• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
29, translator, used to be a lawyer, dabbled with webdesign (coded since age 13 anyway), taught languages for a while. Always been interested in the middle ages, practically grew up on legends and history. Have a soft spot for monarchy and chivalry.

30, used to be a chef, now studying behavior science now. Always had an interest in history, but it has always leaned more to the people than the accual battles and such, the intrigue is just delicious in the middle ages even from a psychological point of a view

33 years old, I'm a soldier and a part-time student studying history.

The game I had been looking for my entire life was EU, which I picked up blind at a Best Buy. Since then I've tried several PI games each one as enjoyable as the first. I never anticipated a game as much as CK. When it got stuck in development for a while and finally came out, it felt like it did not live up to it's potential, I hope that CK2 will be the game I want it to be.

23 year old and I work as a shop clerk right now. I quit school after having chosen marketing oriented education path and discovered it wasn't something I wanted to make a career of. Next year I start wrapping up my pre-university level studies so that I can apply to uni couple years from now to study world history and East Asian research. I'm also self learning Japanese atm with a goal to learn Mandarin later on.

Discovered Paradox games when I was 13 (or was it 14) through HOI1.

As expected, 90% is from the middle class with college studies, most of them study economics and history, or work as accountants or IT.

And i like games where i have power since it allows me to compesensate for being powerless in real life.
This, is my true motive after CKII.

I'm a two-decade law student

As expected, 90% is from the middle class with college studies, most of them study economics and history, or work as accountants or IT.

This, is my true motive after CKII.

I'm a two-decade law student

It's a self-selecting sample. People with good jobs like to tell everybody, those who have crap jobs might hold back.

Huh, surprised at the age of most of the people here.

Well, I am 15 years old, currently in High School going for an Advanced Regents Degree. Much more mature for my age group, or so I feel.

I love this game, simply because it is not your average strategy game. Regardless if I am playing Empire Total war, or anything of that sort, these series of games, are just quite amazing. And, I can't wait to play crusader kings.

Huh, surprised at the age of most of the people here.

Well, I am 15 years old, currently in High School going for an Advanced Regents Degree. Much more mature for my age group, or so I feel.
I was 16 when I joined this forum. Internet makes me feel old...

It's a self-selecting sample. People with good jobs like to tell everybody, those who have crap jobs might hold back.

I doubt people are as embarrassed about their crap jobs as I think you're implying. I reckon the selection is more to do with the game. Paradox games require days of investment and a keen interest in both history and economics, or at least complex systems. They don't have quite so wide an appeal as "shoot the aliens."

Also, my mail room gig is a pretty crap, albeit easy. Stay tuned for next year when I'll be a prostitute.

I doubt people are as embarrassed about their crap jobs as I think you're implying. I reckon the selection is more to do with the game. Paradox games require days of investment and a keen interest in both history and economics, or at least complex systems. They don't have quite so wide an appeal as "shoot the aliens."

Also, my mail room gig is a pretty crap, albeit easy. Stay tuned for next year when I'll be a prostitute.

Just seems a little snobbish to me to suggest that paradox make games for middle class people and the working classes are just interested in shooting games. Because obviously the intelligence required to play these kind of games isn't evident in those who do low paid jobs.

The participation is self-selecting here. What proportion of paradox game players, who read and post on the forums, who feel like telling everybody else their age and job, are employed as investment bankers?

"What proportion of paradox game players, who read and post on the forums,"

I'm saying that this is the selector-- people who read and post on the forums are more likely to have thinking-heavy jobs, or to be university students, because people on the internet are more likely to have thinking jobs or be university students. People who are interested in Paradox's games, which are not exactly the most accessible out there, are more likely to have a thinking job and be interested in economics, history, and run-on sentences. The fanbase is self-selecting, and not because people with lower-paying jobs are any dumber on average.

What I disagree with is this half-- "who feel like telling everybody else their age and job."

I'm 25, soon a master in history, with focus on the middle east. Working as a pc assistant for students and employees on my university.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.

Where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my head. It's quite breathtaking; I suggest you try it.

Shouldn't we have some kind of "chart", to see the bigger picture of this informal poll?

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.

Where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my head. It's quite breathtaking; I suggest you try it.

Dr. Evil plays Paradox games. Why am I not surprised? :laugh:

For myself, 19 year old university student majoring in history and political science. Started on Paradox by being addicted to the first CK