+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What types of people are CK2 players?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

22 years old, about to finish a baccalaureate in philosophy and politic, currently working for the government in a call center.
    Mes AARs:
    CK: (mort à cause d'imageshack)
    EU3 NA IN: In nomine imperia(interrompu pour un temps indéfini)
    Commerce, guerre et colonies, l'Archiduché d'Autriche (1483-1540)
    CK2 : --à venir éventuellement--

« [...] Nous ne sommes pas les derniers colonisés de la terre, mais les premiers affranchis du vieux monde des États-nation. »
    « [...] We are not the last colonized of the Earth, but the first emancipated from the old world of nation-states.»
    -Pierre Elliott Trudeau, 20 mai 1980

Ammiratus ammiratorum Hastu Neon's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Almost 37 years old, graduated in Economics and working in investment banking (more specifically, financial restructuring advisory).
    Always been fond of history (particularly Middle Ages and Modern Era), videogames and role-playing, so a natural lover of EU and CK.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

34 years old, partner in a small ecommerce firm. Studied history for a degree, which I've never regretted, although it has never been of the slightest use professionally

I've always been a strategy nut, although I was pretty late in finding Paradox games. I remember reading reviews of the first Civilization and fantasising about how awesome it was going to be to play it... CK is unique for me, with the focus on internal management. I love the mechanics of this, probably even more the mechanics than the setting.

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    My lad, I have seen 20 Winters and I currently studying the Science of Computers.
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

I'm a 22 year old student, wrapping up a two majors in medieval related studies.

I usually hate "medieval" games due to being largely inaccurate and painfully cheesy (think Medieval Total War *queue vomiting sounds*). CK is the only one I can stand to look at, even though it's still got its issues.

Self-proclaimed ruler of Slavs Tsar Monarchist's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club

For about 2 weeks 22 years old This year I've got B.A. in administrative studies, continuing to Masters.

Crusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k club

I am a 36 year old with a BA in Economics, and I am currently getting my MBA. I generally have worked in Banking recently as a finance analyst, but trying to shift over into marketing. I also run a small publishing imprint in my spare time.
    But will be unemployed in 2 weeks. :-(

Love history, war gaming and strategy, and the middle ages, a love sparked by reading about history as a youngster.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic III View Post
    ...currently working for the government in a call center.
    I feel sorry... working for the Canadian government... for Mr. Harper (though I did vote for his party now 5 times)...

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am a 26 year old illustrator/graphic designer. I enjoy history and am a major strategy buff. I can't wait to role-play and lose track of time in CK2.

I am a 20 year old student of Computer Engineering. My main hobby is Alternate History, though, and Paradox games are awesome for both the Alt. Hist. part and the incredible moddability they have.
    "After Napoleon, both lieutenant and Emperor, all destinies are within this century" - Dom Camurro
    --------------------------
    "New Nations Mod" for Victoria 2
    (version 1.00 (30/10))

50 new nations for your Vicky2 game!

I am a 22 year old SAN Administrator. I work for a major company based in the united states but with offices around the world. Hoping to take advantage of that by transfering to another country in a few years.
    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn." - Warhammer
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderMagicka: Wizard Wars IMPressive FounderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

23½ year old with major in Nordic history and currently reading
    Need Teamspeak ? join 173.199.64.243:9323

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

14, and I'm just a student who loves history. I like this game, because it's Paradox, and to an extent the role playing.
    "Gentlemen, if this man [Frederick the Great] were still alive I would not be here,"
    -Napoleon Bonaparte, after defeating Prussia.

NINJA

Sometimes I think about living in different periods of history, and then I realize that there would be no Central Heating, and I stop thinking.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

23, student of Computer Science. Been playing Paradox games for, oh, since Europa Universalis.
    It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese. -- Carl Sagan

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectMount & Blade: Warband

16 year old classically taught high school student. No job or future study in mind tough.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur IIVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Praga, Caput Rei Republicae et Anus Mundi
    28 years old, graduated in law and political philosophy, working as legal counsel for nonprofit organization engaged in consumer rights

I’ve always been interested in medieval and early modern history. I’ve enjoy CK1 probably the most of all PI games so far because its role playing dimension. CK2 is therefore obvious choice for me combining medieval settings, politics, war and scheming.
    Pardon my French ... and English ... and German ... and basically any other language I am trying to speak.

"If every man was smart, then every second one of them would be complete idiot." Josef Švejk

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

16, from Germany, Gymnasium, will study economics or law in 1,5 years
    Last edited by GruenerKaktus; 25-12-2011 at 19:19.

24, from the Netherlands. Been doing my BA in law for the last way too many years. Mostly because I spend way too much time living in my own little world, which includes way too much time spent in fantasy, Sci fi and (alternate) history.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur IIVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Praga, Caput Rei Republicae et Anus Mundi
    Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post
    24, from the Netherlands. Been doing my BA in law for the last way too many years. Mostly because I spend way too much time living in my own little world, which includes way too much time spent in fantasy, Sci fi and (alternate) history.
    Do not despair! It took me 9 years to finish law school for the same reason (normal length is 5 in my country). After graduation I've realized that I'm perhaps the most overeducated and overqualified graduate of my year which is quite cool thing in job interviews.
    Last edited by VTA; 23-12-2011 at 01:02. Reason: spelling
    Pardon my French ... and English ... and German ... and basically any other language I am trying to speak.

"If every man was smart, then every second one of them would be complete idiot." Josef Švejk

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm 34, graduated with a BA in cross cultural studies. I have been making my living as an English teacher in Asia ever since graduation. I have had a life long love affair with history since I was little, my main area of interest in the Napoleonic era with a particular interest in mercenary formations of that era. CK2 is going to be the game to end all games for me, I have always loved CK1 but I hope that CK2 will surpass it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast