+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What types of people are CK2 players?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkface View Post
    19, born and raised in England but studying History (European Concentration, hah!) in Canada. I have not a single idea about what I may be doing jobwise in the future.

Thanks to a cousin who introduced me at an early age, I pretty much own all the paradox games (if only I could be asked to register them) except Rome... which is a little ironic seeing as that has always been a favourite of mine. CK II and Magna Mundi are both going to be bought and I hope to find time to AAR my way through them. The role-playing keeps me coming back!
    I don't get what you mean by "if only I could be asked to register them". You can register your games by pressing "My Games" tab on the top of this forum and then just find the game/version from the list and type the cd-key in the field.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I suspect that it should be "Arsed" or something along those lines, otherwise that sentence makes no sense to me ^^
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

I'm 25 and in the military.

I like the role-play aspect of Paradox games and Crusader Kings is the best game for it.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Im 19 and a student from Denmark, I play CK which satsfies my wish to become an absolute monarch with his subjects whom i can use to rage war, and expand my territory, and because il have the ability to have peoples lives within my grip. Lives which i can destroy simply by clicking execute!
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

18 and second year High school student from Spain. Play these games because they're the perfect time killers.
    Blood And Fire NOT Fire And Blood! - A Game of Thrones AAR where Valyrians may not have such an easy time conquering Westeros! (Abandoned due to lack of interest)

The Lone Wolf - AGoT AAR (Finished!)

Second Lieutenant Zmieczemiogniem's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I am 19 years old, Linguistics major.

Have a deep interest in medieval history and love CKII because it is just the kind of strategy game I enjoy, as well as EU3.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleJms View Post
    Just want to see what types of people play Crusader Kings 2.
    Beta testers, devs, and some LP players. The rest of us will have to wait to february.
    "'The beginning of evil is heedlessness."
    -Abba Poemen, Apophthegmata Patrum

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

High School History Teacher

45 Years Old

I have always loved strategy games since the board wargames of the 1970s (Avalon Hill)

The Middle Ages is one of the time periods I am fascinated by and CKII seems to have all the elements I like in a Historical Strategy Game.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

20 years of age history major with a side order of cultural studies. I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and is rather in love with this place. I'm an avid roleplayer, leading several campaigns at once. I am also one of the organizers of one of the biggest LARPs in Sweden, the Ordaves/Granlands-campaign.

Oh, and I've been in a play once and actually been recognized when I was out doing other stuff. I've never felt so famous like right then.

I liked the first Crusader Kings and will like the second because I've always been fond of the personal side of history, as well as the "feel" of a time period. There is no other game that does either of them better than Crusader Kings, in my humble opinion.
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I am 13 years old,live in greece and love history(half of the house is filled with history books :P)
    I like this game because it combines strategy with history and nice/epic music.It also has good material for role-playing.
    (Being 13 makes me feel slighty out of place since most people are 20+ :P)
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

13 year old American 0.0 <----- most unique here.
    Wannabe Quallity assurance tester for Pdox Interactive.

21 years old from Sweden, currently working as a barista, i have played paradox games since eu2 and have always loved rpgs and strategy games, when im not conquering the world i probably rage on starcraft 2.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

19 years, studying pharmaceutical sciences. I really like strategy games, specialy the paradox ones. Its awesome have the power to change the world and build a new one, making things different. Its a total brain challenge

I'm 21 from Australia. I've just finished a BA Arts (hons) in politics and history. My honours year was in 20th century American history...So it's not really related to paradox games, but I love reading up on all history. I'm currently working in admin but on the side I occasionally write for sites like cracked.com (which has recently taken an interest in history articles.)

I've played paradox games for around two years now, and as far as games go for historical plausibility, paradox games are the best.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

20 years, Computer Engineering student.

Have an huge passion for history and nation/city building games(Civ games, old sierra's city builders,etc..) which eventually lead me to paradox.
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown Effect
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

17 years old student with an interest for history and I have been playing paradox games ever since my big brother showed me EU1 sevral years ago
    Ohh My Herregud!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A 23 y.o. who got interested in the evolution of societies and social relations several years ago. Being a computer sciences student, I enjoy computer modelling and thus happen to be naturally attracted towards sophisticated models of historical development. Like the ones offered by Paradox. Add obsessive compulsion to micro-manage, and you get the picture.

Self-proclaimed ruler of Slavs Tsar Monarchist's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Wezqu View Post
    I don't get what you mean by "if only I could be asked to register them". You can register your games by pressing "My Games" tab on the top of this forum and then just find the game/version from the list and type the cd-key in the field.
    Easy to say, but try to register EU2 or single Victoria now... He said that owns "all Paradox games except Rome", not "only the newest". He is logged in forum from July '11, so he can't register games not included here, like mentioned EU2 or single Victoria...

Belligerent and numerous fiskbulle's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultVictoria: Revolutions500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

32 years, biology student
    No!

I'm 21 old, and wish to be an architect one day...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast