+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: AHD DD13 - Christmas Special!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Tsar tanks rolling into Vienna IMO.
    well, it's not that big of a stretch.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8803/283802b.jpg
    It's a Russian (soviet) tank rolling in vienna.

If I'm not mistaken then I think it takes place in line of sight of the Hofburg, the former Palace of the Austrian Emperors

Why not Zulu Red Barons throwing flaming spears at Mexican Hindenburgs to win a decisive battle over the coast of swedish northern-Siberia.
    Last edited by etepetete; 20-12-2011 at 22:31.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by etepetete View Post
    well, it's not that big of a stretch.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8803/283802b.jpg
    It's a Russian (soviet) tank rolling in vienna.

If I'm not mistaken then I think it takes place in line of sight of the Hofburg, the former Palace of the Austrian Emperors

Why not Zulu Red Barons throwing flaming spears at Mexican Hindenburgs to win a decisive battle over the coast of swedish northern-Siberia.

Imagine that rolling into Vienna...

Or better yet... Rome...
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    you are not alone
    Ummm...errr..WOOT!

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    There's a problem with that, Berlin doesn't have its own TAG.
    Hmm, hey you know what, I suggest PI should implement an Anarcho-Liberal Berlin Corporate State in AHD (like the Manhattan Commune) so that this works.
    Berlin was the last free province left of the once mighty Anarcho-liberal German Empire after it was divided between United Soviet States of Scandinavia and Fascist Russia in the IKEA-Vodka pact of 1915.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

its very pretty but again with the british and americans, they got the cover. surely its austria's turn.
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Surely the most iconic image for Victoria 2 would be the event that happens immediately upon unpausing at the start of every single game: Austrians rampaging into Denmark.

Though Imperial Mexican flags flying in the background while they build the Golden Gate bridge would also be great. U.S.A.: "Mani-what Desti-who?" Mexico: "No es nada, amigo." *proceeds to own west coast forever*

A better one for A House Divided specifically would be Union and Confederate forces fighting each other with tanks and planes during the 57th American Restoration of Order to the Confederate Provinces.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2Rome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Jonesboro, Arkansas, Confederate States of America
    How about Confederate dreadnoughts sailing into Hawaii or CSA troops taking down a Mexican flag?
    1 RON PAUL R3VOLUTIONARY
    Nationality: Dixie
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Reactionary
    Issues: Moralism/Residency/Laissez Faire/Free Trade/Letting 'too big to fail' banks die a painful death...
    Militancy: 9.99(+0.01)
    Consciousness: 10.00

Paradox is to strategy gaming what Lynyrd Skynyrd is to Southern Rock.

V2 CSA events/decisions:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ns-Events-Mods

While the first one is cool, that would require the AI to actually get around to gobbling up Hawaii.

The Mexico one is gold, though. Mexico is usually a funky wild card in the unending ordeal of Victoria 2's War Between the States. Their tendency to get swamped in black and red flags makes them an easy way to get war score for the other side when they decide to go meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Is there another Sydney?
    Of Course! Sydney, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaidal View Post
    Of Course! Sydney, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Obviously.
    That's Sidney, but there is a Sydney in Nova Scotia

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

Nice wallpaper!

I'll throw my outlandish suggestion for a future one into the ring: King Kalākaua of Hawaii leading troops against invading Japanese or Russians outside Iolani Palace

Or a Roosevelt/Bismarck boxing match in the middle of a raging battle.
    For first he was faultless in his senses; and his five fingers never failed him; and all his trust on earth was upon the five wounds that Christ bare upon the cross. And whenever this knight found himself in stress of battle he deemed well that he drew his strength from the five joys which the Queen of Heaven had of her Child. And the fifth five that the hero used were frankness and fellowship above all, purity and courtesy that never failed him, and compassion that surpasses all; and in these five virtues was that hero wrapped and clothed.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium Dei View Post
    I'll throw my outlandish suggestion for a future one into the ring: King Kalākaua of Hawaii leading troops against invading Japanese or Russians outside Iolani Palace
    No, Queen Liliuokalani invading San Francisico, held by the British.

wishes for a WWI game Affenklaus's Avatar

A picture of the Ottomans finally capturing Vienna in the 19th century would be nice.
    Or, if that's too unplausible, a picture of the French army running away from an attack of the infamous Luxembourgers (yes, all three of them).
    "It is not in swaddling-bands that we learn to walk. It is not in the dark that we learn to distinguish colours. It is not under oppression that we learn how to use freedom." - Thomas Babington Macaulay

I'd like to see Icelandic communists tearing down the old flag and putting up the new one in front of a large crowd.

GRAAAAAAAZEEEEEEE!!!!! Austrischen's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Bettwen 2 alternate dimensions: one filled with moon runes and the other filled with brave macho soldiers...
    Oh fiddlesticks yeah! Mexican troops marching on Washington would be AWESOME!

EDIT by RRW: watch yo' language.
    Last edited by RedRalphWiggum; 21-12-2011 at 10:37.
    "Not Brook but Ocean should be his name."
    - Ludwig Van Beethoven ("Bach" is the German word for "brook")
    "Bach is Bach, as God is God."
    - Hector Berlioz
    "JS Bach - a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity"
    - Claude Debussy
    "O you happy sons of the North who have been reared at the bosom of Bach, how I envy you."
    - Giuseppi Verdi
    "I had no idea of the historical evolution of the civilized world's music and had not realized that all modern music owes everything to Bach."
    - Niccolai Rimsky-Korsakov
    Desaf═o en el mar: La Real Armada espa˝ola en el siglo XVIII
    If you can understand what's happening here you are a genius. If not, just enjoy the colors

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium Dei View Post
    Or a Roosevelt/Bismarck boxing match in the middle of a raging battle.
    I am pretty sure those two would fight with swords. Roosevelt was a cavalry man and Bismarck was fairly famous for his duals.
    Relentless madman.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Next diary is after the holidays and will be about new map modes and other things.
    About the new and revamped LEDGER I hope.

wishes for a WWI game Affenklaus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sant˘ka View Post
    About the new and revamped LEDGER I hope.
    And the tweaked diplomacy AI. It's on of the few things that still really bug me in the game.
    "It is not in swaddling-bands that we learn to walk. It is not in the dark that we learn to distinguish colours. It is not under oppression that we learn how to use freedom." - Thomas Babington Macaulay

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Affenklaus View Post
    And the tweaked diplomacy AI. It's on of the few things that still really bug me in the game.
    was tweaking this yesterday. stuff like more logical white peaces etc. Honestly its bug fixes so I wasnt going to talk about it in any diary, but I guess I can do a summary in the last one over some of the ai challenges.
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Tanks!
    This week's tank is the Austro-Hungarian "Burstyn". It never got further than the design stage and never constructed. We really liked the design, and in particular the "arms" that would let it cross trenches, and so we decided to include it. here is great forum post about many of the interesting ideas incorporated in the tank: http://landships.activeboard.com/t37...ned-tank-ever/.
    Attachment 44275
    Tell your moddeler his tanks is missing the front arms motors http://www.doppeladler.com/themodell.../87burstyn.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast