+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 266

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Dev Diary 23 - Christmas Q&A

  1. #201
    Colonel liamgamer55's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesRome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Melbournoweenie
    Posts
    1,035
    Are there bearded ladies?
    If there's any doubt about the meaning of my posts in a serious discussion then I think both sides are equally wrong because then I get to claim the moral highground.

  2. #202
    are there Dragons in Sweden ? if so are there Dragon-born in Sweden as well?
    Wannabe Quallity assurance tester for Pdox Interactive.

  3. #203
    Absent Minded Orinsul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,959
    i think ive missed this, but
    Do bastards count for alliances when they marry?

    Can you change primary title? i.e. if you have two equal level titles can you change which one the game calls you by?
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

    Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

  4. #204
    Courtier Sam L's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At court in Melun, Paris
    Posts
    1,434
    Can you marry people in your court who are not from your dynasty? It was always frustrating how you couldn't marry people off who weren't from your dynasty.
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

  5. #205
    General Taiisatai64's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boganville, Australia
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    Can you marry people in your court who are not from your dynasty? It was always frustrating how you couldn't marry people off who weren't from your dynasty.
    I'm fairly sure you can, from what I've watched.

  6. #206
    1.) How would something like Henry II's troubles with Thomas Beckett work out in-game? I would imagine that just being able to sack him as your Court Chaplain would be anti-climactic, so would certain rulers of bishoprics be able to interfere with your realm via event?

    2.) How do monarchies like that of Isabella and Ferdinand or William and Mary function? Would each ruler be in charge of their separate realm with any possible heir coming to rule both at the time their parents die?

    3.) Is parentage readily apparent for all bastards? Or can a character have a hidden bastard trait given at birth that can be found out? Or can certain characters that fall within certain parameters be potentially changed to bastards?

  7. #207
    Is the non-playable Muslims/pagans limitation hardcoded, or is it moddable?

  8. #208
    General Bloodmerchant's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    吳越明州府
    Posts
    2,111
    Would there be culture subgroups within culture groups? As an example:

    Caucasian
    -NWCaucasian
    --Abghazian
    --Georgian
    --Ossetian/Alan
    -SECaucasian
    --Armenian
    --Aghbanian (Caucasian Albanian)

    Byzantine
    -ByzantineSlavic
    --Bulgarian
    --Serbian
    -Hellenic
    --Greek
    --Arvanite (Balkan Albanian)
    -Vlach
    --Vlach
    Last edited by Bloodmerchant; 24-12-2011 at 04:56.

  9. #209
    Ceteris Paribus Nuril's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmerchant View Post
    Would there be culture subgroups within culture groups?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    Culture groups exist, just like in EU3.
    Yes, though I don't know if your tree-format is supposed to imply if there exists "Culture Group -> Culture -> Subculture" divisions to add more complexity to it (and what would the gameplay difference be?). If that's the case then Doomdark's "just like in EU3" would imply that it's "Culture Group -> Culture", but maybe it was just to illustrate the point. I really don't think so, though.

  10. #210
    do the Mongols have an option to demand regular tribute as part of a peace offering?

    Will there be events when lieges randomly demand new tribute from their vassals?

    Merry Christamass and happy Holidays to all the people at Paradox!

  11. #211
    The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

    77

    200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    29,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post

    Can you change primary title? i.e. if you have two equal level titles can you change which one the game calls you by?
    If you have two equal level titles, you can change your primary title by moving your capital so that it is within the other de-jure title.

  12. #212
    1. Will we see Stacks of Doom once again?
    2. Will we see "Combat width" or similar limiting factor as in Vic2?
    3. How severe attrition will be for large armies?
    4. Is there any mechanic to simplify macromanagement when your empire will grow to blob-size?
    5. Will CK2 engine be used as a template for Europa Universalis IV?

  13. #213
    The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

    77

    200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    29,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    Can you marry people in your court who are not from your dynasty? It was always frustrating how you couldn't marry people off who weren't from your dynasty.
    See this

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    You only control the marriages of characters in your court. Once you give them land, they are on their own. This mechanic is subject to change however.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsidius View Post
    1.) 2.) How do monarchies like that of Isabella and Ferdinand or William and Mary function? Would each ruler be in charge of their separate realm with any possible heir coming to rule both at the time their parents die?
    The two examples are not the same. While Isabella and Ferdinand termed themselves Queen and King of Spain (to the disgust of the King of Portugal) their kingdoms were still separate and each was merely the consort in the other's kingdom. When Isabella died Juana succeded her in Castile and Ferdinand was relegated to Aragon where he tried to spawn a male heir my remarrying. Had he produced a son with his second wife Germaine de Foix the Kingdoms would have split apart. As it is the early death of Juana's husband Felipe I and Juana's descent into insanity allowed Ferdinand to claim the regency and pass all the kingdoms to his grandson. That would simulate what happens in CK II.

    William and Mary is entirely different in that William was actually joint monarch and refused to be merely King consort. This required modifying the succession to allow William to remain King after Mary's death in preference to the heir, Mary's sister Anne (With James II and his son and daughter with Mary of Modena excluded) William was next in line after Anne and her kids due to his descent from the oldest daughter of Charles I. As far as the stadholdership, Mary had no claims on it and since they never had a son the claim to the stadholdership passed to William's distant cousin (as would be in CKII if you can mod the creation of the republic). I don't think the game supports a joint monarchy.

    I saw a sample game where the King of England appears to marry the duchess of Aragon who is vassal to the King of Leon (and engages in hanky panky with her liege)). The two realms seem separate



    Quote Originally Posted by Parsidius View Post
    3.) Is parentage readily apparent for all bastards? Or can a character have a hidden bastard trait given at birth that can be found out? Or can certain characters that fall within certain parameters be potentially changed to bastards?
    In EU Rome you were told at child's birth. In CK DV you had an event that notified you that one of your children may be a bastard, but that game merely added a bastard trait and did not change the parent.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by rashtrakut View Post
    The two examples are not the same. While Isabella and Ferdinand termed themselves Queen and King of Spain (to the disgust of the King of Portugal) their kingdoms were still separate and each was merely the consort in the other's kingdom. When Isabella died Juana succeded her in Castile and Ferdinand was relegated to Aragon where he tried to spawn a male heir my remarrying. Had he produced a son with his second wife Germaine de Foix the Kingdoms would have split apart. As it is the early death of Juana's husband Felipe I and Juana's descent into insanity allowed Ferdinand to claim the regency and pass all the kingdoms to his grandson. That would simulate what happens in CK II.

    William and Mary is entirely different in that William was actually joint monarch and refused to be merely King consort. This required modifying the succession to allow William to remain King after Mary's death in preference to the heir, Mary's sister Anne (With James II and his son and daughter with Mary of Modena excluded) William was next in line after Anne and her kids due to his descent from the oldest daughter of Charles I. As far as the stadholdership, Mary had no claims on it and since they never had a son the claim to the stadholdership passed to William's distant cousin (as would be in CKII if you can mod the creation of the republic). I don't think the game supports a joint monarchy.

    I saw a sample game where the King of England appears to marry the duchess of Aragon who is vassal to the King of Leon (and engages in hanky panky with her liege)). The two realms seem separate
    I actually had not realized that Ferdinand and Isabella were not regnant in both kingdoms, but from what I'd seen I hadn't thought that spouses could be incorporated into the succession like William III was. But actually, I think that might answer my question, that the realms in either case would remain independent when two king-tier rulers marry and their kingdoms might be united under their heir (but might not.)

    In EU Rome you were told at child's birth. In CK DV you had an event that notified you that one of your children may be a bastard, but that game merely added a bastard trait and did not change the parent.
    I remembered that in CK, and it was kind of annoying when one of your kids got outed as a bastard (although TBH that should be expected.) But I think it would be more realistic not to be certain at birth, since in fact it was not always clear and such things could be obfuscated; kind of want to see how this aspect is implemented in CK2.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsidius View Post
    I actually had not realized that Ferdinand and Isabella were not regnant in both kingdoms, but from what I'd seen I hadn't thought that spouses could be incorporated into the succession like William III was.
    William III is a special case because he was very close to the succession in his own right, and had the English followed the morganatic marriage rules of the continent (May and Anne were the daughters of James II and Anne Hyde) he would have been next in line.

    There are however a couple of prominent examples where the spouse did get incorporated into the sucession, in the cases of the daughters of Louis I of Hungary and Poland. Maria of Hungary married Sigismund of Luxembourg who inherited the Hungarian crown on her death in suspicious circumstances during her pregnancy. Sigismund's second wife was from the Hungarian nobility and their daughter was his heiress. Her sister Jadwiga of Poland married Jogaila of Lithuania in exchange for converting the last pagan state of Europe to christianity (and he took the name Wladislaw II) and he remained king after she died in childberth - however Wladislaw found it advisable to take his next two wives from Piast bloodline until his 4th marriage broke the norm in the desperate attempt to spawn an heir (producing two sons).

  17. #217
    My question requires an introduction

    Let's say there is ruler which has no male heirs, and he has a brother which is first in succession queue. What happens when ruler dies without male heir but his wife is pregnant ? Will the realm be inherited by brother, or the inheritance will be suspended until the baby is born ?

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrol View Post
    My question requires an introduction

    Let's say there is ruler which has no male heirs, and he has a brother which is first in succession queue. What happens when ruler dies without male heir but his wife is pregnant ? Will the realm be inherited by brother, or the inheritance will be suspended until the baby is born ?
    Would be great if they can script a regency like for Jean I the posthumus or Alfonso XIII

  19. #219
    1) Exactly how close are you allowed to marry your family, or is it not restricted like it was in CK?

    2) Is it still highly expensive with little to no reward to go on Crusades?

    3) I've been hearing about randomized counts/dukes, would it be possible to mod in a scenario in which almost everything is randomized, including the Count, Duke, King, and Empire boarders?

  20. #220
    Private Darkhour's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultMagickaMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    14
    is my question on p.10 still going to be answered? seems it was missed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts