+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Victoria 2 for Mac

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries

Victoria 2 for Mac

I've been going around making Wineskin tutorials both on this website and WineHQ on how to run Paradox games on Mac using Windows installers (since the Mac versions of the games are incredibly overpriced).

So, I got the game to install and run fine, but there is no sound whatsoever. I was wondering if you folks could inform me on what .dll's might be required for sound in this game.
    I currently am running the game just using the "dotnet20" and "vcrun2010" .dll's. I tried using a native "quartz" .dll for audio on a whim, as well as the old "MaxShadowSize = 0" registry trick under DirectSound, but both proved to not avail.

Any input from anyone who's more skilled on Wine applications would be appreciated.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

I'm not going to help you but I love wine, but at times it isn't stable and buggy. I understand some games work better but I think I spent 6 hours trying to get Men of War to work, which I did, but I'd rather shell out the extra 10 bucks to have it in a native file, then to potentially have problems with something.

I mean I get that you probably enjoy developing.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    The Virtual Programming ports, in fact, run much slower than just using the Windows version in a Winewrapper. I think that makes it worth the effort.

Europa III runs at least three times faster in the Wineskin.

But all of this is besides the point, as I'm only looking for how to get audio to work.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Im sure there was a big thread i read about this versy same thing, and you were in it... i feel like Dorothy
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

+ Reply to Thread