• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes Bornego, but Germany can easily win without invasion of UK and naval forces.

With India taken, UK is sad sight to see. Manpower down to 20 (usually the same as Italy), deficit of all resources which should be imported from USA (vulnerable to convoys), and quite heavy unity hit due to lost provinces. Germany can do: Strategic bombing, convoy intercept or just build 20 divisions of paratroopers. That is, if rockets are forbidden as V1/V2 can bring unity to 0 in no time. Oh, and spies. UK without India in long term, not feasible.

Let's see what next session brings, I do think it will end game probably.

It's sad that India is already so important economically-wise, yet many players still ignore it in MP and Japan conquers it easily. This European "all-or-nothing" strategy suxx makes no sense from RL standpoint.

But how you can see to handle multiple fronts as UK? 1 front - 1 enemy
Defend France(vs GER), Africa(vs ITA), Asia(vs JAP)? Don't divide your forces but to mass in a steel fist is only way to win.
If GER will (historically) move at the start of Barbarossa 1/4 of their forces to defend Norway,Greece and France ,what will be situation on East Front?

Also i wonder how many surplus manpower now GER have? With too many provinces, strategic effect and propably 1948 technology i bet on +70:)

I agree with Thanik in respect of having "a steel fist".

I also wrote before that the biggest exploit in this game was Japan's attack on the Allies and the Soviets without declaring war on the USA. Britain's subsequent exploits were just a desperate attempt to revert inevitable.

I disagree that the USA was too weak to do anything. With the lowest economy laws until 1941 January, the USA controlled by human player from February 1940 can build forty 1940 level divisions plus numerous aircraft. If Japan attacked the USA in April 1940 the USA would have had probably sixty divisions by January 1941.

Britain cause a lot of trouble with 30 divisions what would have been with 90 divisions and two players?

I disagree that the USA was too weak to do anything. With the lowest economy laws until 1941 January, the USA controlled by human player from February 1940 can build forty 1940 level divisions plus numerous aircraft. If Japan attacked the USA in April 1940 the USA would have had probably sixty divisions by January 1941.

Britain cause a lot of trouble with 30 divisions what would have been with 90 divisions and two players?

You're assuming USA wouldn't build vessels to fight back Japan. Or USA would not use his divisions in the Pacific. Otherwise, building troops you can't deploy against Japan because you can't protect your transports ain't worth it.

You're assuming USA wouldn't build vessels to fight back Japan. Or USA would not use his divisions in the Pacific. Otherwise, building troops you can't deploy against Japan because you can't protect your transports ain't worth it.

The USA has hundreds of ships including CVs and BBs. They have also 20 or so Transports. Besides AI builds ships in good numbers. The USA lacks only army not navy.

The USA has hundreds of ships including CVs and BBs. They have also 20 or so Transports. Besides AI builds ships in good numbers. The USA lacks only army not navy.

I just came out of an MP game where I was playing USA and were we won over the Axis.

You start USA with 3 CV and 2 in the production queue. You clearly don't have enough to beat a player. You can roll over AI, but not a player. You have BB but they are either class I or II, e.g. they won't stand a chance in a gun to gun battle against IJN. Your CL are ok, but lack range. Your DD are mostly class I and II, e.g. their are nice as blockading fleet, recon fleet or toys in your bathub. Seriously, of the almost 100 ships you start with, only 20 are usefull. True, you have 24 cargos. So you can transport troops... as long as you can get those transprot near Japan shores. Which bring us back to my comment: either you beat IJN, or you won't be able to win against Japan.

So, the number you are putting on the table can't be produced in an MP game where your Japanese foe knows how to play his fleet. Current Japanese player showed mixed results with IJN so far. Maybe the US player took note, maybe not. But even if IJN did some mistakes early with the IJN, he was able to build up his doctrines since then... So, unless USA built a fleet to get down IJN, he won't get trough and, by having a fleet, this means he can't align the 60 divisions you are talking about.

But I agree with you on one point: USA is not weak. He can hit Japan and clearly break him within 9 to 12 months.

Sure, but Japan is a secondary power. The rest of the Axis would be glad if the USA was fighting Japan, not Germany. Fortunately for the Allies, Germany no longer has a navy, so the USA may safely use the bulk of its fleet in the Pacific and still send troops to Europe. You don't need many troops against Japan, because the frontline will be rather narrow and constrained by supply availability. The only exceptions are the Philippines, India and Japan itself.

AI USA concentrates on Navy. By the time players takes over the USA has 17 BBs !!, 6 CVs, 18 CAs, 58 screens and subs, and 25 TP. Player does not need to build any more navy to hack on Japan.

If these ships are not ridiculously outdated, then you may be correct, although 6 CVs may be too little, depending on what Japan has. IJN's performance hasn't been very impressive so far in this game.

How effective could be a strategy of avoiding naval combat and waiting for transport ships to come, and then attack them en masse, to cripple invasions? Applicable to all Axis members.

Hoping the Brits have another glorious invasion in the making to save the SU from the brink! Come on Tommies!

I´ll see what I can do.

I don't watch soap operas, but I follow this AAR.

A big thank you to the Captain and his compatriots for making this enjoyable AAR, for me the idea of having a main narrative PLUS the "other side of the hill" is too good to be true.

Now we hold our breath waiting for the other players to chip in on the latest devolpments.

Sadly, I only have one or two screenshots. I have an unfortunate habit of forgetting to take screenshots in the heat of battle. So, I´ll wait until CptEasys next update to make a more meaty update.

I gotta say i stopped reading after i saw those gamey tactics performed by the Brits. But im glad i hear the Axis prevailed and looks like the big boot is coming to stomp on Britain! YES!

I´m glad that our readers are pleased.

But how you can see to handle multiple fronts as UK? 1 front - 1 enemy
Defend France(vs GER), Africa(vs ITA), Asia(vs JAP)? Don't divide your forces but to mass in a steel fist is only way to win.
If GER will (historically) move at the start of Barbarossa 1/4 of their forces to defend Norway,Greece and France ,what will be situation on East Front?

It's sad that India is already so important economically-wise, yet many players still ignore it in MP and Japan conquers it easily. This European "all-or-nothing" strategy suxx makes no sense from RL standpoint.

This was kind of how I was thinking as well. If I had fought the IJN over control of the seas, I belive that I would not have enough fleet power to keep control of the med and Home Islands. If so, I could have gotten a real headache- Not being able to get my troops home from India would have made me totally impotent.

Can people stop discussion about how brits are playing gamey, imo it's just ger fault not to have proper reservers on western front.

Someone forgot about USA just looking and doing nothing, when world is falling apart...

The thing about reserves is true but it is gamey however to have the guarantee of being able to retreat all troops on ships without any problems if things get messed up. Especially brigades like armor, mot or mec should have large handicaps for quickly reloading on ships and getting out of there. In my opinion invasions should be carefully planned and executed in order to maintain a beachhead and not some hit and run tactic that historically makes no sense at all.

If allied players can secure that Axis will not land in US's/British mainland (and Panama,Suez,Giblartar) they can skip japanese threat. Even if they can defeat japs in 3 months it's waste of time/troops and clicking.
Maybe they release 10-20 divisions of militia/crapiest inf for SU and nothing else.

I think main priority should be Germany, if you say Brits have Air supremacy what could be done when they add Uber-IC aircraft from USA. If they have plenty of Transport(to supply from London),and plenty of Strategic(to logistic bomb.) they can achieve what is called "General Winter of East Front" in West Germany...

But remember

USA is in peace yet

Edit:And if you see a trool,skip his post

Can people stop discussion about how brits are playing gamey, imo it's just ger fault not to have proper reservers on western front.

Other people have a different opinion, you could as well stop coming back again and again with your point of view. May be the discussion would die down eventually?

I have thought over my latest posts and Italys strategy. And I think, that I have to re-guess ;-) Indeed, if CptEasy is building up a nice fleet, Italy doesnt have many IC to spare, specially when they start-year is 38. That explains why there are not many italian troops around.

The situation at the moment looks like SU is about to surrender without USA being even at war. BUT, if the Allys Players won't freak (meaning: quit the game) out because of the SU, it still can be a very very intense game. The Axis cant invade britain with KM and RM nearly gone (but maybe this is the reason CptEasy isnt showing up with anything else: that he is preparing an invasion fleet). But it is also very hard for US and UK to invade Europe, when no troops are needed in the east.
I cant see a winner at the moment. IF germany and italy are able to rebuild their fleets and invade UK, then its game over Allies. On the otherhand, if US is entering war soon enough they can (as I stated before) completely ignore Japan and ship all their troops to UK and then to the mainland. But even that is no assurance that they will win.

So, overall: I think Axis is on the upperhand now, but its not decided yet.

Very nice game so far! And I my compliments for the steady, limited but very threatening offensives by Zid. Nice work! Especially with Romania

I doubt the Allies can ignore Japan. The Japanese player has had lots of time and won lots of ground and resources. He'll have no problems sending resources into his factories and churn out a good number of units / ships / constructions etc. He'll also have sufficient leadership to have is fleets being a real challenge for the Allies. Moreover, if the US are busy in Europe, Japan can stab them in the back OR reinforce the Euro-Axis OR lead the battle for Britain (=Sealion)

Moreover, if the US are busy in Europe, Japan can stab them in the back OR reinforce the Euro-Axis OR lead the battle for Britain (=Sealion)
Japan is nowhere near Suez and the RN has proven that it is capable of repelling the attacks of the IJN, so I think that Japan is not as big a threat as one might think when looking at the map. Supply constraints would make it very hard for the Japanese to conquer Iraq and Suez.

Just a reminder again, keep the discussion off the game rules as such, also maybe try and think that if you have said the same thing multiple times it is maybe failing to convince other readers? And finally, and this really should not be neccessary even to say it, no insulting of other posters ... keep your disagreements polite