• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's funny but this seems to be the most balanced of your games so far. Perhaps the Allies really need to be allowed to use cheesy/smart landing tactics.

The advance to Moscow seems stopped and the Red Army is still in a halfway decent shape. Probably only a matter of time before they start to counterattack. Their are so many salients in the German frontline just waiting to be turned into encirclements ...

The Japanese progress isn't that impressive. To me their empire rather looks badly overextended. Once the Americans get into the game, Japan will be in a hairy situation.

I wonder what Zids next move is going to be? It seems time to pull out of France and strike somewhere else (the element of surprise is long gone and the offensive there has lost momentum). A landing in Southern Persia/Paktsian could yield great results sacking the Japanese troops crossing the Caucasus. But somehow I doubt Zid is going to leave the Germans alone. Granting them breathing space would be a mistake. But with the French coastline gone, the number of easy targets isn't that long anymore: Denmark? The Netherlands? Italy (which CptEasy appears to keep well defended)? I am starting to think it is going to be Northern Germany ...

IMO the Axis has the upper hand. It's August, so the weather is bound to be good. Italy is still in the game and the British are busy in France. They can be an annoyance at best, because they lack forces to conduct several operations at once.
Last but not least, even if Moskow has not fallen yet, the supplies for the southern fronts have to be transported in an arc already. If the German army can narrow that front down even more, supply troughput limitations will result in a lack of supplies, possibly across the whole front. This in itself could spell the end of the Soviet forces.
Russia should pull out of the Caucasus sideshow and try to mount counterattacks on the southern Wehrmacht advance. If this is not possible, a defense in depth further north should be established. At the very least, it'd do something to allviate the impending supply problem and slow the Axis down, hopefully buying enough time for the Brits to do something useful and / or for the USA to join the fight.

just read through the whole AAR in one go.
very entertaining. very epic.
I think the only real-life empire bigger than the Japanese would have been the Mongol empire stretching all the way to modern Riga.
Can the UK keep up the pressure enough in France? All those SU VPs don't matter when Germany would get overrun.
Now I know why I never play MP: I'd be taken out in a heartbeat.
impressive.

Back on topic - Caucasus is lost. Soviets have 2-3 divs there, but they can't hold Japanese. Soviets should start thinking about defense of Stalingrad against Japanese.
As for West side defense, best bets for forming defensive positions are behind rivers.

Probably Germany is already encountering some supply problems, so sending back some troops to France seems obvious.

the caucasus is lost with the persian army , and Moskva is about to fall too ...
seems SU will fall before USA can enter the war!

Can't wait for the next update to see what happens.

/me prays the US doesn't get involved before USSR surrender.

If/when the US joins the war, where should its first blow fall? I think they need to put more immediate pressure on Germany with an attack on Denmark/notherrn Germany to pose a direct threat to the enemy or at least open up a route to the main battles in Russia. This fighting in France is useful, but it won't distract enough Germans because it isn't possible to win decisively in the short run even if you liberate all of France. A return to the Black Sea coast would also present an interesting target since the Germans will be eager to redeploy all the troops who conquered Romania to more useful purposes. The Japanese empire will have to wait until Russia is partially stabilized before they face an American onslaught I think.

But if I were Japan, I would be ready to seize as much of the US holdings in the Pacific as I thought possible in the first few weeks of the war. Don't let the US ignore you. A few weeks distraction might give the European Axis enough time to cripple the Russians (if they haven't done so already).

My strategy as US at this stage would be quite simple: Load 2 - 3 armies, ship them to france/northern germany, unload them and rush to berlin. Imho the defeence in France is way too low. They hardly created a stalement against the UK, which doesnt have a dreadfully large army. So you can assume, that northern germany/denmark istn defended well at all.
Imho you can ignore the Japs for now, as long as you hold some important bases in the pacific. And even if you'll loose them: If you have some new CVs and CLs with long-range upgrades, it wouldnt matter that much at all.
Its all or nothing for the Axis, the bear must fall. Otherwise, at leats I think so, a huge D-Day is coming up and possibly will cripple gemrany faster than they are approaching in the east.

What brings me to the next point: I am really wondering what Cpt Easy is doing all the time. I saw one Corps in russia, which (at the latest screens) is sitting out of supply in his new colony. Is every beach-province in italy filled up with troops? There is no sign of other offensive activities, neither land nor naval. So, as long as CptEasy didnt build his Airforce up all the time, there must be a huge bulk of Italiens sitting around somewhere. My guess is, that its not only defedning italys homeland. I think, that he created a hidden defensive line somewhere in germany for the possible d-day.
On the other hand, there werent many Italian troops in france when UK hit it. So, I may be wrong. But it's just a guess.

I'm really looking forward for the next updates. Thanks for the great AAR

My strategy as US at this stage would be quite simple: Load 2 - 3 armies, ship them to france/northern germany, unload them and rush to berlin. Imho the defeence in France is way too low. They hardly created a stalement against the UK, which doesnt have a dreadfully large army. So you can assume, that northern germany/denmark istn defended well at all.

True, but a stalemate in France is probably exactly what the Axis wants right now. They know where the mobile UK divisions are, but there is no immediate threat to any core areas. I have to assume that when US entry is closer, they will greatly increase their reserve force on the West front.

Imho you can ignore the Japs for now, as long as you hold some important bases in the pacific. And even if you'll loose them: If you have some new CVs and CLs with long-range upgrades, it wouldnt matter that much at all.
Its all or nothing for the Axis, the bear must fall. Otherwise, at leats I think so, a huge D-Day is coming up and possibly will cripple gemrany faster than they are approaching in the east.

Yeah true that, but is there TIME to get Americans fighting on European soil? Will Moscow hold or will the field gray tide wash further East for land and glory? Answer me, damn it! :p

Still a highly exciting game, can't wait to see what excitement the next chapter has in store.

If Germany is building any new troops, they are surely deploying them in Germany proper/West.
I know that for strategic reasons you can't tell, but seeing German build queue would be interesting.

Italian not so much, as they probably build only infantry :)

What brings me to the next point: I am really wondering what Cpt Easy is doing all the time. I saw one Corps in russia, which (at the latest screens) is sitting out of supply in his new colony. Is every beach-province in italy filled up with troops? There is no sign of other offensive activities, neither land nor naval. So, as long as CptEasy didnt build his Airforce up all the time, there must be a huge bulk of Italiens sitting around somewhere. My guess is, that its not only defedning italys homeland. I think, that he created a hidden defensive line somewhere in germany for the possible d-day.
On the other hand, there werent many Italian troops in france when UK hit it. So, I may be wrong. But it's just a guess.

^ This.

Yes, normally I lurk, but I am one lurking mofo and I've kept up with the CPT Easy MP saga over the year or 2.

Ever since Spain I have been wondering what the hell the Italians have been up to. Surely they have more than a corps on the east front and a couple corps on the west front. If he spends all his resources doing nothing but defending himself, why did he join the Axis? :)

On the other hand, I've read enough AARs to know that CPTEasy is an aggressive and formidable player, which is why I kept my peace, watched, and waited. But I feel like it's been awhile, so when I saw a kindred spirit asking the question nobody has asked, I decided to weigh in.

Hm, so I guess I am not the only one wondering :)
Maybe CptEasy is coming up with a surprise landing with a full marine-army or something like that ;-) I can understand that little information is given away, so the opponents also havent a clue whats going on. But the game must be at a stage now, where it doesnt matter much what Cpt did all the time.

So, Cpt: Enlighten us! I guess I can speak for most of us when I say: we are terribly curious!

I bet on multi axis amhibious attack on american soil,when yankees make D-day in Europe...
This will be a epic:)

I predict that the Italians are going the fortress Italy route, this much is obvious, but from the Italian response to the British taking islands in the Med my bet is that they have forces on stand by to make sure that Sardinia and Corsica do not fall, if they did this would mean that the Allies would be able to project allot more of their air power over a much larger chunk of Italy. Malta is all ready giving the Allies a chance to bomb Sicily and Southern Italy but the opportunity to take it has in my opinion passed.