scenarios and enjoy either winning or losing

Twenty-eight, soon twenty-nine and academic lawyer (last year of Ph.D.), practiced for a while too before becoming a freelance translator for my normal job. I was a history buff as a kid and practically grew up on history and legends. Never really enjoyed the distinction between the two, to be honest, and I love the middle of the way which is historical novels. Alternative history is very cool too.

23 years old studying applied genetics, one more year to go for my undergraduate. Then off to graduate school. paradox games are where I can make 'what if' scenarios and enjoy either winning or losing

Isn't that what the game is about? :D :D

I'm a 44 year old tin-pusher with an AB in History, a Minor in English, and a proud son of South Carolina. For the last 20 years, I've been employed as a professional video gamer, working as a radar air traffic controller, balancing the science of applied physics with the art of aerial ballet at the world's busiest air traffic control center in Atlanta, Georgia.

And yes, we are all arrogant, hard-drinking, handsome, womanizing, fast-driving, chain-smoking egomaniacs...

25 year old computer engineer.

I like history, I like strategy games, I like RPGs, there was no reason for me not to try CK2. Having played a lot of other PI games it was a matter of time.

20 years old Swede from the town of Umeå (yeah there the guy got captured by the winter in a car for 2 months), I finished natural science last spring and now I am just partying hard and spending my illfortunate cash on booze and CK2. I have always been interested in history and played almost every Strategy game that exist, I dont care to put up what games I own below my name!

Hi Everybody!

35 yrs, Software Support for an Accounting program.

I love strategy, history and RPG (table top, preferably). Playing PI games since EU3:NA and if I could live in any period in history, I would probably pick the CK era.

I'm 20, International Relations student in Paris and Moscow. I'm a huge fan of the first CK, which I liked for it's open opportunuties: starting as a little German count with one province wasn't a problem, you could always end as an Emperor.

17 (18 next week!) year old University Student studying History/Sociology. Working part-time at a local Waterstones, where I spend most of my time reading military history books rather than working. :p

Last edited:
Just want to see what types of people play Crusader Kings 2. If possible, please let us know how old you are and what line of work you're in. And of course, why do you like the game? [...] I like it because it allows me to role-play and interact with characters while potentially creating an epic story.

61¾. Professor of Political Philosophy (recently retired).

Like the OP, I am a role-player who wishes to experience epic stories. I am not a competitive powergamer or wargamer : "win" or "lose", I care only for being engaged in an immersive epic story.

I role-play according to the traits of my Ruler persona. I am currently a "slothful" Byzantine emperor, so I let the Turks eat up Anatolia without doing anything about it : I am lazy and decadent.

Well, i'm a 29 yo Cheff who loves history and likes games that can be challenging ;) Swedishchef-myspace.jpg

I'm a 18 year old german student from Baden-Württemberg (Southgermany, not Bavaria!!!).

I play strategy games since Civ III and Paradox Games since Hearts of Iron 2.

I don't write so much here in the forum, but I read a lot here.

Cheers,

vfbstuttgart