• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Noblejms

Captain
23 Badges
Jan 27, 2005
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
Just want to see what types of people play Crusader Kings 2. If possible, please let us know how old you are and what line of work you're in. And of course, why do you like the game?

I'll begin with myself: 27 years old, investment banker. :)

I like it because it allows me to role-play and interact with characters while potentially creating an epic story.

26 years old. Economics and history major (focus on medieval) - I work in HR compensation data. I love the Middle Ages, strategy, and role play, so this is the perfect game for me.

32 years old, community manager and quality controller (IT services)

I like it because you can "become" someone from history and create an alternate version of history based on your choices. Also because it's unlike any other game or genre I've played in my 20 years as a gamer.

I only wish it was out now so I could spend my Christmas holidays playing it :(

I'm 43 and a freelance web and graphic designer....

I've always enjoyed strategy gaming, partner that with my love of all things Medieval, CK2 seems to hit the nail on the head. Cant wait! :)

18 years old, working as a cook in kitchens.
Saving up for university, where I am interested in studying Economics.
I also study history in my spare time, but who here doesn't?

You are 3/4 economists. What does THAT mean?

Anyway, I'm a 16-years-old high school student. Studying extanded Physics, Mathematics, English, Programming and history (beside the necessary stuff to get graduation). Also- Working as a
DND DM in my free time

I play PI games for over 2 years (HOI3, VicII, EU3) and CK2 looks really awesome! PI is the only company producing Strategy games which are realistic enough to my taste. Discovered them by accident after some time as a TW fan.

I'm 62, a retired library computer systems manager.

I will play CK2 because of the period, the role-playing possibilities, the fact that 'not winning' can still be great fun, the nitty-gritty detail (will the wife be upset if the mother-in-law gets assassinated etc), and the ability to recover the situation after monumental snafus!

Roll on Feb

Mike

20 year old, unemployed, waiting for next summer, where I'll hopefully start studying history.

Been interested in history for as long as i can remember, I loved the first CK, so this was pretty much a given purchase for me :)

Hmm, I am the youngest player who has posted here yet. Anyway.. I am a 16 year old (though I become 17 in a week) history or biology student (can't make a decision). I like history so a good game that is a good history simulator entertains me. What makes Crusader kings stand out from the other paradox games are the characters and the role play.

31 yr old nature conservation biologist. Though I'm a big fan of EU3 and victoria, I didn't like CK1 that much, mostly because I felt my games turned out a bit too chaotic. CK2 still catch my interest though, mostly because I love the middle ages, and hope this version will suit me better.

16-year-old High School student. I hope to major in either pre-med or history in college (yes, I know, two very different occupations).

I have been playing Pdox games since I was 9-years old (I guess I was an unusual child), and I loved CK1 so I will be sure to get CK2 right away. Or at least as soon as I get a new computer.