• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heyy! There's more than one female playing CKII (or, at least, declared female)... and we're both from Ohio??

Three, and the other one is from South Carolina. Assuming it will run on my computer! (I'm a big fan of CK1.)

45, female, majored in history, did most of a master's degree in history, had stroke.

23, male, doing a PhD in medieval history.

I'm going to try and get my girlfriend, who is also a medievalist, to play this too - I know she'll love the subject matter, it's just a question of whether she takes to the interface and the mechanics (previous attempts with other games have not gone well...)

[video=youtube;9Heybq1s79Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Heybq1s79Y[/video]

28 year old data analyst in local government. I've had an on-off interest in strategy games for about 15 years now, going back to Civilization, Age of Empires and Red Alert.

I first found Paradox through EU3, which was then at the In Nomine stage; browsing some strategy game websites for a new addiction, I found a review for this game which promised depth, scope, and a focus on map-level strategy without the real-time battle interludes from Total War. Crusader Kings is a game I learned about on these forums, I believe as part of the discussion around HTTT's dynasties feature. Can't wait to get my hands on the new and improved version. More depth, more stability, and no ear-piercing trumpet blast accompanying every popup? Yes please!

I'm 34 years old, and a Gravedigger by profession. Not the most glamorous job, but I get to play with some really big toys.

I'm 22, working in a petrol station (for the time being) in good old Bristol.

I first found Paradox through EU3, which was then at the In Nomine stage; browsing some strategy game websites for a new addiction, I found a review for this game which promised depth, scope, and a focus on map-level strategy without the real-time battle interludes from Total War. Crusader Kings is a game I learned about on these forums, I believe as part of the discussion around HTTT's dynasties feature. Can't wait to get my hands on the new and improved version. More depth, more stability, and no ear-piercing trumpet blast accompanying every popup? Yes please!

Basically this all applies to me too. Weird, huh?

Also, can't play CK1 at all anymore as I had a problem with it always crashing after about 15 years, so I deleted it all and went to reinstall but the installer won't work, so PI are welcome to send me CK2 a couple of weeks early if they want ;)

Oh, and I recently introduced my father (who, like me, enjoys both games and history) to CK1 and now he can't wait for the new one either...

Regardless of sex, age, location, profession, or personal interest I think it's now safe to say that CK2 players are above all patient people. :)

Vocal too, and we tend to debate alot during streams

Three, and the other one is from South Carolina. Assuming it will run on my computer! (I'm a big fan of CK1.)

45, female, majored in history, did most of a master's degree in history, had stroke.
And you're a crazy cat lady! I have 4 cats ;)

Sorry to hear about your stroke though :(

Brannart said:
Regardless of sex, age, location, profession, or personal interest I think it's now safe to say that CK2 players are above all patient people.
Now, that's the truth.

23, male, doing a PhD in medieval history.

I'm going to try and get my girlfriend, who is also a medievalist, to play this too - I know she'll love the subject matter, it's just a question of whether she takes to the interface and the mechanics (previous attempts with other games have not gone well...)

1) You have my dream life currently... studying Medieval History at PhD level ;0~~~.

2) I have the same problem with my bf with the original CK. Like I keep trying to stress the RP and character aspects of it, but he finds EU really boring so it's hard to convince him >_<. I've been trying to get him more interested in CK2 by stressing that there's a lot more "to do" or whatever, but he's still not fully biting. I'm hoping that when he sees me play it he'll be all "I WANT BE KING!!" hehe. It worked with console RPGs (his reaction when he first saw me play one was "You stand still and take it in turns to hit each other? lame", but now he absolutely loves them :D!)

Me and a couple of School friends run a furniture shop in my hometown. I have lots of spare time :cool:

I have been playing strategy games since Third Reich, Kingmaker and the excellent Gamesworkshop's Blood Royale and Warrior Knights board games were cutting edge :)
In fact waiting for CKII made me drag out my old Blood Royale box but no-one will play it :)

I discovered Paradox in about 2006 with EUII but my laptop was shit so didn't play much till I upgraded and saw PdoxLP Hearts of Iron II and CK1 let's plays on Youtube and started playing from then.

I've been a lurker here since about 2008/9

58 years old. Still a guy.

What kind of work do I do?

Retail, plumber, carpenter, mover, surveyor, truck loader, auto and small engine mechanic, HVAC tech. All from the school of hard knocks. That gets us up to 1985.

Associate degrees in Computer Maintenance and Electronic Engineering Technology, with some wanderings into Industrial Electronics and Robotics before I finally settled down.

Certified in Novell and Ironmail gateways. Classes but no certs in Microsoft Windows, Exchange and Linux. So, computer and printer hardware tech (back in the days of component-level repairs, then Network Engineer for Gold and Platinum level dealer, depending on what year we are discussing. Currently an email admin in government service, working mainly on the Ironmail Anti-spam gateways, but also helping with the GroupWise to Exchange migration.

A lover of history, reading, gardening, fishing, hunting and big dogs. I have become a big fan of Labradors in particular in recent years.

Years of Strategy and Tactics and the games associated with Simulations Publications. I stumbled across EU1 in a bargin bin and have been following Paradox ever since. CK 1 has never been my favorite game, but I did enjoy it for a while. I'm hoping that CKII will become my new favorite.

Trondheim, Norway, 17, male.
Currently studying history, philosophy, psychology, sociology and socialanthropology.
Started out with simple RTS' such as AoE:II over a decade ago, developed a further interest in history, delving deeper into the genre of grand strategy games which rather sent me in my way to my current studies. EU3 in particular.

Have made several efforts getting my girlfriend of soon 2 years interested in the genre, but she rather sees colours expand and contract as numbers increase and decrease. No luck, as you can tell, one day, though!

53 Lawyer (sorry) loved history since I was a kid, Paradox since EU. As my kids have gotten older and moved out all I could ask was "who am I gonna play with" (wife only plays Farmville).

21 years old, project leader!