• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tsar tanks rolling into Vienna IMO.

well, it's not that big of a stretch.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8803/283802b.jpg
It's a Russian (soviet) tank rolling in vienna. ;)

If I'm not mistaken then I think it takes place in line of sight of the Hofburg, the former Palace of the Austrian Emperors

Why not Zulu Red Barons throwing flaming spears at Mexican Hindenburgs to win a decisive battle over the coast of swedish northern-Siberia.

Last edited:
well, it's not that big of a stretch.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8803/283802b.jpg
It's a Russian (soviet) tank rolling in vienna. ;)

If I'm not mistaken then I think it takes place in line of sight of the Hofburg, the former Palace of the Austrian Emperors

Why not Zulu Red Barons throwing flaming spears at Mexican Hindenburgs to win a decisive battle over the coast of swedish northern-Siberia.

Tsar_tank.jpg

Imagine that rolling into Vienna...

Or better yet... Rome...

There's a problem with that, Berlin doesn't have its own TAG.
Hmm, hey you know what, I suggest PI should implement an Anarcho-Liberal Berlin Corporate State in AHD (like the Manhattan Commune) so that this works. :D
Berlin was the last free province left of the once mighty Anarcho-liberal German Empire after it was divided between United Soviet States of Scandinavia and Fascist Russia in the IKEA-Vodka pact of 1915.

Surely the most iconic image for Victoria 2 would be the event that happens immediately upon unpausing at the start of every single game: Austrians rampaging into Denmark.

Though Imperial Mexican flags flying in the background while they build the Golden Gate bridge would also be great. U.S.A.: "Mani-what Desti-who?" Mexico: "No es nada, amigo." *proceeds to own west coast forever*

A better one for A House Divided specifically would be Union and Confederate forces fighting each other with tanks and planes during the 57th American Restoration of Order to the Confederate Provinces.

How about Confederate dreadnoughts sailing into Hawaii or CSA troops taking down a Mexican flag?

While the first one is cool, that would require the AI to actually get around to gobbling up Hawaii.

The Mexico one is gold, though. Mexico is usually a funky wild card in the unending ordeal of Victoria 2's War Between the States. Their tendency to get swamped in black and red flags makes them an easy way to get war score for the other side when they decide to go meddling.

Nice wallpaper!

I'll throw my outlandish suggestion for a future one into the ring: King Kalākaua of Hawaii leading troops against invading Japanese or Russians outside Iolani Palace :D

Or a Roosevelt/Bismarck boxing match in the middle of a raging battle.

I'll throw my outlandish suggestion for a future one into the ring: King Kalākaua of Hawaii leading troops against invading Japanese or Russians outside Iolani Palace :D

No, Queen Liliuokalani invading San Francisico, held by the British.

A picture of the Ottomans finally capturing Vienna in the 19th century would be nice.
Or, if that's too unplausible, a picture of the French army running away from an attack of the infamous Luxembourgers (yes, all three of them).

Oh fiddlesticks yeah! Mexican troops marching on Washington would be AWESOME!

EDIT by RRW: watch yo' language.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the tweaked diplomacy AI. It's on of the few things that still really bug me in the game.

was tweaking this yesterday. stuff like more logical white peaces etc. Honestly its bug fixes so I wasnt going to talk about it in any diary, but I guess I can do a summary in the last one over some of the ai challenges.

Tanks!
This week's tank is the Austro-Hungarian "Burstyn". It never got further than the design stage and never constructed. We really liked the design, and in particular the "arms" that would let it cross trenches, and so we decided to include it. here is great forum post about many of the interesting ideas incorporated in the tank: http://landships.activeboard.com/t3751147/burstyn-tank-first-functional-designed-tank-ever/.
View attachment 44275

Tell your moddeler his tanks is missing the front arms motors http://www.doppeladler.com/themodeller/kits/87burstyn.htm :p