• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm 23 years old,call center operator(for now).
I'm studying at University of History and Philosophy.
I love medieval time,strategy,and the great possibility of forge a dinasty and an empire!
-6 to the great day!

21 years old, studying computer sciences now, law and history before.
I've been a medieval history and medieval literature (especially southern French lyrical poetry) enthusiast (and geek, to be honest) for years.

I've been playing Paradox games for a few years, as early as 2005 I think. Since I'm a history nerd and a role-player, I enjoy complex and fact driven games. The niche aspect, the community and the mods (the possibility of modding aswell) is really the thing that got me hooked up to this company.

Last edited:
When you got a kid, Paradox games are perfect.
1. They last forever, I don't have to buy that many games per year. Kids cost a shitload of money :)
2. If the infant get sad, I can just pause the game and pick up the game later. Other games like Starcraft 2 doesn't go well with kids...

Plus, when they get old enough you can warp their mind so they play them with you!

Plus, when they get old enough you can warp their mind so they play them with you!

1328629908787.gif

Just like this!

Attachments

• 1328629908787.gif
    1328629908787.gif
    2,9 KB · Views: 25
17-year old student with a large interest in history and society. I don't really have any plans for the future since I don't have any usable skills that I can think of. I suppose I will continue studying (if I get good grades now).

I'm currently unemployed, will be starting a history program this fall (!!!) after finally getting to the point in my life where making a lot of money isn't going to matter (as my wife to be will be "making bank"), most recently I was working at a Radiochemistry lab as a data analyst.

My introduction to Paradox games happened many years ago back when I (like someone else I saw earlier) just happened across the original Europa Universalis at a Best Buy. I knew immediately I must have it and thus the saga began... Very excited for CK2, as is the girlfriend who I also drew into EU3, playing MP Paradox games with your significant other is an ideal I never thought could actually come true. :D

30 years old, Business Development Manager for a Media Company.

EU3 rocks, So does Sengoku, I reckon this will be a slight mix of the two with extra bits sprinkled on top. What's not to like?

25 year old Grocery Manager. I like trying out historical "what ifs" though as someone with a BA in History should know, that is dangerous business. Current project is creating a Norse (Norwegian-Dane) realm out of the British Isles, starting as the Duke of the Isles (western Scotland).

I'm 25 years old, and I work in murder and executions. In mergers and acquisitions, I mean.

doublesguy.jpg

Attachments

• doublesguy.jpg
    doublesguy.jpg
    11,8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
15 years old-im currently unemployed ,active in sports.

ck2=pure awesomeness haha
the game brings endless re-playability for the player i love grand strategy games especially this one . you pretty much stole the words right out of my mouth why i like the game,i love the fact that you can name your characters ( i prefer my own name lol). every son my characters had i named after myself and right now my kings is the IV. The game has so much to offer and i really feel like im apart of it when i play.

34 years old. Senior executive in IT Planning and Development.

CK2 is a perfect game for a dad because you can pause the game at any time and it can pretty much self-run and pause-game-on-decision. :happy:

38 years old, grad student in history (specifically the 19th century-early 20th Habsburg Empire and its collapse).

I picked up Europa Universalis I back in 2002 and I've been hooked on Paradox games ever since. They're a historian's delight! I loved the original CK, but I think that CK II will far outpace it, especially once it is given a couple expansions (basically, like most Paradox titles...)

23 years old, been doing everything it feels like, carpenter, daycare, highschool substitute, marketing, telemarketing, designer, journalism, yeah, the list goes on, at this current state I'm studying history at a university, thou my discipline is at it lowest. Hopefully it will change now when we're entering the early 10th century. If you have any tips or tricks on how to motivate yourself please share (I've always been lazy).

I enjoy playing CK2 since it feels like a hybrid of Medieval Total war combined with Civilization, (please don't dip me in tar and feathers).

Hi,

I'm 71 yrs old and a retired engineer (chem), now working as a technical consultant for a solar energy company. I love strategy and war games, and I was intrigued by the role-playing aspects of CKII. So far I am really enjoying the game, but am struggling some with the learning curve. I've started a book on medieval history to help me understand the concepts of feudalism a bit better.

23 years old. Gunsmith, but currently employed in the health care system.

I like this game because of my interest in history, and like mentioned earlier in this thread, you can still have fun even though you're not necessarily winning. Also it's fine detail.

This game is the closest thing we can get to to time travel imo.

I'm a 19 year old student. Taking a "Civilingenjörsexamen" in mechanical engineering. I think it might translate into a masters-degree. It takes five years anyhow.
I've always loved history, much thanks to my Grandfather who always told stories about Finland and Sweden from medieval times to the Winter war.