• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It looks like the Axis will fight the US with the Bear not there to pester them. I wonder if plans to take UK out are being prepared already?

I think the Russian player explained it earlier in the thread. He said something along the lines of the German player just pushing too quickly for him to retreat in good order, which meant he couldn't bleed the German dry enough to have any great effect. The Romanian AI giving up should have been enough to help, given that the Axis lost a lot of manpower in the south, but apparently it wasn't enough.

Possibly the most balanced of all your games so far; loving it again from the captain!

The Axis certainly hold the major advantage now and are looking the likely winners.
HOWEVER - There are two major issues from an Axis point of view that could prove to be...tough to overcome:
1) From what I can tell, the soviet player has managed to keep the majority of the red army alive, or at least a substantial bulk anyway. It seems inevitable that bitter peace will fire, in which case this army will get to retreat to safe areas once more. There's nothing preventing a march on Moscow from the USSR at a later date ASAP, providing 2) is used wisely by the Allies.
2) The US, I think, is close to joining the allies I believe? Combine this with the fact that most Axis forces are currently in the east, the UK player has not lost naval supremacy, and still has substantial ground forces that are large enough to do more than just localised operations, it would be wise to predict that a Sea Lion is not possible before US forces do join the fray. If the US immediately puts pressure on JAP to ensure that Russia is not under such huge pressure from the far east again, and dedicates remaining forces to a battle in France, the Axis would once more be put on a 2 front war, and the outcome, again, becomes uncertain...

Looking forward to seeing what happens next, keep up the fun! :)

I don't watch soap operas, but I follow this AAR.

A big thank you to the Captain and his compatriots for making this enjoyable AAR, for me the idea of having a main narrative PLUS the "other side of the hill" is too good to be true.

Now we hold our breath waiting for the other players to chip in on the latest devolpments.

Wow, it's like pressure release from a dam.

Possibly the most balanced of all your games so far; loving it again from the captain!

The Axis certainly hold the major advantage now and are looking the likely winners.
HOWEVER - There are two major issues from an Axis point of view that could prove to be...tough to overcome:
1) From what I can tell, the soviet player has managed to keep the majority of the red army alive, or at least a substantial bulk anyway. It seems inevitable that bitter peace will fire, in which case this army will get to retreat to safe areas once more. There's nothing preventing a march on Moscow from the USSR at a later date ASAP, providing 2) is used wisely by the Allies.
2) The US, I think, is close to joining the allies I believe? Combine this with the fact that most Axis forces are currently in the east, the UK player has not lost naval supremacy, and still has substantial ground forces that are large enough to do more than just localised operations, it would be wise to predict that a Sea Lion is not possible before US forces do join the fray. If the US immediately puts pressure on JAP to ensure that Russia is not under such huge pressure from the far east again, and dedicates remaining forces to a battle in France, the Axis would once more be put on a 2 front war, and the outcome, again, becomes uncertain...

Looking forward to seeing what happens next, keep up the fun! :)

Once Bitter peace fires, the Russians do have a lot of troops, but their national unity is very low and they'll have very few leadership and economy left to sustain their forces. Upgrading the Red hordes will create a gigantic strain on the USSR economy and Russia will have next to no ports left to trade with the Allies. They'll continue to exist as a force but they'll not be the threating avalance they were at the start of the war. Besides, Bitter Peace should trigger a non-agression-pact between Axis and Communists. I am not sure how they can break it.

During the first few months it's not possible to break a NAP at all. It should be sufficient to deal with the Allies. Besides, it is possible that the Allied players will simply surrender much sooner than that.

Now release the USA beast and let this great AAR go on for another 30 pages, please :D

I think that some readers are overestimating the importance of the USA in 1941 and the first half of 1942. In most cases the American units will be no match for their Axis counterparts unless somebody has been playing the USA right from the start. Relatively poor techs, low number of units in 1941 and time required for transportation make the USA less significant during the mid-war period than one might expect. They shine during the late-war period and since MP games rarely go that far...

The US player should be able to give the Japanese hell, but then, Japan is not the most important Axis country - Germany is.

We all want a long game, but I expect that after this one is concluded, there will be more!

I gotta say i stopped reading after i saw those gamey tactics performed by the Brits. But im glad i hear the Axis prevailed and looks like the big boot is coming to stomp on Britain! YES!

I saw that there are no house rules regarding an Invasion of Britain. Will Germany be able to just invade Britain if it has the option?? If Germany can't invade the British Isles this could be very interesting, Germany and Italy could start nipping at the British in the Med and North Africa. I predict that Germany's next move will be to protect Fortress Europe's coast from British Commando raids and then to retake Spain and quite possibly take Gibraltar from the British, this would then give the Italians security in the Med. As long as Britain can stand defiant in the face of a German occupied Europe until the Americans can arrive in force, the world may feel the rays of democracy on there flesh soon enough.

Granted we have no idea how the supply situation in Russia looks for the Germans but from CptEasy's report it certainly looks as if a bitter peace is around the corner. I just hope the players don't/didn't stop the game at that point.

With Birtish naval and air supremacy, Germany and Italy are in no position to take out England in the short term. This should give the US enough time to catch up tech-wise and expand their army.
Obviously Germany will shift it's research and recruitment focus if the USSR falls but it will take a lot of time for them to put a seizable navy on the water. This should give the US and Britain enough time to break Japan. Sink its fleet, conquer the Pacific islands and then land on Japan's home islands. Japan will be just as crippled as the USSR after losing it's industrial base. After that it's a 2:2 fight. And one of the two remaining Axis nations is called Italy (I mean no offense against the country or its people but in this game it is weak). Which really makes it two against one and a half.

My money is still on the Allies (provided they don't get shocked into quitting when/if Russia falls).