• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well folks, we're coming up on the Holiday season and you already know almost everything about Crusader Kings II. So instead of a regular dev diary, let's run a little Q&A session. So, let's hear those questions and Santa Claus might just answer them. :)

In CK1 you often got the choice between getting different traits to a character, by event.
I didn't play enough games to get all of these traits memorized.

Will there be a way in game to easily see what the traits give you (before you have made the choice)? Like an ingame wikipedia, or if you hold your mouse over the decision you see that this trait gives this and that.
this. This was such a pet peeve for me from CK1

Will you be notified of events that happen to your children even if they're not in your court? One thing I found annoying in CK1 was that children died while staying in another court and I wouldn't know until much later plus it was never obvious how they died.

Will you be notified of events that happen to your children even if they're not in your court? One thing I found annoying in CK1 was that children died while staying in another court and I wouldn't know until much later plus it was never obvious how they died.

and like wise will you be able to interfere in the lives of immediate family members outside of your court?

Will there be a demo for this game? I've never played Crusader Kings, and I'm curious about it before dropping money on it...

I see that you've purchased and enjoyed EU3. From the hours of videos of people playing the game on YouTube that I've watched... I've come to the conclusion that if you enjoyed EU3, then CK2 will be like mind-sex.