+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnage Al Dente - A CptEasy multiplayer AAR

isn't 1938 scenario start on sept the only 1938 scenario?
    "Never has so much been surrendered by so many to so few"
    -British opinion of the Italian army in North Africa during WW2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

The 1938 scenario starts on Sept. 1st.

Field Marshal
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Ah, Italy the coolest underdog.
    Theoretically Africa can be defended, in one of previous games with German support Italy even captured Suez.
    But it is "all or nothing" approach which has to be decided early and Germany has to support Italy in this endeavour.
    Immortal CAGs are making this approach much harder and hence most players drop out of Africa. Or go through Turkey for Suez.

Turkey should be the third target after yugo and greece
    "Never has so much been surrendered by so many to so few"
    -British opinion of the Italian army in North Africa during WW2

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour

Following this one as well. Your AARs are amazing.

Nice to see a new MP AAR from you CptEasy, always a good read.

The Italian navy will never be a match for the Royal Navy, but it can do decent if played well. Looking forward to what you can achieve with it. One of the strongest Italy plays I have seen in MP has been a combination of an infantry army backed up by a huge air force, the latter is very important in FTM because of the air base rules (planes lose org on rebase). With this in mind, using CAG's from land bases can be a viable strategy for Italy, if they can afford the officers to research air launched torpedo tech and have rrom in production.

I suggest producing a lot cheap single brigades of MIL (easy on officers, which is most important) and simply putting one on every coastal province in mainland Italy. The purpose of these brigades is not to stop the enemy, but to detect landings quickly. 50 MIL brigades, or however many are needed, are quite quick and cheap to produce. No need to upgrade them or anything.

AFAIK militia uses different practical than infantry (this has never made much sense IMO), so it might not be the best idea...

The biggest problem with Italy in HOI3 is that they aren't much of a match for the RN naval-wise, so that the RN can roam the Med freely even in 1940-1941. The naval side of the game is its weakest point IMO (this includes amphibious invasions).

However, a strong player like CptEasy will probably be able to cause the Allies some problems... Right?
    Last edited by Cybvep; 27-12-2011 at 10:17.

Crusader Kings II500k club

[QUOTE=Cybvep;13227634] cause the Allies some problems/QUOTE]

Or the Axis.
    Your life is your life don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
    Be on the watch there are ways out.
    You can’t beat death but you can beat death in life, sometimes.
    And the more often you learn to do it the more light there will be.
    Your life is your life.
    Know it while you have it.
    The gods wait to delight in you.

The Italians are so skilled that they can always cause trouble to the Axis. Of that I'm sure.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Looking forward to your first update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    The Italians are so skilled that they can always cause trouble to the Axis. Of that I'm sure.

AFAIK militia uses different practical than infantry (this has never made much sense IMO), so it might not be the best idea...
    In our MP group we use a mod that change the leadership requirements, meaning building ships and planes also cost officers while the leadership-to-officer ratio is reduced. With this in mind, the officer cost is very important when building a lot of brigades for pure invasion detection.

Since I haven't played vanilla in quite a while, this might not be the case in this game. I guess GAR brigades could work as well, the point is that it needs to be something cheap (IC and leadership wise) and quick to build. As an Allied player it is quite annoying to not be able to make undetected landings, and without good intelligence the invader will not know it is only a single brigade defending the province. I do not say this way of guarding the coastline is essential but it certainly has its merits, especially in a hectic MP game with no pauses (sometimes you detect landings days after they have occurred...)

AFAIK no modding is involved in this AAR.

The whole concept of "undetected landings" is stupid IMO. It's not the Middle Ages, basic detection wasn't sth uncommon. In HOI3 it's possible to land the whole army unopposed and without the defender noticing anything if the player is busy on the other front. Oh, and you can land ANYWHERE almost instantly.

I don't know why the Carnage group is so reluctant to use HRs when it comes to amphibious invasions. The way they are handled in the game detracts from the experience IMO.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

A HR that states you must inform your enemy when you make a landing perhaps?
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Ok, time to stop this discussion, CptEasy & his group can operate with whatever houserules give them an acceptable game. All this is doing is rehearsing a completely predictable set of opinions. If you see a need to continue the debate can I suggest opening a thread on the main HOI3 forum

I agree, it's better to get started already

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    When does CptEasy give us our early christmas gift?!
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

I think this will be cpt easy's toughest challenge yet,being italy. I will keenly follow this.
    Lets roll.
    My AAR on the use of the 3 brigade model for germany.
    Red baron's Revenge on the aar forums

Nice to see another Carnage game !

I played Italy once and seized Suez whitin the first weeks of the war, by building up previously a strong force in Lybia, but ended gloomily...

Good luck to all players ! I'follow for sure, as always.

Looking forward to this, as ever

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Lots of activities here during Christmas, I see. Very nice. Hope all of you had a good Christmas. I managed to LAN some Command & Conquer Zero Hours with my brother in law. It happens to be a long standing tradition as well You need a break in all the sociolizing...

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis View Post
    When does CptEasy give us our early christmas gift?!
    When do you begin?
    We have a long awaited game night tonight. Due to jobs and vacations the game has been on ice for roughly a month (terrible). After tonight, however, I expect the game to have reached far enough for me to able to start posting chapters without giving away to much to my opponents.

Cheers.
    Cpt Easy's multiplayer AARs
    Blitz Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Sudden Patriotic Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Carnage Al Dente (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Royal Carnage (HoI SF 2.04f) (Finished) .. Sudden Carnage (HoI SF 2.04b) (Finished) .. Years of Jolly Carnage (SF) (Finished) .. Wildfires (HoI III) (Finished)
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
    AARland Choice AwAARds Winner (Round 1, 2011) (Round 3, 2011) (Round 1, 2012) (Round 2, 2012) (2nd half 2013)
    WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 13, 2011 Weekly AAR Showcase 25th Dec 2011 and 27th May 2012
    Winner of Iron HeAARt 2011, Iron HeAARt 2012 and Iron HeAARt 2013

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 ... LastLast