• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Count of Reval

Colonel
7 Badges
Apr 14, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • 200k Club
I have one totally ignorant question to ask: Does CORE have a winter equipment (or doctrine) somehow represented or simulated in game?

(I haven't dared actually to take a peek at CORE yet - but I have heard it's the most realistic HoI mod available. Is it true?)

1. Yes, two levels: 1940 and 1944 with additional bonuses possible for mountain troops if you specialize in winter warfare (rather than, err, mountain warfare). Keep in mind that a lot of the motorization/mechanization events *reduce* winter performance!

2. I certainly think so, although I'm not a fan of the land doctrine tree truth be told, it's too abstracted versus (e.g.) the air doctrines. Still, by far the best mod I've found!

Thanks! It's an encouraging information and confirmation. Should give it a try in near future...

Thanks, Hister! I think my first impression will probably be an extreme confusion.

CORE rocks! I heartily recommend it.

Though I probably enjoy it more because I'm not above making my own personal sub-mods to increase enjoyment (such as changing Spain to semi-industrial to be able to build tanks and contribute properly to WWII).