• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Welcome to this week's development mini diary for A House Divided. It's a mini diary because it's a Christmas special (which are traditionally associated with small things, like Ewoks). We are currently busy with bug fixing and balancing before going off a few days on Christmas holidays, but I thought it would be nice to have an update for you all.

Gifts!
Yonaz spent some time to convert the House Divided menu background into an awesome wallpaper:
AHD_1024x768.png
It shows American war ships shelling London, and I think captures the spirit of Victoria II quite well. Here is a zip file containing several sizes so you can pick one that matches your screen resolution best: View attachment ahd_wallpapers.zip

Tanks!
This week's tank is the Austro-Hungarian "Burstyn". It never got further than the design stage and never constructed. We really liked the design, and in particular the "arms" that would let it cross trenches, and so we decided to include it. here is great forum post about many of the interesting ideas incorporated in the tank: http://landships.activeboard.com/t3751147/burstyn-tank-first-functional-designed-tank-ever/.
dd13-tank.jpg

Next diary is after the holidays and will be about new map modes and other things.

That info about the Burstyn tank is a quite nice read. Too bad it was totally neglected. You can see some very good features on this tank already, like the turret, compared to the fixed badly designed/improvised tanks the British or Germans made. And this tank was actually, according to the info, already designed in 1911!

And for the next expansion let's have a picture of Austria burning Washington, eh?

EDIT: also, the Burstyn will be used for Austria as well as Austria-Hungary, right?

And for the next expansion let's have a picture of Austria burning Washington, eh?

EDIT: also, the Burstyn will be used for Austria as well as Austria-Hungary, right?

maybe so :D my suggestion for showing Lincoln punching out Booth at the Ford theater was voted down sadly.

yes its for austria as well

Why not French marching through the Brandenburg gate in Berlin?

Nice surprise ;)

I'm looking forward the new map modes. I'm sure they'll be more useful than in other games, because of all the information relying on territory (in its population, better said).

Eh, I still think Austria is the perfect choice. They've got one of the most awesome and recognisable flags (That is, the Habsburg Flag).

Why not French marching through the Brandenburg gate in Berlin?

That's OTL. Not very alt-history-y, eh?

Wait, here's another idea: British flags over Urumqi or Yunnan with indian British soldiers standing on guard.
'Course there's the problem of a good and distinguishing landmark...

Tsar tanks rolling into Vienna IMO.

Lolwut? That'd look hilarious. :D

Communist Japan flying hot air balloons over the ruins of Anarcho-Liberal GP Cuba?

I'd like to see that one. EDIT: I'd Really like to see that.

How about Communist British ships sniping Communist French and Anarcho-Liberal Prussian aircraft off the Norwegian coast? (since aircraft can't go into the water...)

Last edited:
Long debate on background.

Your all wrong. It should be a painting of Teddy Roosevelt, weaing nothing but his boxers, strangling an alligator with one hand and punching several Samurai Ninjas with the other.