• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
22 years old, about to finish a baccalaureate in philosophy and politic, currently working for the government in a call center.

Almost 37 years old, graduated in Economics and working in investment banking (more specifically, financial restructuring advisory).
Always been fond of history (particularly Middle Ages and Modern Era), videogames and role-playing, so a natural lover of EU and CK.

34 years old, partner in a small ecommerce firm. Studied history for a degree, which I've never regretted, although it has never been of the slightest use professionally :)

I've always been a strategy nut, although I was pretty late in finding Paradox games. I remember reading reviews of the first Civilization and fantasising about how awesome it was going to be to play it... CK is unique for me, with the focus on internal management. I love the mechanics of this, probably even more the mechanics than the setting.

I'm a 22 year old student, wrapping up a two majors in medieval related studies.

I usually hate "medieval" games due to being largely inaccurate and painfully cheesy (think Medieval Total War *queue vomiting sounds*). CK is the only one I can stand to look at, even though it's still got its issues.

I am a 36 year old with a BA in Economics, and I am currently getting my MBA. I generally have worked in Banking recently as a finance analyst, but trying to shift over into marketing. I also run a small publishing imprint in my spare time.
But will be unemployed in 2 weeks. :-(

Love history, war gaming and strategy, and the middle ages, a love sparked by reading about history as a youngster.

I am a 20 year old student of Computer Engineering. My main hobby is Alternate History, though, and Paradox games are awesome for both the Alt. Hist. part and the incredible moddability they have.

I am a 22 year old SAN Administrator. I work for a major company based in the united states but with offices around the world. Hoping to take advantage of that by transfering to another country in a few years.

14, and I'm just a student who loves history. I like this game, because it's Paradox, and to an extent the role playing.

28 years old, graduated in law and political philosophy, working as legal counsel for nonprofit organization engaged in consumer rights

I’ve always been interested in medieval and early modern history. I’ve enjoy CK1 probably the most of all PI games so far because its role playing dimension. CK2 is therefore obvious choice for me combining medieval settings, politics, war and scheming.

16, from Germany, Gymnasium, will study economics or law in 1,5 years

Last edited:
24, from the Netherlands. Been doing my BA in law for the last way too many years. Mostly because I spend way too much time living in my own little world, which includes way too much time spent in fantasy, Sci fi and (alternate) history.

24, from the Netherlands. Been doing my BA in law for the last way too many years. Mostly because I spend way too much time living in my own little world, which includes way too much time spent in fantasy, Sci fi and (alternate) history.

Do not despair! It took me 9 years to finish law school for the same reason (normal length is 5 in my country). After graduation I've realized that I'm perhaps the most overeducated and overqualified graduate of my year which is quite cool thing in job interviews. :laugh:

Last edited:
I'm 34, graduated with a BA in cross cultural studies. I have been making my living as an English teacher in Asia ever since graduation. I have had a life long love affair with history since I was little, my main area of interest in the Napoleonic era with a particular interest in mercenary formations of that era. CK2 is going to be the game to end all games for me, I have always loved CK1 but I hope that CK2 will surpass it.