• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
40 year old Marine.

30 year old Professional (Merchant) Mariner and Amateur Historian, Philosopher, Scientist, amongst other strange hobbies!

Why CK? Well...I love the time period and the Roleplaying elements really make this a unique strategy game. I think I will have a hard time doing much else, come the 14th!

Im 27 year old Civil Engineer from Finland, working on energy firm construcing heatingpipelines... Why I love CK2 is becouse it adequotedly presents the historical heating systems and the ability to build long pipelines connecting vast ammount of provinces in full working circulation and...
wait!

Nah, I "love" CK2 becouse ive been told it should finaly get the idea of CK1 out of the bugfested maddnes that the old game was. Normally I play Eu3 and I started with Pdox via Hoi2 (that im still playing in MP...)

1) You have my dream life currently... studying Medieval History at PhD level ;0~~~.

Haha, it is definitely very stimulating. You have a lot of freedom, and your workday consists of reading, writing, and teaching interesting things. It's not easy in some respects, though - money is a big issue compared with being in paid work, and the job prospects are poor (there are dozens if not hundreds of people with PhDs and postdocs applying for a tiny - and shrinking - number of vacancies in university jobs).

2) I have the same problem with my bf with the original CK. Like I keep trying to stress the RP and character aspects of it, but he finds EU really boring so it's hard to convince him >_<. I've been trying to get him more interested in CK2 by stressing that there's a lot more "to do" or whatever, but he's still not fully biting. I'm hoping that when he sees me play it he'll be all "I WANT BE KING!!" hehe. It worked with console RPGs (his reaction when he first saw me play one was "You stand still and take it in turns to hit each other? lame", but now he absolutely loves them :D!)

You have the opposite problem to me - my gf likes the concept/theme of all the video games I show her, but she can't (or doesn't want to) get to grips with the controls and mechanics which would allow her to play them herself. I'm hoping for a breakthrough of the kind you experienced with console RPGs :)

im a 27 year old gas engineer living in newcastle england

I come from a history politics background hence my interest in PI games
If i grew up in the south i probably wouldve been an econimist LoL

It's true. There are hundreds of us out there at universities, logging on to the Paradox forums to insist that Byzantium be represented to an anal degree of historical accuracy. I'm not joking! :p

But where exactly is the line drawn between Byzantine fanboy and Rome Fanboy???

24 year old software engineer.

CK1 was my first PI game (and probably the one I enjoyed most overall), so I'm real excited (though you probably haven't seen me as I am a lurker most of the time).

I shall describe myself in CK1 traits.

21 Years Old
Court Education, Chaste, Stressed, Lazy, Vengeful, Deceitful, Proud, Zealous, Reckless, Suspicious

Wow, looking at the list...yeah that can't be good. I'd have myself assassinated quite quickly if I had claims on my titles.

...That sentence is equally terrible!